MAC / Estee Lauder Warehouse Sale...

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Mac sale...

Just a reminder that any inquiries for a CP/Sale/Swap/etc. must stay within the Clearance Bin area!

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Thanks for the consideration, Meryl. =) It goes from June 6-8th. I found a seller who wants $20 /ticket for the 7th but I'm not that desperate - yet. Yeah, I was just at the shoe sale up there and it was pretty grey up there, but for a good sale I'll go!

$20 may not be bad if someone really needs to go...
th_dunno.gif

I passed up a free ticket today, because it was only for one and I didn't want to go by myself. As you said, I'm not that desperate either, as this ticket was for the first day and that's when they have the best selection.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
$20 may not be bad if someone really needs to go...
th_dunno.gif

I passed up a free ticket today, because it was only for one and I didn't want to go by myself. As you said, I'm not that desperate either, as this ticket was for the first day and that's when they have the best selection.

tong.gif
I'm such a loser, I'd rather go by myself than pay $20 to get in!

I'll scout around, hopefully there'll be some way to pick one up for this sale.

HOTasFCUK

I've been there by myself! LOL i had an extra ticket for the Sunday so i went alone and i was happy because they finally had Glissade and they had been sold out before! When i went alone, i went around 2:30ish so there was no line-up! Wait, i even scored a Friday ticket last year and waited in the big line-up once but the girl behind me was alone too so she started chatting with me! It was a great sale so it was worth it. Trust me, in this place you gotta make a mad dash from table to table if you don't want the good stuff gone. When i go with my cousin, we usually shop really fast and then go back to the warehouse rooms and check to see if we missed out on anything! I think you get more done when you shop alone! I just hate standing in line alone!

Meryl

HOTasFCUK, now you tell me?
lol.gif
I passed on the ticket.
lol.gif

I always go to the Holt Renfrew sales alone, I can't concentrate on finding the right outfit when someone is with me... but I've never been to the Estee Lauder sale by myself. I guess there isn't such a sense of urgency for me when it comes to cosmetics and skincare. I mean, do we really need more make-up?

What have you found there, in the past, that was a fabulous deal?
yes.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holstrom4
Just a reminder that any inquiries for a CP/Sale/Swap/etc. must stay within the Clearance Bin area!

Just reiterating this again.

I've removed all the CP requests that were made after Holstrom4 posted this. Please use the CP subforum.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
HOTasFCUK, now you tell me?
lol.gif
I passed on the ticket.
lol.gif

I always go to the Holt Renfrew sales alone, I can't concentrate on finding the right outfit when someone is with me... but I've never been to the Estee Lauder sale by myself. I guess there isn't such a sense of urgency for me when it comes to cosmetics and skincare. I mean, do we really need more make-up?

What have you found there, in the past, that was a fabulous deal?
yes.gif

In the past sales, everything was much cheaper but everything is still low priced! They had mini shadesticks, lipgloss, & lipgelees from the holiday sets, quads, holiday palettes, pigments, full size shadesticks, lipliners, fluidlines, beauty powders, foundations, msf's, concealers, lipsticks, lipgloss, glimmershimmers, pearlizers, blush, perfume, bags, eyeshadows (pots & pans), the 187 brush, brush sets.....what else am i missing?? The only crap thing is the colours are very limited and sometimes theres things from the regular lines but you can usually find some great LE items. Oh and they had glitter liners, nail polish, and more! Its usually different everytime & there have been some disappointing sales but i'm really looking forward to this one next week! As long as its a good deal, we can always use more make-up! They also have lots of stuff from Estee Lauder, Clinique, many perfume sets, and a few things from Bobbi Brown & La Mer.

When and where is this Holt Renfrew sale???
cutey.gif

BlahWah

I scored a ticket for Saturday!!!!
yahoo.gif
Anyone else going on that day? I'm planning to get in line early early - like, 7:30 a.m.- with my DS and a Venti Misto cuz I have a wedding to attend later that day. If anyone wants to join me, holla thru a pm!

