MAC Fix Plus Spray ?

erine1881

Has anyone tried using Fix + to make Carbon more pigmented? Does it work?
It does, but make sure you scrape of the shadow first and use that bit wet. You can't wet the shadow in the pan, otherwise you will ruin it and grow mold. Pressed powders cannot be used wet without contaminating them and growing mold underneath, risking eye infections and who knows what else! :sick:

EllenZ

I'm confused wether this is a skin refresher spray, or moisturising spray, or a spray to give makeup a dewy look or a spray to set makeup as i've read people using it for all these things. I want something to make my eye makeup totally unbudgeable especially when crying at a wedding etc.
I've Been using This for awhile. I don't think it helps keep your makeup stay on. The best product for that is the Urban Decay All nighter setting spray. That stuff is amazing . I like the fix plus to hydrate after I moisturize or I use it to wet my brush before I put on shimmery shadows. It helps make the color more intense and pack on more product easily.

erine1881

I've Been using This for awhile. I don't think it helps keep your makeup stay on. The best product for that is the Urban Decay All nighter setting spray. That stuff is amazing . I like the fix plus to hydrate after I moisturize or I use it to wet my brush before I put on shimmery shadows. It helps make the color more intense and pack on more product easily.
Yeah it's not intended to extend the wear of makeup, never has been. It a moisturizer, finisher, refresher, and skin calmer. I can't live without it!

kirtchik

Anyone knows how it compared to the ELF fix? Cause elf is about $3 so I'm trying to justify spending so much more on the Mac one:)

shellygrrl

Staff member
e.l.f. Mist & Set is a setting spray; Fix+, as mentioned, is NOT. I've used e.l.f.'s spray; it doesn't do :censored: for me to keep makeup in place for longer than if I just set it with a powder. If you want a setting or finishing spray, go with Urban Decay All-Nighter, or one of the ones from Skindinavia (who supposedly make UD's setting sprays anyway), or MUFE Mist and Fix. Those ones are supposed to be good.

LC Balthazar

I think mac should make a setting spray. I'm surprised they haven't. I'd rather use a mac than UD ( so I can have more bottles for B2M!)

luclaw88

Fix+ does nothing much for me in terms of making my makeup stay on longer. Maybe try model in a bottle.

probably not. Im not familiar with the ingredients in the juice beauty toner. Fix + does multiple things which give the effect of the setting action as well as hydration. the glycering is acting as a humectant and binder, so if it isnt in the right formulated amounts im sure it doesnt work the same. all about the formulas.

User38

Fix is 98% H2O.. I don't know why people bother with it. The additives are miniscule and have no effect on skin. Just use water.. lol. It's free

DILLIGAF

Fix is 98% H2O.. I don't know why people bother with it. The additives are miniscule and have no effect on skin. Just use water.. lol. It's free
I B2M my Fix+ spray because I was not using it. It was sitting there in its box looking pretty and barely touched after 2+ years. Some people swear by it. It's just not for me.

mosha010

I got fix+ And i use it everyday but I honestly will refill it with water when it's done... I use it to kinda "set " everything together when I feel stuff looks powdery..

DILLIGAF

I got fix+ And i use it everyday but I honestly will refill it with water when it's done... I use it to kinda "set " everything together when I feel stuff looks powdery..
I've always said if I plan on revisiting Fix+ I will go with the travel sized one. No need to ever buy the full size again.

User38

There are many reports of the nozzles of problems with nozzles.. they jam up. And after that it's not a mist, it's a squirt aimed at your eye makeup. I had two bottles and this happened to me.. so I use a gardner's mister very fine and fill with bottled evian water kept in fridge. If not I use Avene spray -- large size is like 4x the size of Fix and the mister is gorgeous..

mosha010

I like the idea of your awesome noZzle! I had to. Anyway, yea after I'm done w this if the nozzle hehe (I'm so immature I swear) goes bad I prob try a cheapo alternative. I got in the hype and dragged others in w it shamelessly.. And it's just water. It's one of those "emperor clothes" type of things. If they tell u something with conviction u start to believe it.

mosha010

Yeah but I see I've sprayed with water and with fix + After I'm done w makeup and it feels mostly the same. Don't gets wrong is love the stuff and I use it for a lot of stuff )wetting beauty blender, brushes. Spraying face etc. But I'm Beginning to wonder if I can just make my own?..

erine1881

Yeah but I see I've sprayed with water and with fix + After I'm done w makeup and it feels mostly the same. Don't gets wrong is love the stuff and I use it for a lot of stuff )wetting beauty blender, brushes. Spraying face etc. But I'm Beginning to wonder if I can just make my own?..
You can't make your own, unless you can find cucumber extract, green tea extract, caffeine, vitamins, and all the other ingredients that are in fix+. It's not just water and glycerine and many seem to think it is.

Latest posts