MAC / Estee Lauder Warehouse Sale...

christineeee_

Re: Mac sale...

damn, i wish i had a ticket to this
ssad.gif

BlahWah

Second on the 227 brush! I would've loved to get that. I saw the 182 but there weren't many left by the time I got around and people were not handling the brushes nicely. I really wantd Uncommon too but the tester wasn't on the table to I opted for Suntwist which may be too close to Eversun but looked sooo pretty.

And yeah, were the prices dropped? Next time I'll go to the Sunday one if that's the case!

**edit* Nvm, posted too slow!

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzFit
Nope not that I could see the prices were the same. The brushes were at the breast cancer donation table before you left they were in a package with the other goodies I had listed.

Where was that donation table? Was it against the wall, just as you are leaving? I felt we were ushered out after paying (in order to keep the line moving and not to cause a backup by hanging around.) I didn't even see that table. My friend was looking for brushes too! We only saw the mini LE ones inside.

novella

The brushes were in included in the package $5 for donation to cancer. It was right after you paid . They was a table against a wall. Then you went to another table to get your free gift. I bought two. I wished I bought more. I did ask if there was a limit and she said no . I went on Sunday. Do they offer something different on Friday and Saturday? You also got to see what was in the package and one got to choose.

On another note, I am glad I went. I got a lot of lipstick packages (the ones from the Christmas collection) Royal assets. I got pigments. I wish I got more. I bought 4 pack eyeshadow in the$ 15 selection. I wish I got some more. I was trying not to spend too much as we all know it can add up.

As for going Sunday, I hardly had to wait in line, maybe 5 minutes. It was not crowded inside. They did not drop the prices for the makeup. I noticed that for the pefume they did for some . I did not purchase perfume as I was not intersted.

By the way , where was the brush set or brush for $15. I saw some sets for 25.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by novella
By the way , where was the brush set or brush for $15. I saw some sets for 25.

It was at the same table of the wipes. It was just the brushes tho, no cases or anything with it (except for the plastic packaging, of course).

As a side note, I'm sooooo glad Expensive Pink was there. I felt it was one of the two other items I needed to do my NSF looks along with Magnetic Fields and it's like I was meant to be at this sale just for this shadow. =D Now all I need is Pink Grapefruit, which unfortunately wasn't there, altho Pink Lemonade was, but it doesn't seem as orange.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by novella
The brushes were in included in the package $5 for donation to cancer. It was right after you paid . They was a table against a wall. Then you went to another table to get your free gift.

Darn. My friend picked the cashier's line that was almost directly in front of the exit and, as I mentioned, once we finished paying, they kind of pushed us out that door.

I wondered what that table to the left was about, but we didn't even get to see it.

astronaut

Oh Sweet Heaven! I Just Got An Email From Maccosmetics.com And The Friends And Family Sale Is Going On From The 11th To 16th. Online Only On 16th Oh Baby Oh Baby Oh.

I Will Be At My Mac Store First Thing On Thursday Morning For Sure!!!

edit: oops. Didn't realize this was about Canada's sales. Off to start my own thread!

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Now all I need is Pink Grapefruit, which unfortunately wasn't there, altho Pink Lemonade was, but it doesn't seem as orange.

I saw Pink Lemonade there and the weirdest thing about it was that it was in Moonbathe packaging!!! I guess it was supposed to be part of the collection last year but maybe they dropped it at the last minute? Now i regret not getting one although i already have Pink lemonade and hate it! Did anybody see this???

Lucky1288

Quote:
Augh, that's too bad! The girl who said she'd meet me at the sale didn't turn up at all so I had an extra ticket around. Grr.... I really wanted to help someone out with it but it flopped.
thmbdn.gif

Aww thats crappy I would have killed for that ticket!! I am a poor MAC addicted student therefore I only have a certain amount of money I can spend on makeup and I definietly would have taken full advantage of the sale. Well, if you happen to somehow get an extra ticket for the next sale, whenever that may be, then well you who to call (wink wink, nudge nudge, lol)

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1288
Aww thats crappy I would have killed for that ticket!! I am a poor MAC addicted student therefore I only have a certain amount of money I can spend on makeup and I definietly would have taken full advantage of the sale. Well, if you happen to somehow get an extra ticket for the next sale, whenever that may be, then well you who to call (wink wink, nudge nudge, lol)

lol, I'll keep you in mind, altho there's no knowing what will happen for the next sale. I'm expecting this to be my first and last, tho I hope for the best!
yes.gif
Turns out that the girl had her car break down and had to have it DUMPED.
ssad.gif
More than kinda sucky - nevermind not making the sale, she had to pay for the tow and possibly a new car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I saw Pink Lemonade there and the weirdest thing about it was that it was in Moonbathe packaging!!! I guess it was supposed to be part of the collection last year but maybe they dropped it at the last minute? Now i regret not getting one although i already have Pink lemonade and hate it! Did anybody see this???

