MAC Fix Plus Spray ?

Tiana Le-She

I agree that Fix + is used to refresh and hydrate skin i like to use it before my foundation and I use it to "foil" my eyeshadows and pigments it makes them take on a different look. I put some shadow on my brush and spray fix + on it. I personally like to use Ben nye's finishing spray to set my makeup if I have an event or something, your makeup doesn't budge with this stuff :)

paparazziboy

I'm a little confused, would you guys use Charged water the same way as you use your Fix+?
they are almost the same but charged water is better for oily skin as it does not have glycerine in it to moisturize like fix+ does

fix plus does set you makeup in the fact that it does make it look like skin when applied over powder products. fix + does not make you makeup last longer. it will refresh your makeup when you need to touch up. it will also help to sooth redness since it has cucumber and chamomile in it.

It only sets your makeup to a certain extent! The glycerin helps to bind powder and smaller foundation particles together to help give it more strength thus giving the illusion of longer wear. It also helps to hydrate the skin as well as remove the powdery texture you can get on the skin after makeup application. If you find your skin feels more oily after use, it is the glycerin in the product! Give it a shot, I absolutley love this product! I use it At least 2 times daily. once before i apply M/U and once after. sometimes to refresh throughout the day.

It's amazing when you use it with pigments. Makes them like foil! I don't actually think it works as a "setting spray" per-se but by keeping the skin hydrated it stops oils in the skin from breaking down your makeup. I got a mini one to try it out first, great idea!

futurestrength

This is one of those things that you don't think you'll need because it doesn't make an immediate drastic difference to your look, but it's wonderful. There is a reason that this is a staple item.

MaitaiFluff

This is one of those things that you don't think you'll need because it doesn't make an immediate drastic difference to your look, but it's wonderful. There is a reason that this is a staple item.
Agreed! If I'm in too much of a hurry in the morning and forget to spritz myself, my makeup doesn't last and don't have that same "pop" as it would with the Fix+. Also, I wanted to thank all the ladies (and gents) on this thread. Before I even started up with Specktra and I was just a stalker, I used these reviews to decide whether or not I needed this in my life. So glad I got it.

Yazmin

I finally started using my travel size Fix+ last month and it was love at first spray. I haven't used it yet for setting makeup, but I do use it to refresh my skin, and I spray my beauty blender with it before applying foundation and concealer. It's definitely a staple now in my collection.

VampyCouture

I bought Fix + in the winter, because for some reason, my oily skin became increasingly dry this winter. I love it! It hydrates my face and I never look like my makeup is cakey! Now it's back to oily and I really hope this will still work for me in the summer. I agree. It doesn't look like it will make too much of a difference, but I think it makes all the difference once you start using it regularly. When I only have 5 minutes to get ready and look refreshed, I put concealer and powder on and spray this on my face, my skin looks perfect for the rest of the day because it's so hydrated. The $10 travel size option is perfect for on the go touch ups.

Claire Voyant

Is it possible the Fix + proprieties react different, depending on skin types? I've found, on days I'm outdoors a lot, even when its hot, if I use the spray to set my makeup, there's no oily breakthroughs n my combination skin. When I forget that final step, I can definitely tell the difference. I now keep a travel size bottle always in my overnight bag so it doesn't get left behind when I travel . . .but find one spray over in the morning and I'm set for the day.

liplips

love this. I work with an all male team (apart from me!) I always get teased for messing with my make up through the day. So a quick fresh up spray gives me a boost without having to put up with row of raised eye brows looking at me across the office : )

martiangurll

I use it daily - a few spritzes on my face before I put my foundation on to thin it out (I like super sheer coverage), but I don't think it's anything that special and does pretty much the same thing as water for the way I use it.

I've tried it as a setting spray, but I think that Urban Decay or the MUFE spray works much better.
I think the All Nighter UD product works better to "set" but I like the Fix better. I have been using it spritzed on my sponge blender before foundation and it helps the foundation go on smoother and I think last a little longer. I do like to do a very light spritz if my powder make up looks too, well, powdery. AND, I like to use it to hold pigments together and use them wet on the eye or as a liner. Finally, it helps to use with MES to get the wet look. I have also used it on bare skin just as a refresher to give a little moisture, esp. after airplane travel--I transfer to a smaller 3 oz container for that. I esp. like the Charged water one for that, but it doesn't work as a finisher, and it really is more just a spritzer moisturizer, but I love the scent for that purpose. I supposed you could mix the Charged water with the Fix + to do double duty but I have never tried that.

niketyi

I LOVE Fix + ! I use it to set my makeup and refresh my skin. I've heard great things about Makeup Atelier setting spray. I plan to try that one soon!

LC Balthazar

I finally started using my travel size Fix+ last month and it was love at first spray.  I haven't used it yet for setting makeup, but I do use it to refresh my skin, and I spray my beauty blender with it before applying foundation and concealer.  It's definitely a staple now in my collection.  
Thanks for this tip. I've been spraying my beauty blender with it and it really helps my foundation look more natural!

Latest posts