MAC Extra Dimension discussion

Shellcat

Hahaha!!! I have so many eyeshadows...I have enough for two lifetimes!

No problem!
wavey.gif

Shellcat

I don't have that one... Can you post a pic?

Just rifled through my stash and discovered that Stila's La Douce looks kind of similar to MP. I do think La Douce is a bit greener and slightly darker, but considering I don't pull it out very often, I might pass on MP.

OhSoJaded

I've been so caught up with researching the Reel Sexy & Tres Cheek collections that I had every intention of skipping this collecton...but then I made the mistake of looking at all the swatches. I want EVERYTHING now!!!
mac_atemywallet.gif

So far, I know I'm going to buy (or least try to buy) Superb and/or Whisper of Gilt EDSF. As for the eyeshadows, I'm going to have to sit here and obsess over swatches until I figure out which ones will compliment my brown eyes the best...or see which ones are the prettiest!

LivestrongH2

Shellcat- Since the consistency of the eyeshadows are softer than a regular MAC eyeshadow, do you think one could go thru it quickly? I am just debating a back-up of Modern Pewter. Do you think they will last a long time?

BadLeslie

I don't have that one... Can you post a pic?

Quote: Originally Posted by BadLeslie

Just rifled through my stash and discovered that Stila's La Douce looks kind of similar to MP. I do think La Douce is a bit greener and slightly darker, but considering I don't pull it out very often, I might pass on MP.
48c0e52a-1148-358c.jpg
Dalliance on the left, Stila's La Douce on the right. MP and La Douce looked very close when just swatched on my arm, but it's clear in the photos that they're different. MP looks richer, darker and more complex with that green flash.

Shellcat

I don't know if I am going to BU any e/s. I *may* BU Rich Core, but that's it.

As far as the highlighters, I *may* BU Superb, I haven't made up my mind yet.

I don't think I will go through these fast, but I dunno? If you love MP though, you may want to.
thmbup.gif

Shellcat- Since the consistency of the eyeshadows are softer than a regular MAC eyeshadow, do you think one could go thru it quickly? I am just debating a back-up of Modern Pewter. Do you think they will last a long time?

Shellcat

OOoooooooh! I like that Stila e/s! *puts it on the list*

Thank you!!!!

Dalliance on the left, Stila's La Douce on the right. MP and La Douce looked very close when just swatched on my arm, but it's clear in the photos that they're different. MP looks richer, darker and more complex with that green flash.

Shellcat

I was just thinking about some of my pigments and wanted to swatch them with Modern Pewter.

No real dupes, but I DO need to use a few of these more!

Left to right: Golden olive, MODERN PEWTER, Old Gold, Vintage Gold

BadLeslie

OOoooooooh! I like that Stila e/s! *puts it on the list*

Thank you!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by BadLeslie

48c0e52a-1148-358c.jpg

No problem!

iheartmakeup412

Right.  It is on me.  I am NC30 right now.  Dalliance is alot lighter and with a slight golden sheen on me.  MP is an earthy green, looks great with Havana!

***edit*** MP is more in the group of Mink & Sable, Henna, or Fiction. 

Thank you for the comparisons. Well I guess I will only be getting the brushes from this collection. I have both mink & sable and henna and modern pewter was the only shadow I was interested in.

Shellcat

No problem! MP has a MUCH better finish than those other e/s though. For real.

Thank you for the comparisons. Well I guess I will only be getting the brushes from this collection. I have both mink & sable and henna and modern pewter was the only shadow I was interested in.

Shellcat

A few of my golden greens:

Left to right--- Henna, Sumptuous Olive, Fiction, MODERN PEWTER, Mink & Sable

So not perfect dupes....
thmbup.gif
If MP is the only e/s you are interested in, get it girlie.

Colorqueen

Shellcat- thank you SO SO much!!!! HUGE help. I can only get a couple of shadows, but I know now which ones I need.

MACcrazy

Thanks for all your help shellcat!!! The swatches have made me crazier about this collection even more!

Rinstar

ShellCat, you are being a bad influence on me. All I wanted was Blue Orbit, but you have me wanting Grand Galaxy and Modern Pewter now! What are you in MAC foundations? Somewhere in the NC range? I'm hoping MP will look like that on me too, i'm NC20

Latest posts