MAC - Euristocrats II Discussion

Camnagem

Costa Chic has a personal triangle of death from me!

Hot frosty mess makin me feel like Wanda, get outta here!
girl_devil.gif

1 UP Mushrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantedge
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but I didn't see anything about it... I've noticed on the Canadian site, that Costa Chic has no triangle of death. Is it permanent now or is that a mistake? It's been like that for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
it doesn't have a Triangle on the US site either...so not sure

I have a feeling this collection has been made permanent for North America as well. I ordered a couple of Saint Germain lipsticks for a friend a few weeks back from mac.ca but I had to call in because Saint Germain wasn't available online (just wasn't there at all). The girl I spoke with said it's strange that I didn't see the lipstick online because that particular lipstick has been made permanent. And now you ladies mentioned a few of these lippies don't have the triangle beside them and sure enough none of the lipsticks have the triangle which makes me believe they made this whole collection permanent for US/Canada as well...at least online it seems like it.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Question about Euristocrats II lustres

I don't know if I'm the only one to notice this, but I swear that the lustres released with the Euristocrats II collection that are now permanent (London Life, Milan Mode, Naked Paris, Cockney) are a slightly different formulation than regular lustres. I find them softer and most have more sparkle than a regular lustre. I also find that they have more of a tendency to travel, so I have to be more diligent about using a liner.

Am I imagining things? If not, does anybody know what the change was? I quite like the formulation on those colours and I'd be curious.

LMD84

Re: Question about Euristocrats II lustres

i have naked paris but it doesn't look that different to any other lustre lippie that i have. although because these were perm in the uk i can't remember if i bought it before or after the collection came out! it was last year at some point though i think!

katred

Specktra Bestie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
*moving to Euristocrats II discussion thread*

Thanks Susanne... Didn't even OCCUR to me to look there...
noob.gif

dreamer246

I have Going Dutch lipstick. I can do swatches if you want, but I don't have a camera with me right now, so maybe in a few days' time.
winks.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i have naked paris but it doesn't look that different to any other lustre lippie that i have. although because these were perm in the uk i can't remember if i bought it before or after the collection came out! it was last year at some point though i think!

Naked Paris is definitely a favorite for me. I just love the silver sparkles with the plummy sheer browness of it...
tong.gif

marajode

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
Naked Paris is definitely a favorite for me. I just love the silver sparkles with the plummy sheer browness of it...
tong.gif

Ohhh.
Me too!
I'm so glad this was made permanent!
This is so wearable!

dreamer246

Ok I'm back with the swatches!

Lustering - Going Dutch - A Rose Romance
DSC04165.jpg

(Top row) RazzleDazzler - Naked Paris
(Middle row) Lustering - Going Dutch - A Rose Romance - Fun Fun
(Bottom row) Barcelona Red

Without flash
DSC04169.jpg

With flash
DSC04170.jpg

I would say that Going Dutch is kinda like a cross between Lustering and Barcelona Red, but it's closest dupe (according to what I have) is Lustering. However, Going Dutch is more coral than Lustering, and Going Dutch has more dimension/sheen to it possibly due to its frost finish. Let me be more specific and say that with its sheen it really looks like Lustering, but if you tilt it in such an angle that its sheen is less obvious then it looks more like Barcelona Red. HTH!

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Ok I'm back with the swatches!

Lustering - Going Dutch - A Rose Romance
DSC04165.jpg

(Top row) RazzleDazzler - Naked Paris
(Middle row) Lustering - Going Dutch - A Rose Romance - Fun Fun
(Bottom row) Barcelona Red

Without flash
DSC04169.jpg

With flash
DSC04170.jpg

I would say that Going Dutch is kinda like a cross between Lustering and Barcelona Red, but it's closest dupe (according to what I have) is Lustering. However, Going Dutch is more coral than Lustering, and Going Dutch has more dimension/sheen to it possibly due to its frost finish. Let me be more specific and say that with its sheen it really looks like Lustering, but if you tilt it in such an angle that its sheen is less obvious then it looks more like Barcelona Red. HTH!

Thank you! I found my London Life and love, love, love it. Such a great buildable berry with multicolor pearl. Rue D Bois is nice too. Just ordered St Germain--is it Perm? Considering Going Dutch and Costa Chic!

dreamer246

Yes, London Life is a pretty color too.
winks.gif

I'm not sure if St. Germain is perm though. I never managed to get Costa Chic, but I'm still thinking about it.
th_crazy.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I don't know if I'm the only one to notice this, but I swear that the lustres released with the Euristocrats II collection that are now permanent (London Life, Milan Mode, Naked Paris, Cockney) are a slightly different formulation than regular lustres. I find them softer and most have more sparkle than a regular lustre. I also find that they have more of a tendency to travel, so I have to be more diligent about using a liner.

Am I imagining things? If not, does anybody know what the change was? I quite like the formulation on those colours and I'd be curious.

I think that's right. I just bought a St Germain and noticed Naked Paris, Cockney, London Life and Milan Mode are still there on the MAC website for US. Which is cool, but I swapped for NP, MM, and LL from someone in Europe because I didn't think we could get them here. It is good to know we can always ask for a CP if we need something perm in Europe (shoe will be on the other foot for a change!)
th_LMAO.gif

GlamQueen21

I'm on my second Patisserie l/s and I'm in love with it! I may have to order another again lol I have planned to order Saint Germain l/s for the longest time and will sometime soon.

shontay07108

Milan Mode is absolutely gorgeous. I picked it up awhile back on a whim and I'm glad I did. So buildable and brightens the face.

I love London Life the most. I can't even tell you how much. Cockney is also a fave.

Saint Germain is terrifying. I haven't worn it outside yet. It'll take some work, but I'll get around to it eventually. I may pick up Patisserie even though I doubt it will show on me.