MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

bluelitzer

Unless it's special packaging no one cares. Because quite frankly, everything they put out is dupeable. Then the ones in special packaging lately have been boring to me, nudes/neutrals. People like unique colors and special packaging. JP had great stuff, BBW too, Cinderella was more for the fact that it was Cinderella than unique colors for me. The fact that Evening Rendezvous is still there is a little bizarre though. Unless they went nuts for the holidays producing those when at that point people were interested in buying other things...or just tired of that shade. Really is unpredictable, hahaha!
I did find it bizarre that the purple holiday special packaging didn't sell out. There was a time when it didn't matter whether it was normal packaging and it would be gone quickly (Rihanna summer trio RiRi Woo-Riri Boy-Heaux, Lavender Whip from Baking Beauties, Iris Apfel lippies, Punk Couture collection and the comeback collections where people vote discontinued colors like CYY and Heroine). It does feel like they've ran out of color ideas, as most colors are dupes of something they've done in a relatively recent timeframe. It also seems like the makeup industry is quick to fill in a demand for products. So many choices nowadays.

BeautyFan55

I did find it bizarre that the purple holiday special packaging didn't sell out. There was a time when it didn't matter whether it was normal packaging and it would be gone quickly (Rihanna summer trio RiRi Woo-Riri Boy-Heaux, Lavender Whip from Baking Beauties, Iris Apfel lippies, Punk Couture collection and the comeback collections where people vote discontinued colors like CYY and Heroine). It does feel like they've ran out of color ideas, as most colors are dupes of something they've done in a relatively recent timeframe. It also seems like the makeup industry is quick to fill in a demand for products. So many choices nowadays.

MAC should experiment with finishes to add some of the WOW factor back. They could do duochrome lipsticks or bring back Dazzle lipsticks as well. They should also find different colors within a range, like instead of the same light purples like ER, MLM, etc, they could do a bright royal purple shade.

Marsha Pomells

MAC should experiment with finishes to add some of the WOW factor back. They could do duochrome lipsticks or bring back Dazzle lipsticks as well. They should also find different colors within a range, like instead of the same light purples like ER, MLM, etc, they could do a bright royal purple shade.

That purple will sell out in seconds. But it would be nice to see something new and different. Bring back the dazzle lipsticks, definitely

Duochrome lipsticks... If they were to happen, MAC better not f*** them up.

NaomiH

Tried to buy The Fashion Flock tonight, but for some reason...no matter what I do, the lipstick comes up as $104 in my bag. WTF MAC???

It did that to me with Embrace Me liner, it was showing as 90 bucks for awhile but them corrected itself.

Honi

I dont know if we have the information for the single e/s so here it is. I got a sample of Flock & Roll and it looks like it could even be used as a blush in a pinch (Mini travel blush!!). Havent had time to try it yet.

Eye shadow:
Hello, there. Soft nude beige, matte
Bird's eye view. Hot magenta, satin.
Flock & Roll. Light pastel pink, matte.
Just wing it. Mid-tone tan pink, satin.
Repromotes:
Sushi flower. Pinky-coral with pink (Something, my text cuts off).
Corduroy. Muted Reddish Brown, matte.

borinquena

MAC collections never sell out anymore. I feel like the last few ones that did quickly were Julia Petit/ Bao Bao Wan/Cinderella. Decline of the empire? :(

That's what happens when they oversaturate us with many collections released in a short timeframe, plus other companies competing with them.

Kaidan

What do you all think are the must haves from this collection?

The palette if you're into bright colors. The colors surprisingly match well. :)

Lipsticks: The Fashion Flock, Be Silly, Long Legged and Fabulous
Blush: What I Fancy, Spring Flock, and between Life's a Picnic or Oh My!

Embrace Me lip liner and Sunny Surprise BP.

My top three are The Fashion Flock, Flamingo Park x9 palette, and What I Fancy blush. :)

Corally

Flamingo Park has finally launched in Holland on the mac website (way too early but I'm not complaining lol) and I got the blushes Spring Flock and Oh, My! :D

Surabhi

New User
... And we didn't get the blushes stated in the colour story, in the UK :doh:

I just chatted with a MAC Artist. She was not aware of this herself. She just sent me an email after checking with their Head Office.

It said

"Sadly the blushers for sale in the UK have been cancelled and there will be substitute shades on the site.

Regrettably we will not be receiving the new blush shades for this collection however the shades we have available are amazing and so pretty!

Im so sorry about this."

This sucks! I had my eyes on Life's a Picnic!

Ordered The Fashion Flock, Be Silly and Have Your Cake though!

montREALady

Flamingo Park has finally launched in Holland on the mac website (way too early but I'm not complaining lol) and I got the blushes Spring Flock and Oh, My! :D

As much as you and I have the most contrasting skintones we always get (or like) the same stuff I noticed!! :twirl:

Marsha Pomells

You're kidding me! That's f'd up. You contacted MAC about it?

I'm not bothered about blushes, because TCBF wasn't purple enough. Will give them a ring in a bit, got a very important matter on my hands.

image.png

Do these even look like what was stated in colour story?????

EDIT: Just came off the phone, MAC UK are aware of the issue and should be updating the website on Monday... Think I'll just stick to Dollymix and Peony Petal.

Last edited:

Latest posts