MAC Extra Dimension discussion

BadLeslie

Blah...skip. I'm sick of MAC putting out the same colors in every new formula they release...there is always a pewter, several browns, dark greyish blues and purples and a light almost white pink. Give me some bright, pretty, unique colors if you are gonna make all these great new formulas. I'd love some corals, bright teals, bright purples, bubblegum pink with a blue duochrome...something. D=
I second that. This formula is obviously really exciting and lovely, but I can dupe every color in this collection with something I already own. It sucks because I'd like to try the formula, but I just feel like its a waste of money.

singer82

Warm Thunder looks realy close to the silver cyber eyes which I already have so that saves me a shadow.

Does anyone know if its close to top of the posh from peacocky? Actually it kinda looks more like Prance from peacocky in Alluras swatches, thoughts?

duckrodeo

Warm Thunder looks realy close to the silver cyber eyes which I already have so that saves me a shadow.

Does anyone know if its close to top of the posh from peacocky? Actually it kinda looks more like Prance from peacocky in Alluras swatches, thoughts?

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-peacocky-mega-metal-eyeshadow-dupes-comparisons-part-2

It looks like Top of the Posh has a golden sheen, and Young Venus looks closer to shade Ego that was swatched alongside TotP.

To me, Young Venus looked like a less pink version of Urban Decay's SWF: http://www.temptalia.com/urban-decay-feminine-palette-review-photos-swatches.

duckrodeo

This is so helpful! Thank you!

Now I'm reminded of why Golden Olive has been on my list forevverrr. Must. Get. It.

Now Modern Pewter is looking mightly tempting, too!

I was just thinking about some of my pigments and wanted to swatch them with Modern Pewter.

No real dupes, but I DO need to use a few of these more!

Left to right: Golden olive, MODERN PEWTER, Old Gold, Vintage Gold

rubytitania

I've decided on Modern Pewter, Grand Galaxy and Rich Core out of the eyeshadows. Havana looks nice too, but I have so many neutrals and browns that I'm not sure I need it.

I want to get one of the highlighters but I can't decide between Superb and Whisper Of Gilt. Superb looks like it would suit my cool-toned skin better, but I'm worried it may be a little dark as a highlighter. Whisper Of Gilt looks light enough for my colouring but it looks more yellow-toned than I'd like. I think I'm leaning towards Superb...

Yazmin

Glad you mentioned that about Warm Thunder. I had actually called my MUA today to have her add it back in. Just went on Temptalia to compare her swatches - she even mentions that the two shadows are comparable.

Since I already have EL's Cyber Silver, there's no need for me to get WT.

rockin

If I have Estee Lauder Cyber Silver, do I need Warm Thunder?? Has anyone actually swatched them side by side and compared them?

Pinkdollface

I shouldn't have looked at the swatches. I was going to skip this collection, but now i really like Modern Pewter, Rich Core, Grand Galaxy, Blue Orbit, Superb and Glorify.

Knope2012

I was going to skip this entire collection, but I looked at swatches and now I can't. I'm definitely getting Superb and I love Modern Pewter, Galaxy, and Lunar. It's going to be tough to spend $20 on an eyeshadow, so I'll have to cut down my list for the other collections being released that day.

Piarpreet

thank you :) hes too cute....he's exactly my height lol so adorable is just the right word!
Piarpreet-You and bf are just adorable!

Any dupe for Rich Core?

as for rich core i did not see it in person but ive seen cranberry and similar shadows and NOTHING like it. same with the mineralized ones i got. I dont think it's a dupable color and texture. even spectacle of yourself is very different.

martiangurll

Blah...skip. I'm sick of MAC putting out the same colors in every new formula they release...there is always a pewter, several browns, dark greyish blues and purples and a light almost white pink. Give me some bright, pretty, unique colors if you are gonna make all these great new formulas. I'd love some corals, bright teals, bright purples, bubblegum pink with a blue duochrome...something. D=

I think you will be happy with a collection coming soon, I am sorry I can't remember which one it is, but Paparazzi boy said it was like Dare to Wear on acid. I am pretty excited for it myself. I agree with the similar themes getting a bit boring but this is a new formula so I can see why folks will want to have those utilitarian colors. I would seriously buy them all if I could afford them, because this finish is going to be better than VP or Starflash I think. It is sort of like having to buy vinyl to replace your 8 tracks, then audio cassettes to replace your vinyl, then CD to replace your cassettes, then MP3 or Ipod downloads it never ends. (and I hope I didn't date myself too badly there!)

Mac-Guy

I think you will be happy with a collection coming soon, I am sorry I can't remember which one it is, but Paparazzi boy said it was like Dare to Wear on acid. I am pretty excited for it myself. I agree with the similar themes getting a bit boring but this is a new formula so I can see why folks will want to have those utilitarian colors. I would seriously buy them all if I could afford them, because this finish is going to be better than VP or Starflash I think. It is sort of like having to buy vinyl to replace your 8 tracks, then audio cassettes to replace your vinyl, then CD to replace your cassettes, then MP3 or Ipod downloads it never ends. (and I hope I didn't date myself too badly there!)

It's the BD collection.

Haha, well, the cloud is next. I still haven't transferred all my downloads to the cloud as I'm dreading to pay for it.

Mac-Guy

I haven't tried it, but I imagine that the 193 would work well, especially due to its size, shape, and synthetic bristles.

MACina

Thank you for your answers!

I have never considered using my fingers....but maybe I should.

And I own the 193 and will try it!

I thought that Young Venus might look a little like Guerlains Cruel Gardenia when applied on the cheeks.
But I think the YV is more cool-toned and pinker.

I haven't tried it, but I imagine that the 193 would work well, especially due to its size, shape, and synthetic bristles.

Anitacska

Having read T's reviee I think I'll only get 6 e/s now and skip Warm Thunder as well because she says it's just like the silver EL e/s and I have all of those. I would've loved some greens, bright yellow, bright pink, etc instead. Oh well.

Latest posts