MAC Extra Dimension discussion

Shellcat

Yes, very different to me. Gold Deposit is the closest match for Glorify. I swatched those two side by side earlier in this thread. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much Shellcat! The finish is totally different...I might need to get Glorify after all.

BadLeslie

Yes, very different to me. Gold Deposit is the closest match for Glorify. I swatched those two side by side earlier in this thread. Hope this helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by BadLeslie

Thanks so much Shellcat! The finish is totally different...I might need to get Glorify after all.
Your swatches have been super helpful! I've been trying to compare random swatches from here and there (the lighting in my house is terrible), but nothing is better than seeing two colors side by side in the same lighting. I'm shocked at how different Dalliance and Modern Pewter are. I originally thought they were very close, but they're two totally different hues. MP looks almost green.

Shellcat

You are very welcome!
winks.gif

Shellcat

Right. It is on me. I am NC30 right now. Dalliance is alot lighter and with a slight golden sheen on me. MP is an earthy green, looks great with Havana!

***edit*** MP is more in the group of Mink & Sable, Henna, or Fiction.

I'm shocked at how different Dalliance and Modern Pewter are. I originally thought they were very close, but they're two totally different hues. MP looks almost green.

Icecaramellatte

So no Rich Core dupe huh? Crap!
I couldn't do side by side comparisons of course. This color was nice but it wasn't all that unusual. Stila's Barefoot Contessa came to mind as well as one of the pigments - deep purple or rich purple?? I can never remember the name. I would have bought it if they had it though. I was afraid I'd regret it if I didn't get it.

I did manage to pick up the 2 brushes. I can't wait to use these!

Mac-Guy

Yellow undertones will bring out the green. It is far less green-ish on NW complexions. Yeah, the power of make up on different skin tones :)

Baby1black

Shellcat sorry for asking but could u plz swatch spectacle of yourself with rich core. We are overloading u with comparisions.

Shellcat

I think with your green eyes Rich Core and Grand Galaxy are a must have. The other one, maybe Sweet Heat?

I really need to think about what shades i can buy or not... if i can only buy 3 which ones u guys recommend for green eyes and fair skin? lol

I kinda want them all... :(

Shellcat

Nope. Not a dupe.

Top is Spectacle of Yourself... Bottom is Rich Core

Spectacle of Yourself might be a dupe for Glorify. LOL!!

Shellcat sorry for asking but could u plz swatch spectacle of yourself with rich core. We are overloading u with comparisions.

BadLeslie

Just rifled through my stash and discovered that Stila's La Douce looks kind of similar to MP. I do think La Douce is a bit greener and slightly darker, but considering I don't pull it out very often, I might pass on MP.

Latest posts