MAC Extra Dimension discussion

Knope2012

Oh okay. I saw Temptalia called it warm, so I was confused. If that's the case, I think I'll get Whisper of Gilt. I like the color better and it's more subtle, so I think I would get more use out of it as I don't tan. I'll just decide this weekend if I want to get Superb also, or if I would rather get some blushes from Tres Chic. I feel like these will sell out first.

Anitacska

im torn between superb and whisper of gilt msf's....leaning more toward superb..im not in any hurry to grab lightscapade msf from so reel since it will be perm...but am i the only one who is slightly aggrivated that out of alllll the gorgeous past msf's from mac..they are picking lightscapade to become perm..blahh
I don't mind Lightscapade becoming perm, but I would've preferred the old, more colourful version since the new one isn't quite the same and I wanted a back up for my old one.

PrettyKitty

I just wrote my review (french) for Sweet Heat eyeshadow, with comparison swatches:

The texture is really to die for!

If your skin is really pale, Sweet Heat can turn orangey. Same with Superb highlighter, it's almost the exact same shade. So stay away if you hate warm shades. It won't look as warm on tan skin though.

rosieposie75

Bloomin' Beauty has comparisons to Superb here:
http://bloominbeautyblog.com/2012/03/29/mac-in-extra-dimension-skinfinishes/

I'm a little apprehensive about Superb now. I own Laura Mercier's Rose Rendezvous and it's extremely similar to Superb by her swatches. Hmmmmmmm.

Thanks for sharing! I have Rose Rendezvous too and was planning on getting Superb, I think I'm going to go with WoG instead since I can't really justify Superb since it looks so similar to Rose Rendezvous.

Colorqueen

Superb definitely goes to the peachy side on me, but if used really sheer, it just looks pleasant on me. Very fair cool people might not do as well with it

I just wrote my review (french) for Sweet Heat eyeshadow, with comparison swatches:

http://www.crystalcandymakeup.blogspot.ca/2012/03/fard-paupieres-sweet-heat-de-mac.html

If your skin is really pale, Sweet Heat can turn orangey. Same with Superb highlighter, it's almost the exact same shade. So stay away if you hate warm shades. It won't look as warm on tan skin though.

Colorqueen

It is so hard to tell what will sell out with MAC collex. Sometimes it surprises me!

If you liked Semi-Precious Pearl MSF (the light outer ring) then you will like this one. If not, you might not like this one either. Does that help at all?

Colorqueen

I can not believe they never re-released Metal Rock. That is one of the nicest MSFs they ever made and very appropriate for darker skintones too.

im torn between superb and whisper of gilt msf's....leaning more toward superb..im not in any hurry to grab lightscapade msf from so reel since it will be perm...but am i the only one who is slightly aggrivated that out of alllll the gorgeous past msf's from mac..they are picking lightscapade to become perm..blahh

Anna x

http://www.crystalcandymakeup.blogspot.ca/2012/03/fard-paupieres-sweet-heat-de-mac.html

thanks this is really helpful, since i have all that glitters i will skip sweet heat and go for immoral flower from tres chic instead! i knew my french gcse would come in useful!

lyseD

Thank you for this. I cannot justify buying Sweet Heat if it is that close to All That Glitters. Looks like it will be Blue Orbit and Rich Core for me.

PrettyKitty

You are welcome! Like I said, it's not a dupe but it's very similar. All That Glitters is slightly more on the orangey side, while Sweet Heat is pinker and much shinier. I don't use All That Glitters very often but I will certainly use Sweet Heat more because it's less warm and I love how shiny it is!

Anitacska

It just occured to me, I don't remember reading anywhere what size the eyeshadows are. Normal or Peacocky size? Thx.

PrettyKitty

It just occured to me, I don't remember reading anywhere what size the eyeshadows are. Normal or Peacocky size? Thx.
The packaging is the same size than Peacocky, but you get much less product!

Sorry I don't know $ US prices but you can still see the difference.

Regular eyeshadow: $18 CDN for 1.5g ($12 CDN for 1g)
Peacocky: $21.50 CDN for 3.4g ($6.32 CDN for 1g)
Extra Dimension: $24 CDN for 2g ($12 CDN for 1g)

Extra Dimension eyeshadows are the same price than regular eyeshadow for 1g, but Peacocky eyeshadows were much cheaper!!

Babylard

The packaging is the same size than Peacocky, but you get much less product!

Sorry I don't know $ US prices but you can still see the difference.

Regular eyeshadow: $18 CDN for 1.5g ($12 CDN for 1g)
Peacocky: $21.50 CDN for 3.4g ($6.32 CDN for 1g)
Extra Dimension: $24 CDN for 2g ($12 CDN for 1g)

Extra Dimension eyeshadows are the same price than regular eyeshadow for 1g, but Peacocky eyeshadows were much cheaper!!

To add to this, 1 tres chic blush is $24 CAD ...

Deadly

Rich Core looks SOOO beautiful on her skintone!
amazed.gif

aradhana

has anyone picked up those two sided brushes from this collection? thoughts?

i'd like to get one shadow and one highlighter from this collection, but i haven't figured out which ones. i was surprised actually in the store at the highlighters - from the swatches none of them seemed interesting, and definitely not the lighter ones, but after having swatched them, i think maybe either WoG or Superb...and then the shadow, i guess i have to decide between havana, rich core, and modern pewter. i think havana is the most like stuff i have, which i can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing!!

Mac-Guy

I love the 128 for the SF's as you can really paint them on with one side and blend them out with the other side. The 234 is nice too, though I don't think it is as essential as the 128 to make the ED formula work. I use the 286 for the ED e/s for more precision, though if you go for an all-over lid wash, I'd go with the 234.

i'd like to get one shadow and one highlighter from this collection, but i haven't figured out which ones. i was surprised actually in the store at the highlighters - from the swatches none of them seemed interesting, and definitely not the lighter ones, but after having swatched them, i think maybe either WoG or Superb...and then the shadow, i guess i have to decide between havana, rich core, and modern pewter. i think havana is the most like stuff i have, which i can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing!!

Icecaramellatte

I know what you mean. I have the same problem. Getting unique colors to my collection sounds like a good idea but it is the colors that I love the most (neutrals, bronzes) that I would probably get the most use. I got Havana for that reason. I know these colors work for me. From all the past collections (semi precious included - I still use the coppery color the most). I figured I didn't really need Havana but would probably regret it if I didn't get it. When I got home, I put Havana all over the lid and I really liked the look. I usually don't wear colors that dark all over the lid. The next day, I wanted to try more of the colors so I just went with Sweet Heat on the lid and Havana on the crease and outer V.

As for the brushes. . . I noticed this morning while searching the Nordstrom spring make up collections that the Extra Dimension promo image was up but only the brushes are available as of yet. I picked up the brushes Thursday but really haven't played with them yet. I really liked the eyeshadow brush that I picked up with the other collection (Semi-Precious???) so I figured I'd get the others.

gracie90

Quote: Originally Posted by aradhana

I got all 4 of the brushes for Semi Precious last year and use the 2 face ones every day! The 128 is the perfect blush brush for me - I use the natural hairs to apply powder product and then blend out with the synthetic side. In fact, I love it so much that a got a back up!
heart.gif