MAC Fix Plus Spray ?

hwangsara

I love the fix + also. It's my favorite product to use after putting on my makeup. I think if you have any questions about this product, you need to watch enkoremakeup's videos on the differences of sprays. He really taught me a lot about makeup. As for making eyeshadows more vibrant, I think you can use anything to make it more vibrant. I love fix + as my setting spray. I was not crazy about the price of urban's decay's setting spray and for some reason, my shirt always gets wet while my face is more wet with fix+. It's not exactly wet butalmost like moist. It just feels like it's on my face than the urban decay's for some reason.

Hilde

I recently tried this at the counter and it smelled really good, which is a selling point for me. But is it really worth it?

heidik

I realize this thread is old but i have to add my .02 :)

I love my fix plus spray.. I apply my foundation and powder, spray my face with the fix plus... let it totally dry then do the remainder of my face, then i spray with UD all nighter... I love the way the fix plus makes my face look dewey and not cakey!

adruci

I live in a really dry climate so I use it as a light moisturizer during the day over my makeup. I doesn't move or shift any makeup but makes my skin look and feel hydrated! LOVE IT!

chewyliz

I only tried this for the 1st time last week. Used a couple of sprays to dampen my foundation brush before using Revlon Colourstay - WOW!. Sheer coverage that can be built if required, no streaks, longer drying time and the scent helped mask the awful paint smell of the colourstay a little too. Have also used with pigment - spritzed a flat shader brush, picked up some pigment and mushed it around on the back of my hand before applying. It brought out the most beautiful soft sparkle in MAC Naked pigment I hadn't seen before

MissAlexisDDD

I use it mostly in fall/winter when the weather is alot drier. But I LOOOOVE after I straighten my hair and it is still fuzzy and ultra dry feeling and spraying this stuff on my hair. Makes it so soft. :) I think I use it more in my hair than for my skin!

LILYisatig3r

I absolutely lovelovelove my Fix+. It sets my makeup after I'm done and makes it look less cakey. Plus in the summer it helps me feel really refreshed :) I use it everyday! I used to use it as a mixing medium for my pigments but I haven't been using my pigments much lately so. I'd definitely recommend trying out one bottle at least to see if you like it yourself. I bought mine sometime last fall and I'm not even to half way gone yet.

oyster480

The description says its sets makeup, however, I have not personally noticed any difference in wear or the appearance of my makeup when using this. It just sits in my drawer. :( :(
I think I saw a tutorial where the artist spritzed it on her skin first, before her foundation, like a primer. Maybe I'll try that angle.

MissTsa23

heart.gif
FIX+. I use it everyday. It's so refreshing. Day's when I'm going naked faced, I have to have at least a little spray of Fix+ to wake me up. It also slightly moisturizes. (I wouldn't recommend in lieu of a real moisturizer though). And when it comes to a full face MU, I use it before I put anything on and again when I'm done. It does set the makeup! Once the Fix+ has completely dried on my face, my makeup feels really light. :)

Busttamuv3

Its definitely not an everyday product. I prefer to use UD Deslick Spray setting spray as it keeps me matte for hours and sets my makeup =)

I used to think this product was not worth it, so I never went to pick one up. But, just a few weeks ago, the MUA at the MAC counter convinced me to give it a try.

I don't think this product is a must have in your collection, but it is a nice to own. I would totally recommend MAC Fix+ to those who use powder foundation. Even though MAC mineralized skin finish natural is a sheer coverage powder (or more like a setting powder), I feel like after applying the powder with my kabuki brush and then spraying some MAC Fix+ makes the powder-y look go away. Since I have dry/combo skin during the summer, it's really nice to see the dewy finish it gives and it does last for the whole day.

I can only think of two cons of this product. One, it's really pricey and I don't know if I can justify buying another bottle once I run out. Two, it makes your face feel a little bit sticky. Every time I touch my face, it's not smooth, which is disappointing. Does anyone else have this happen to them? or is it just me?

ryansgrousie

OMG I absolutely LOVE Fix+! I got hooked on it a couple years ago. I haven't found it to be extraordinary to set makeup overall, but I love using it with my eyeshadows and pigments! My sister and one of my best friends started using mine and now they're obsessed too.
clapping.gif

deidre

I use it daily - a few spritzes on my face before I put my foundation on to thin it out (I like super sheer coverage), but I don't think it's anything that special and does pretty much the same thing as water for the way I use it.

I've tried it as a setting spray, but I think that Urban Decay or the MUFE spray works much better.