MAC Fashion Sets 2013 Collection (April 2013)

jsparkle

If you missed Heroine lipstick, Violetta is very very very close to the same color. The primary difference is in finish. The latest Heroine is Matte, whereas Violetta is Amplified Creme and seems to have a little iridescence. Matte Lip Mix is on the MAC website under PRO Products - a little over Violetta and you'll almost have Heroine. It won't be exactly the same, but really close. And no one will have to pay $60 for a tube of Heroine on Evilbay...
Thanks!!! I will give this a shot!! eBay is outta control & I refuse to pay that!! :x

jsparkle

I wonder if you get Fashion Boost pencil and use it all over it may be very close. I have a sneaky feeling it WILL be promoted again just like CYY.
Hmmmm thanks for the idea!!! I just received fashion boost yesterday!! Will definitely give it a try!! I get that feeling too!! But I thought it may just be wishful thinking!! Lol there's other pretty purple, but heroine is just completely different I think! Not as pinks as the others

jsparkle

Sadly there aren't that many great dupes. That's why it's so popular. I own both and violetta seems a little more sheer, pinker, and has shimmer. I think your best bet would be melt cosmetics by starlight, which is sold out at the moment but will be restocked eventually. It is bluer than heroine though. Otherwise I'd say eBay or stalk the clearance bin. Also if you could track down maybellines violet intrigue from the fall collection, it also a good dupe but not matte.
Thank you!!! :)

Dellbie

Hey everyone... So I was obsessed with Embrace Me that I completely ignored heroine and now I'm kicking myself & obsessing over it!! Anyone know if it will be re released? Or if violett a really is a good dupe for it? (I know that ones not matte) or any other options?? Help!!!
Found a cheap heroine in this sale while browsing the clearance bin. You should grab it! (not my sale) http://www.specktra.net/t/184336/destashing-sale-mac-le-htf-occ-lip-tars-guerlain-sugarpill-new-items-daily

MRV

I wonder if you get Fashion Boost pencil and use it all over it may be very close. I have a sneaky feeling it WILL be promoted again just like CYY.
I got the pencil last week, and it's considerably pinker (and lighter) than Heroine.

cocodivatime

I got the pencil last week, and it's considerably pinker (and lighter) than Heroine.
Really. I swatched Fashion Boost in store today and thought they were identical. but of course I didn't swatch Heroine next to it. Do you have pics?

NATlar

I swatched my Heroine and Fashion Boost next to each other today and they looked exactly the same on my skintone (nc15) I'm back there tomorrow so i'll swatch it next to my heroine again and take a picture.

Vandekamp

I MISSED THE APRIL 2013 ROLLOUT OF MAC'S HEROINE LIPSTICK AND LINER- WILL IT RETURN AGAIN??? Another question: Will they make it a permanent color so we can do away with people trying to sell it for $100 online!!!!!!

Prettypackages

uh oh, i need to use mines faster, i didn't notice. i also not really buying too much mac lip glosses no more, because of nyx.
Really, I'll have to check out Nyx glosses. I never buy them at Ulta b/c I can never tell if they've been messed with. I'm not going to buy anymore glosses until I finish off what I have... unless it is a very unique color... but we know how that goes! LOL

Vandekamp

Funny I thought exactly the same thing. I bought 3 of the Fashion Boost lip liners because I missed Heroine.

Vandekamp

Do you think the folks selling Heroine online are legit. Some of it sells for $100. After seeing that some folks are trying to sell fake Mac products online, I just don't know anymore.

LC Balthazar

Do you think the folks selling Heroine online are legit. Some of it sells for $100. After seeing that some folks are trying to sell fake Mac products online, I just don't know anymore.
I don't know if they are, but I believe there is a thread here on fake mac products. I've also seen some YouTube videos on how to spot fakes. Give those a try. HTH!

Vandekamp

I have seen some of those videos which is why I don't trust people who sell Mac products on eBay. I just hope MAC brings it back. Lol