MAC Extra Dimension discussion

Knope2012

I think that Superb will be the EDSF I get, since I can't justify getting three. I wanted WOG but now I think it might be too warm for me. I do think my skin is more of a neutral than just a cool, but I do have red undertones. I want at least three eyeshadows but with all the collections coming out, I don't know if I can justify $200 in one go.

Rinstar

OK I am having a hard time choosing between Superb and Glorify. And I have to choose, I can not get both due to awesome surprise car repairs this week FML. Help me decide. Here is some info:
I am NC20, i have reddish/brown/blonde hair (it's somehow a mix of all three of those colors) and green eyes. My favorite MSF of all time is Redhead. I LOVE the color of Glorify and am leaning towards it. I like to wear color on my cheeks and don't use just highlighters very often as I do have natural glow (read "vat of oil") most of the time. So basically, is Superb more like a highlighter or also a blush/color for cheeks?

BEEaboutmakeup

I would like to see this e/s in a tutorial ... every time I think about calling PRO Nashville to order Modern Pewter, Blue Orbit and Lunar I change my mind at the last minute. lol

Yazmin

Got all of the shadows except Blue Orbit, Grand Galaxy and Warm Thunder. BO and GG just didn't pop enough of me to justify the purchase, and since I already have EL Cyber Silver, there was no need to get WT.

I also picked up WOG, and I love how it looks on my skin; actually debating whether to back that one up. Superb was already sold out, so I missed out on that one. I wanted to love Glorify - it look great when blended out on my forearm, but I just couldn't get it to work on my face - it appeared too copper-ish on me. Had a similar experience with Gold Deposit, but that was too glittery/sparkly for my taste.

pemily

What is it about this collection! I just cant seem to decide on what I want. I wish I could get all of the shadows but I cant :( I bought quite a few from Peacocky but regretted not getting more, I dont want to do that again!
001_unsure.gif

Anybody getting all 10?
Im exactly the same, Swatches are throwing me off!! I think it's because off the new concept.... Trying to work out if they are going to make me look like a robot lol!! The only other time I was like this was with the creme blend blushes because they all look so alike, so what did I do! Buy all 6 now I regret it because I can't stand them! (hope that doesn't confuse you more hun!

duckrodeo

What is it about this collection! I just cant seem to decide on what I want. I wish I could get all of the shadows but I cant :( I bought quite a few from Peacocky but regretted not getting more, I dont want to do that again!
001_unsure.gif

Anybody getting all 10?

I don't think I can justify getting all 10 because I have similar colors to a few of them, already. I *might* be team 4 or 5. Grand Galaxy, Lunar and Modern Pewter are calling my name, and I already pre-ordered Blue Orbit and Warm Thunder. In a pinch, Lunar and Grand Galaxy I'm just not sure...sometimes dark blue and purple smokey eyes are too much on my casper white skin lol.

duckrodeo

Bloomin' Beauty has comparisons to Superb here:
http://bloominbeautyblog.com/2012/03/29/mac-in-extra-dimension-skinfinishes/

I'm a little apprehensive about Superb now. I own Laura Mercier's Rose Rendezvous and it's extremely similar to Superb by her swatches. Hmmmmmmm.

singer82

I totally hear ya on Lunar and Grand Galaxy. I too am very pale so shimmery dark colors have the possibility of looking muddy on me. But I absolutuely love the colors! Hopefully them combined with some mattes will help blend them out to not look muddy. The only ones I'm for sure about are Blue Orbit and Modern Pewter. Warm Thunder is an awesome choice! If I didnt have the EL silver I would so be getting that!

I don't think I can justify getting all 10 because I have similar colors to a few of them, already. I *might* be team 4 or 5. Grand Galaxy, Lunar and Modern Pewter are calling my name, and I already pre-ordered Blue Orbit and Warm Thunder. In a pinch, Lunar and Grand Galaxy I'm just not sure...sometimes dark blue and purple smokey eyes are too much on my casper white skin lol.

LivestrongH2

I actually swapped my Rose Rendezvous because I thought it was chalky/powdery. :-/ I know so many people love it. I'm hoping superb is more up my alley!

Bloomin' Beauty has comparisons to Superb here:
http://bloominbeautyblog.com/2012/03/29/mac-in-extra-dimension-skinfinishes/

I'm a little apprehensive about Superb now. I own Laura Mercier's Rose Rendezvous and it's extremely similar to Superb by her swatches. Hmmmmmmm.

MACina

I am Team 9....I just can not resist!Pretty colors + lovely texture =
heart.gif

I do only skip Havana because this color does not suit me.

001_unsure.gif

Anybody getting all 10?

Anitacska

I was going to initially... but now I'm down to 6 or 7. Of course this can change when I see the collection in person, but for now I'm skipping Havana, Warm Thunder, Dark Dare and possibly Young Venus. Getting all 3 highlighters though.

001_unsure.gif

Anybody getting all 10?

Colorqueen

It will take me a while to be able to get a photo taken- I am not looking good enough for photos
lately. But as soon as I am back to normal, I will take a photo for you. :)

Now I want to see a picture of this look... sounds amazing!!!! I've pre ordered Glorify and WoG so I could try something similar! ^^

Colorqueen

The best way to put it is, if you can wear MAC pigments in the older finish such as All Girl, Pink Opal, Vanilla, etc, you can wear these. The finish is very similar, except
the ED shadows are a little bit creamier feeling on the skin and blend a little better than pigments do. Pigments take a little more effort to work with than these do.

The SF behave just like MSF do except they are shinier but if used lightly the effect is very similar- just not quite as subtle with the glow- but definitely not
over the top robotic. The only time I can see robotic is if you apply to a damp face or with a damp brush that is not duo fibre.

The only other time I was like this was with the creme blend blushes because they all look so alike, so what did I do! Buy all 6 now I regret it because I can't stand them! (hope that doesn't confuse you more hun!

sss215

Does Grand Galaxy looks anything like Winterized from holiday? I was thinking GG was more purple, but both have the same plum /brown thing going on.

Colorqueen

Not to frustrate you even more, but I would refer to Whisper of Gilt as a cooler gold which would work for both skin tones if used as a highlighter. My skintone is
NW25 and it looks good on my skin if applied very lightly with the duo fibre brushes, although it also looks good on my warmer tanned areas.
I think that Superb will be the EDSF I get, since I can't justify getting three. I wanted WOG but now I think it might be too warm for me. I do think my skin is more of a neutral than just a cool, but I do have red undertones. I want at least three eyeshadows but with all the collections coming out, I don't know if I can justify $200 in one go.

nikkimichelle

im torn between superb and whisper of gilt msf's....leaning more toward superb..im not in any hurry to grab lightscapade msf from so reel since it will be perm...but am i the only one who is slightly aggrivated that out of alllll the gorgeous past msf's from mac..they are picking lightscapade to become perm..blahh