MAC Fashion Sets 2013 Collection (April 2013)

TommyCJC

Any one weigh in on how close Embrace Me is to Quick Sizzle??
Quick Sizzle is a little deeper!! Seems more of a grown up shade in comparison! Another fave of mine!!
I'd say Embrace Me is probably the bluest pink aside from Quite Cute's Candy Yum Yum, which is about as blue but brighter! The newer CYY formulation since By Request is really similar to Embrace Me, I'd say just a tad warmer but about as bright!? (Unless the new perm CYY now has batches that match the Quite Cute, anyone know about that?)
I hope that helped!! Haha =) Xx

martiangurll

Awww yayyy! =D It's sooo pretty!!

Quick Sizzle is a little deeper!! Seems more of a grown up shade in comparison! Another fave of mine!!
I'd say Embrace Me is probably the bluest pink aside from Quite Cute's Candy Yum Yum, which is about as blue but brighter! The newer CYY formulation since By Request is really similar to Embrace Me, I'd say just a tad warmer but about as bright!? (Unless the new perm CYY now has batches that match the Quite Cute, anyone know about that?)
I hope that helped!! Haha =) Xx
So if I have CYY and QS, my life won't feel incomplete if I fail to track down EM? Thanks!

MissTT

Maybe Embrace Me is too blue for me? CYY was too young for me. Should I be tracking down Quick Sizzle for a more grown up pink? Maybe that's the problem, Tommy.

TommyCJC

Maybe Embrace Me is too blue for me? CYY was too young for me. Should I be tracking down Quick Sizzle for a more grown up pink? Maybe that's the problem, Tommy.
Well EM and CYY are both very blue!! Quick Sizzle has this almost berry quality to it, which I think it something that makes it stand out from other hot pinks! I would definitely try and track it down if you still can, darling!!
Although again, I wouldn't give up just yet! Have you tried using a deeper lip pencil underneath it?! I think that could make you love it!! =) Xx

MissTT

I don't think I tried a deeper liner. Will do. And perhaps try to find Quick Sizzle. thanks for adding to my list.
cutey.gif

MissTT

I'm too lazy to search. Lemme know if you run across it. LOL. Sounds like I need a grown-folks pink.

MRV

I have only Ablaze and Heroine(s) from this collection. I have not been feeling corals in a long time but I was wearing Heroine last Saturday. Straight from the tube, patted though, it was quite intense for my current taste. (Have to try it with a brush.) But it made a lovely stain.

Beautybuyer

I must be crazy because I've only worn my heroin once and sold my backup same for ablaze. Well actually I've worn ablaze twice lol I love purple lipstick but I have moved to a more mellow town and definitely get stared at.

Vandekamp

All this talk about Heroine is making me jealous. Unfortunately, I was not able to buy it because it was sold out. I envy all of you. Lol

Audrey C

I wore Heroine yesterday, all day . I have to wear P&P with it because of the formula. I was iffy on Ablaze when I first got it and should have trusted my instincts. If I can't make it into something wearable with liner and gloss, I'm going to BTM it.

trina11225

Quote:Originally Posted by TwistedFaith

I was never able to get Ablaze to work for me. I gave it to my mom.

This mua, said she used hers with redd liner.

Vandekamp

Heroine....Heroine.....Heroine. Stop it. I can't take it. It is the only Mac color that I wanted and was not able to get. I am not eligible for the CB yet so if anyone has a BNIB of Heroine pls PM me. Maybe I can assist you with something from the RiRi Fall Collection. I refuse to pay $100 for a $15 lipstick. That is the one thing that gets under my skin. I could not take advantage of people like that. I told you I was crazy.

pinkpaint

I was never able to get Ablaze to work for me. I gave it to my mom.
This mua, said she used hers with redd liner.
I was never able to get it to work, either. I think it's the only lipstick I have that I've never worn out the house. It makes me look like a clown. It's just too neon and matte and not good. It's weird because Party Parrot works, and it's just a little bit pinker. I'll give it to my bestie and call it a day.