MAC Extra Dimension discussion

MACina

Thank you so,so much Ernie!!!

Now I am sure that YV will look pretty on the cheeks!
And YV looks definitely like a more cool-toned Version of CG.

Colorqueen

If you have Victoria's Secret near you, they have an icy pink version of the skinfinishes (they look very much like the EDSF) and I have it and it is gorgeous. You would probably have better results with that one. It is called Hot Glow and I yhave a photo of it in this thread somewhere some pages back.

I wonder if Young Venus (lightly applied) could work as a cheek highlight on pale,cool-toned skin.

Colorqueen

What is BD?

And if it is like Dare to Wear on acid, I am not sure I could comprehend it- Dare to Wear glosses are my all time favorite off the charts amazing ....well, you know.

It's the BD collection.

Haha, well, the cloud is next. I still haven't transferred all my downloads to the cloud as I'm dreading to pay for it.

Colorqueen

They have good makeup now and then, but not that often. Their quality of clothing has gone way down over the years too, you are not missing much.
;)

Mac-Guy

Beth Ditto. There is a separate thread for it if you want to check it out (no color story yet).
hatsoff.gif

singer82

What is it about this collection! I just cant seem to decide on what I want. I wish I could get all of the shadows but I cant :( I bought quite a few from Peacocky but regretted not getting more, I dont want to do that again!
001_unsure.gif

Anybody getting all 10?

NINgirl

What is it about this collection! I just cant seem to decide on what I want. I wish I could get all of the shadows but I cant :( I bought quite a few from Peacocky but regretted not getting more, I dont want to do that again!
001_unsure.gif

Anybody getting all 10?

I definitely will be getting all 10, 3 WOG, 3 Superb and 1 Glorify. BUT I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to collections I like. :) Peacocky and Semi- Precious I purchased every product and got a couple of back- ups of some of them as well.

martiangurll

001_unsure.gif

Anybody getting all 10?

I am not committed to that yet (although hubby would say I am certainly commitable being a crazy make up hoarder) but it could happen. I ended up getting every shadow except for one from Peacocky between driving around town to 3 different MAC stores/counters and 3 different internet orders. It was sick.

Team 10???

rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif

rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif

Colorqueen

Here is my take on the collection so far:

First of all I use MSF for everything all of the time- esp on older clients. If used very subtley they bring aging skin alive if it is well moisturized and cared for. I also use it for myself and use it on my entire face and have for years, including Metal Rock which I use for contour. I love MSF in that they make the face come alive but you can do an entirely natural look with minimal effort.

My approach to these is - are they going to serve my purpose well without being too dated or trendy.

The skinfinishes are just like regular skinfinishes except instead of the particles all laying in different directions which is what gives it depth and interest, the particles all lay flat which makes the EDSF look more reflective. Even though the base colors are a like, they look diff due to texture.

Glorify is just like Gold Deposit colorwise, but texture diff makes it look diff on the skin- applies more smoothly too

Superb is a tiny bit icier than Northern Lights or Glissade MSF- again texture difference.

Whisper of Gilt is just like Semi Precious Pearl- texture diff.

These do apply just like MSF- I used 187, 286,131 (filber duo fibre- numbers wore off), and Sonia Kashuk contour brush- which is like the Nars smudge brush but larger for face.

I did my entire face using G as contour, S on cheeks over blush, and WoG as highlight in cheek area, center of nose and forehead.

I also did my eyes- WoG highlight and inner corners, S on lid, and G in crease. Did a pink reflects shimmer gloss (Lorac called Polished Poli) and mixed in Glorify with it.

This looks FANTASTIC. I was very subtle and blended well. FANTASTIC summer look if the skin is not too sweaty at application time. It is a bit more of a glowy *glossy* type look instead of the subtle sheen of MSF, but it has a def place esp in summer

As for the shadows- the texture is very similar to All-Girl pigment if you have that. These are very much like pressed pigments with that kind of finish like All Girl and Pink Opal etc. The diff is that they blend better and are smoother than pigments.

Anyway, that is my first impression of the ED collection. If you have Peacocky shadows you really don't use much- don't get dupes in this collection- they are just too close. If you have colors you want from peacocky in a bit more of a shimmery fashion, then these are worth trying out. They blend well and I have not tried them on the eyes for time test yet.

Thanks to everyone for the swatches though- it helped a LOT

xasperadastra

Here is my take on the collection so far:

First of all I use MSF for everything all of the time- esp on older clients. If used very subtley they bring aging skin alive if it is well moisturized and cared for. I also use it for myself and use it on my entire face and have for years, including Metal Rock which I use for contour. I love MSF in that they make the face come alive but you can do an entirely natural look with minimal effort.

My approach to these is - are they going to serve my purpose well without being too dated or trendy.

The skinfinishes are just like regular skinfinishes except instead of the particles all laying in different directions which is what gives it depth and interest, the particles all lay flat which makes the EDSF look more reflective. Even though the base colors are a like, they look diff due to texture.

Glorify is just like Gold Deposit colorwise, but texture diff makes it look diff on the skin- applies more smoothly too

Superb is a tiny bit icier than Northern Lights MSF- again texture difference.

Whisper of Gilt is just like Semi Precious Pearl- texture diff.

These do apply just like MSF- I used 187, 286,131 (filber duo fibre- numbers wore off), and Sonia Kashuk contour brush- which is like the Nars smudge brush but larger for face.

I did my entire face using G as contour, S on cheeks over blush, and WoG as highlight in cheek area, center of nose and forehead.

I also did my eyes- WoG highlight and inner corners, S on lid, and G in crease. Did a pink reflects shimmer gloss (Lorac called Polished Poli) and mixed in Glorify with it.

This looks FANTASTIC. I was very subtle and blended well. FANTASTIC summer look if the skin is not too sweaty at application time. It is a bit more of a glowy *glossy* type look instead of the subtle sheen of MSF, but it has a def place esp in summer

As for the shadows- the texture is very similar to All-Girl pigment if you have that. These are very much like pressed pigments with that kind of finish like All Girl and Pink Opal etc. The diff is that they blend better and are smoother than pigments.

Anyway, that is my first impression of the ED collection. If you have Peacocky shadows you really don't use much- don't get dupes in this collection- they are just too close. If you have colors you want from peacocky in a bit more of a shimmery fashion, then these are worth trying out. They blend well and I have not tried them on the eyes for time test yet.

Thanks to everyone for the swatches though- it helped a LOT

Now I want to see a picture of this look... sounds amazing!!!! I've pre ordered Glorify and WoG so I could try something similar! ^^

Mac-Guy

I am not committed to that yet (although hubby would say I am certainly commitable being a crazy make up hoarder) but it could happen. I ended up getting every shadow except for one from Peacocky between driving around town to 3 different MAC stores/counters and 3 different internet orders. It was sick.

Team 10???

rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif

rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif

It might be less stressful if you just get all 10 in one go. Beside, multiple orders are always more expensive as you are likely to get other things along the way, lol.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thinking about how bummed I felt for missing Modern Mercury, I feel like I really need to get Superb. Shadow-wise, Modern Pewter basically has my name written all over it, plus Warm Thunder and Blue Orbit. The latter does look a little sheer, but it's also really unlike anything I have in my collection.

Latest posts