MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

B

Buffy89

The collection launched at counters in Germany today, we received all the products and the single eye shadows instead of the palette. I purchased both Sunny Surprise and What I Fancy (and already own Pearl Blossom and Pink Swoon). Definitely a hard decision because I liked kinda everything, but my bank account cannot be tortured already on the first day of the month, LOL.

Vandekamp

View attachment 52606 View attachment 52607

For anyone still on the fence, I got my order of lipsticks today and here are the comparison swatches of (from L to R) Be Silly, Flat Out Fabulous and Have Your Cake.
The picture on the right is in natural light.

Be Silly is a bright magenta, FOF is more muted and a bit more purple and HYC is a pinkish purple.

I was sooo excited to finally get Have Your cake. Now that I have it I am not a big fan. Flat out Fabulous is still the bomb!

AnitaK

Yep.

First, no x9 palette. Now no blushes. I wonder why we're not getting the blushes.

EDIT: rang up MAC to ask about the blushes (again), the blushes are US exclusive... So if anyone in the UK are looking to buy them, either go for a CP or if you're lucky to have a forwarding mailbox... Just order from the US.

That is just stupid. The blushes are a major part of this collection. I wonder if we will be getting them in Trinidad. I called the store up to last week and they still don't know when they are getting it. :snooty: My attention is starting to wane from this collection now to be honest.

Honi

That is just stupid. The blushes are a major part of this collection. I wonder if we will be getting them in Trinidad. I called the store up to last week and they still don't know when they are getting it. :snooty: My attention is starting to wane from this collection now to be honest.
This is so weird, all the blushes are up on the danish and swedish websites so it's definitely not that theyre US only.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I returned Sunny Surprise - I did like the color and texture, not stiff or dry at all, but I didn't like how the slight sheen made my skin/pores look. Wish it was matte! So the only thing I ended up with after all is What I Fancy.

I really want the 170 and 197 brushes, but they are not available or already sold out, don't even know. I only want to order at the site where I get 20%, I refuse to pay the full € price. Ordered the P+P e/s base and Malt e/s out of frustration.

Last edited:
B

Buffy89

I returned Sunny Surprise - I did like the color and texture, not stiff or dry at all, but I didn't like how the slight sheen made my skin/pores look. Wish it was matte! So the only thing I ended up with after all is What I Fancy.

I really want the 170 and 197 brushes, but they are not available or already sold out, don't even know. I only want to order at the site where I get 20%, I refuse to pay the full € price. Ordered the P+P e/s base and Malt e/s out of frustration.

I didn't see the brushes at the counter either. What a pity that Sunny Surprise didn't work for you. I used it as kind of a highlighter on What I Fancy and I do like it a lot. Well, it turns out a little more yellowish than I expected, but still very nice. Didn't try it on its own though.

leonah

is sunny surprise shimmery or just a slight sheen?

BuickMackane

My haul is three lipsticks (Have Your Cake, Be Silly and The Fashion Flock) and three blushes (What I Fancy, Spring Flock and This Could Be Fun). So far I wore HYC, WAF and SF and I'm very happy with all of them. I'm a bit worried about TCBF because it's so.damn.bright but we'll see how I get on. So far so good!

B

Buffy89

is sunny surprise shimmery or just a slight sheen?
I'm not Naynadine, but maybe I can help too :)
I'd say it's got a slight sheen, so that I can rather use it as a blush. Because of the pigmentation and the orangey shade, I can't use it for strobing myself (I'm NC15). Purpose-wise, it kinda reminds me of Alpha Girl. Those beauty powders are so different each time. Hope this helps!

Honi

Flock & Roll is nice, but not overly interesting. Im putting it in my travel palette to use as a blush, it looks nice on really pale skin as a blush but isnt over exciting as an eyeshadow.

Left Swatch = Flock & Roll. Right Swatch = Sweet lust.

Attachments

• mac flamingo park flock and roll eyeshadow ögonskugga2.png
    mac flamingo park flock and roll eyeshadow ögonskugga2.png
    739.5 KB · Views: 289

leonah

I'm not Naynadine, but maybe I can help too :)
I'd say it's got a slight sheen, so that I can rather use it as a blush. Because of the pigmentation and the orangey shade, I can't use it for strobing myself (I'm NC15). Purpose-wise, it kinda reminds me of Alpha Girl. Those beauty powders are so different each time. Hope this helps!

thank you :)

geeko

Got about to wearing the blush Life's a picnic and woah it is pigmented. I had to tone it down ...

still a lovely colour when used light handedly.

tberni

I just have purchased my goodies for 10 minutes ago. My sweeties are Life's a picnic blush gorgeous for summer!Be silly, Have your cake,LL& F, Sweet tooth glass.OMG!:D I'm in love!!;-) 20160303_183233.jpg
Life's a picnic light handed,and sweet tooth 20160303_183230.jpg

filio

I got my order two days ago :) love spring flock it brightens mij complexion up, a pink-coral version of modern manderin in love. flocking fabulous is easy to wear coral but the fashion flock was harder to wear too bright but with a nude lipliner (aka a medium dark brown for me) it beautiful but settels in to my lines but I didnt exfoliate my lips. Blush oh my is scary maybe shoud have gone for lifes a picknick but I still have to try it the first time was too much but I was going to wash my face.

I havent worn the pinks and purples but I know I am going to like them!

montREALady

I got my order two days ago :) love spring flock it brightens mij complexion up, a pink-coral version of modern manderin in love. flocking fabulous is easy to wear coral but the fashion flock was harder to wear too bright but with a nude lipliner (aka a medium dark brown for me) it beautiful but settels in to my lines but I didnt exfoliate my lips. Blush oh my is scary maybe shoud have gone for lifes a picknick but I still have to try it the first time was too much but I was going to wash my face.

I havent worn the pinks and purples but I know I am going to like them!

Oh My! is a lot. You cannot be heavy-handed. Very light.

Latest posts