I was wondering about that too, altho in the craziness of it all I just thought I misremembered my collections. Perhaps Moonbathe l/g replaced it? It is a sheerer version of it, iirc.

HOTasFCUK

I'm soooo glad they put Moonbathe lipgloss in that collection instead of pink lemonade! Its one of my faves (i bought an extra one from the sale) & pink lemonade goes on so thick & gluey for me! Someone at the sale told me the next one will be in September & then there's usually always one in December! Can't wait!!!

Lucky1288

Quote:
lol, I'll keep you in mind, altho there's no knowing what will happen for the next sale. I'm expecting this to be my first and last, tho I hope for the best!
yes.gif
Turns out that the girl had her car break down and had to have it DUMPED.
ssad.gif
More than kinda sucky - nevermind not making the sale, she had to pay for the tow and possibly a new car!

Oh no, that sucks big time!! I would be majorly pissed if that had happened to me.

And i never mentioned, I am happy that you guys all got such great deals on stuff, even though I still am a bit jealous, lol. But I did use my 15% off coupon on some stuff so it's alright.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1288
And i never mentioned, I am happy that you guys all got such great deals on stuff, even though I still am a bit jealous, lol. But I did use my 15% off coupon on some stuff so it's alright.

These sales are hit or miss and sometimes they have really great stock & sometimes its the same stuff from the last few sales! I really think Estee Lauder/MAC should make this sale open to the general public (even for a day!) because they would clear out sooooo much in one shot! Actually the sale at Christmas last year was freakin' nuts!!! They must've released a few extra hundred tickets because i waited almost 3 hours in line outside in the ice & snow! The lines were crazy everywhere & they even did the set-up a bit differently to handle the crowds. Excellent selection though! It was worth it!

I'm glad MAC finally offered a sale like the 15% off! Kinda sucks for all of us in Ontario because we pay 13% sales tax so we are really on knocking 2% off the total! But it sure beats paying full price!! At least i can justify to my boyfriend that "i'm saving money so i might as well buy more" LOL
cutey.gif

BlahWah

Soooooo.... let the craziness begin again! I'm resurrecting this thread for the upcoming Estee Lauder sale - I believe on the Markham Fairgrounds again - coming up September 12-14, as confirmed by HOTasFCUK in another thread.

Anyone got tickets yet? *nudge nudge* If I actually get my hands on one... I'll seriously have to plan what I'm eating the next while. Bought stuff from Buffalo earlier this month, fell in to Cult of Cherry (tho not as hard as most!)... but how can I avoid a sale with discounted MAC??

MzFit

Yup I got one ticket for Saturday and one Sunday but wont be going as nuts as last time. I need wipes again we will see what else they had maybe some quads from past collections would be cool the pigments are always a great deal oh and maybe MSF.

michmom2

How do you get tickets? I live across the water from Canada and I'll drive there if I can get a ticket!!! Do you have to know someone that works for Estee Lauder or MAC??

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmom2
How do you get tickets? I live across the water from Canada and I'll drive there if I can get a ticket!!! Do you have to know someone that works for Estee Lauder or MAC??

Yeah, only employees of EL or companies which work with EL get tickets. Some people get chummy with their MAC MA's - I haven't gotten close enough apparently =(, but I do know a girl whose mother works for a company which works with EL (talk about 6 degrees of separation!). I'm hoping to score tickets this time around but someone may have gotten in touch with her before me, so we'll see!

*edit* You can try Red Flag Deals to see if anyone has tickets available but usually there are more askers than offerers (as expected). Worth a try though! Especially in the last few days. Be prepared to pay up to $20 for a ticket tho. =T

christineeee_

if anyone has an extra ticket or two for friday, sept. 14th or sunday, sept. 14th...please think of me *puppy dog eyes* lol