MzFit

I took the day off work to go on Friday I was thinking if I got there around 7 that is early enought.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK

When and where is this Holt Renfrew sale???
cutey.gif

I mentioned I might go to the Holts sales alone, I was thinking mostly of Boxing Day, Now or Never or the special first day of the Outlet sales when Last Call was on Steeles and the sales were worth lining up for, which I did. Also, Holts had a huge warehouse sale one year. It was near the airport and it was much bigger than any Last Call sale.

They haven't had any really fabulous sales in recent years though.

jennfreak

I think i might get tickets to sunday, however, is it worth going Sunday? will all the good stuff be gone?

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennfreak
I think i might get tickets to sunday, however, is it worth going Sunday? will all the good stuff be gone?

It is worth it because sometimes they re-stock for Sunday. Last time i went on a Saturday, Glissade MSF was sold out but when i went back on Sunday, they had it so i think they same a bit of stock for all 3 days. It really depends though because somethings are sold out for all the sale days!

BlahWah

Well, turns out I can't find someone to take my extra ticket (I got 2)... more like everyone I asked ended up getting one! If anyone's interested pm me. I can meet up within the GTA, or you can meet me 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, lol!

MzFit

OMG I got at 4 I was so excited I dropped $400 dollars I was like the 4th person there too. LOL

Angelcorrine

Quote:
^What did you get?? How was the prices? Do you remember any of the colours?

Yes! Details, we need details to live vicariously through your makeup purchases!
yes.gif

BlahWah

Yes, details! And my gosh, if you got in line that early and I'm planning to be there at 7:30.... I'll be so tanned by the time I'm done!

MzFit

Quote:
^What did you get?? How was the prices? Do you remember any of the colours?

Prices were good somethings were great some ok.

Fafi quad 2 for $15
Royal assets metalic and smokey eyes $20 each
Satin 5 basic brush set $20
Pigments $9
Viz-a-violet
Cornflake
Provence
Mauvement
Gold Stroke
Copperized
Cocomotion
Off the Radar
Gold Mode
Shimmertime
Shade sticks $9 Silverblue and Gracious Me
Eyeshadows $9 Magic Dust (Barbie), Jewel Tone, Rose Blanc
Lipglasses $9
Sex Ray
Saviour Faire (MAC Couture)
Vital Spark
Bronzebar (Chromeglass)
Lipglass Lipliners $7
Part Nude
Pink Edge
Fusha
Highlight Powder Hullaballo $12
Tantone Blush $12
Paint Pot Chartru $9
Tender Tone Tender Baby $9
Clinqe Colour Surge Lip Lacquer $9
I have two regerts some how I end up with dark blot powder it was $12 at the same table as the blush and high lighters I wanted something else don't remember what. I either wrote down the number wrong or the person picked the wrong things up eiter way I am NC 25 so it ain't going to work.
Also got moistergleam body $12 I should have got the charged waters stupid stupid.
I got Clinque Toner $12
Oh and lastly on the way out give $5 to charity get shimmermint (OMG love it) and Non-conformist fluid line(meh)
I didnt go into the $2 sample stuff cause could honestly have no patiance for that line up it was a zoo.
All and all great if you love pigments your going to be in heavin like me.
smiles.gif

Lots of stuff from the Christmas colection but I already had all the pigments and lipglass sets, eyeliner set (grr regret that too)
If I could do it over again I wouldn't have botten the bodygleam and dark blot maybe I can swap or something as it is unopend. I would have gotten all 3 charged waters I am a dummy should have I love them duh. Oh and another go around blush and highlighter table I think what I was looking at was a cream blush and some how got the lose bloat powder. (Grrrrr)

There was a bit of barbie loves Mac but most I had so didn't bother. I am not buying a back up kinda gal so when it is gone it is gone.

Oh and people if you go to these sales there are some very rude people who think it is ok to bud inline
thmbdn.gif
Or show up last minute and have 5 girls say oh we are with this girl ummm no you aren't she has been here for 3 hours where were you? I am very nice and easy going but even that ticket me off as I was there at 6:45 I meet some really sweet girls that I chatted with on the wait tell 10:00 a.m so not everyone is a jerk.

MzFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Yes, details! And my gosh, if you got in line that early and I'm planning to be there at 7:30.... I'll be so tanned by the time I'm done!

If you want the $2 sample stuff be there early and run to 3rd building at the end it is in there with a lot of other MAC stuff best area IMO.