MAC - Euristocrats II Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
I am slowly collecting this collection. I may even try the Costa Chic...

I eventually did grab this one and, as a word of warning, it's REALLY frosty. I find I have to go very lightly with it or I'm stuck with kind of frosty, gooey mess. Applied lightly, it's quite pretty, though.

I've been slowly gathering all these products for a while (although I skipped St. Germain). At this point, I'm trying to hunt down the ones that were only part of the original European launch- Going Dutch, Ramblas Red, Barcelona Red... The search continues...

shontay07108

Quote:
I am slowly collecting this collection. I may even try the Costa Chic...

My goodness, Costa Chic was a nightmare for me.

GlamQueen21

^I've heard Costa Chic is frosty and glad that I passed on it. MAC should bring the lipsticks that are in the European launch here in the US!! That would be awesome!

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
^I've heard Costa Chic is frosty and glad that I passed on it. MAC should bring the lipsticks that are in the European launch here in the US!! That would be awesome!

I could go for that. I just tried Sandy B and it wasn't bad. I guess I am slowly coming around to going for some frost finish. I guess I better check a swatch first though.

dreamer246

Ok now I feel much better about skipping Costa Chic. I hate anything too frosty looking, so perhaps I'm better off without it anyway.
winks.gif

shontay07108

Even without the frost, Costa Chic is fug on my skintone. The frost just adds insult to injury. I love London Life and Cockney.

martiangurll

Alright, you guys are talking me out of it. But I think Cockney is becoming a need. I think I'd like it better than the VV red lippy. Cuz I loves me some Glazes and Lustres!

Plus, layering Rou d Rouge over it will be pretty.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Alright, you guys are talking me out of it. But I think Cockney is becoming a need. I think I'd like it better than the VV red lippy. Cuz I loves me some Glazes and Lustres!

Ooh, definitely get Cockney. It's like Lady Bug but brighter and more pigmented. It's a great warm red and super soft. The pearl makes it glimmer on the lips, too, which I love. I do recommend a lip liner with it because, as with all the moist lustres, it does have a tendency to bleed.

shontay07108

Quote:

yes.gif
Yes, get Cockney. I love it. I also love London Life. The only two lippies I bought (well kept) from this collection.

martiangurll

Just snagged Patisserie. I cannot believe I have not mentioned my favorite of the collection which is Via Venetto! Love that lipglass--it is such a beautiful lavender with silver sparklies. I was able to get one on ACW and I have seen some other lipglass from this collection I think at the CCO as well...

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Just snagged Patisserie. I cannot believe I have not mentioned my favorite of the collection which is Via Venetto! Love that lipglass--it is such a beautiful lavender with silver sparklies. I was able to get one on ACW and I have seen some other lipglass from this collection I think at the CCO as well...

I'm wearing Patisserie today. Looks really nice with a smoky eye.

shontay07108

Quote:

I wish I had bought Via Veneto. Totally dumb skip on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred

I was interested in Patisserie, but I figured it wouldn't show on me. Maybe I'll just try and see.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I was interested in Patisserie, but I figured it wouldn't show on me. Maybe I'll just try and see.

Hm... Based on your lip colour (from the photo I've seen), it's a little hard to tell. My lips are fairly pigmented and it shows up, but makes them appear quite a bit lighter. I suspect you'd have the same effect. Like a light pearly pink colour.

shontay07108

Quote:
Hm... Based on your lip colour (from the photo I've seen), it's a little hard to tell. My lips are fairly pigmented and it shows up, but makes them appear quite a bit lighter. I suspect you'd have the same effect. Like a light pearly pink colour.

Sounds good to me!

GlamQueen21

Quote:

I adore Patisserie so much!!
love.gif
I'm on my second tube and I need to give it more love!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm disappointed that, having made them permanent, MAC is gettiing rid of all these lipsticks. The lustres are about the nicest I've ever come across, super-moist and with a gorgeous pearl.

LMD84

I'm disappointed that, having made them permanent, MAC is gettiing rid of all these lipsticks. The lustres are about the nicest I've ever come across, super-moist and with a gorgeous pearl.

yeah i'm sad! i need a back up of naked paris. i dont back up often at all... however this lippie is a great staple in my collection
smiles.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
yeah i'm sad! i need a back up of naked paris. i dont back up often at all... however this lippie is a great staple in my collection
smiles.gif
Definitely a go-to neutral for me. It makes my lips look absolutely luscious. And Cockney is such a wonderful, juicy red...