MAC Fashion Sets discussion

Yazmin

Picked up Rebel and GAT lipglasses, and Chestnut lipstick. Since most of the lippies in this collection are perm, I can take my time and swatch them first before I buy.

LeeleeBell

Picked up Rebel and GAT lipglasses, and Chestnut lipstick. Since most of the lippies in this collection are perm, I can take my time and swatch them first before I buy.
Is Rebel l/g exactly the same as the l/s? It's my #1 lemming atm..

duckrodeo

To avoid skipper's remorse later on, I ordered all three of the LE lipsticks. Two each of Razzledazzler and Spice and one Chestnut. Something's very intriguing about Chestnut, but perhaps I'm having my own skipper's remorse for being young and missing out on most of the makeup in the 90's lol.

I hemmed and hawed over the lipglasses, but of the ones I was interested in, I own Pink Poodle, Fresh Air, Pink Lemonade and Tour de Fabulous, so I'm fairly confident in skipping the lipglasses since I have BUs of FA and TdF.

Edit: ohh I also added Russian Red lipstick to my cart. I have been meaning to get this shade for a while, so I thought ehhhh why not? lol.

GlamQueen21

Pink Nouveau is definitely one of my favs from this collection. Matches the lipstick perfectly! Girl About Town is lovely also. I could've passed on Saint Germain. It looks super pale on me :(
I'm thinking of skipping Saint Germain l/g but somehow I must have it to make it work with my skintone lol

rockin

Vampy Varnish has her review and swatches up

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2012/04/mac-fashion-sets-collection-swatches-photos-review/

MRV

I'm confused. All the 'continents' online in the US, but only NA at shops. Does this mean we get only Europe&Africa sets here in Europe? Any chance all of them will come online (UK) though?

I just BtoM-ed Pink Nouveau this week. Now I'm wondering what I should get. I may lean to Ravishing and RazzleDazzle if they come available in Europe, if not, Morange only. Too tired to order from US I think, especially with H,S and RS coming out in May!

rockin

Angel nail lacquer is so pretty!

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-angel-lipglass-lipstick-nail-lacquer-review-photos-swatches

Temptalia is reviewing each set together in turn

MRV

Can you order from MAC US too? Could you tell me how to?

I wish, but I'm afraid it's not possible.

One thing I have been wondering myself: someone from Romania told that she has ordered from House of Fraser. How is that possible? They don't send from their online to EU.

MACerette

I wish, but I'm afraid it's not possible.
One thing I have been wondering myself: someone from Romania told that she has ordered from House of Fraser. How is that possible? They don't send from their online to EU.
Sometimes buying online is not possible, but phone ordering is... That might be the case?

MACerette

Hmmm I am really curious for the rest of the swatches... Angel and chestnut are up now. I think she is uploading at the moment. Hoping to see the European collection's swatches soon...

chinablaq

New to Specktra... Attempting to upload swatches from my blog. Will edit with names once it goes through.​
GAT, Impassioned, Saint Germain, Please Me, Russian Red,​
Morange, Razzledazzler, Peachstock, Rebel​
Razzledazzler, GAT, Impassioned, Saint Germain, Spice​
Please Me, Russian Red, Morange, Peachstock, Rebel​
Pink Nouveau l/s and Pink Nouveau l/g​
Im an Mac NC50 for reference​

chinablaq

I'm thinking of skipping Saint Germain l/g but somehow I must have it to make it work with my skintone lol
I'm sure you can make it work. When I find glosses too light/pale, I just use them with darker shades of lipstick. So it's definitely doable
smiles.gif

Anitacska

Angel lipstick is pretty, I might put it on my B2M list. I swatched Russian Red l/s and l/g at the counter today, I like the l/g, but not the l/s. They actually don't seem to be the same colour at all.
huh2.gif