MAC for Chen Man Collection Discussion

kimibos

Thats weird cause i went to the mac counter in nordstrom yesterday and my ma told me that she is going to call me a week before the collection is out so i dont miss on anything. she did mention that perfectly finish and lightfully were mac store only since i mention that i wanted to try the lightfully skin care !? now i wonder which one is.
i honestly dont get the mac store or online only, i mean dont they want to make money???
Bummed that Chen Man is only online and in freestanding stores according to my SA at my counter. I shall be ordering online for sure.....

Anitacska

I wonder if this will be an online only collection in the UK. Anyone know?

Also the 3 MES look suspiciously like Sea & Sky, Pink Split and Odd Couple. Can anyone (paparazziboy?) confirm if that's correct? I like the pattern, but I really don't need the same colour twice.

Babylard

So a lovely lady showed me some of the Chen man stuff. It's just regular packaging with special box like shop cook. Force of love is the darker neoner sibling of nicki. I have it swatched on my hand and I can't get my iPhone to capture the colors correctly. I don't own impassioned so I can't comment. Party parrot from memory is darker than force of love. The purple one is pretty sheer being a lustre but it's a nice lavender not too pale with some sort of subtle silver shimmer. It's darker than quite cute but lighter than playtime not magenta. It's a pinky light to Milton's lavender. Force of love lipgloss is really purty. Very bright. I'm thinking that force of love will look similar to watch me simmer but matte. I have to try to not smudge my hand til I can go home and compare o_o everything is so creamy and lovely. This is a good lustre in my opinion. However I still need lip liner to make it show up. Flamingo on its own looks like nothing

jenntoz

saw this listing on ebay, I don't see it posted yet, it gives a look at the packaging & a few colors...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-CHEN-MAN-COLLECTION-LE-SPRING-2012-variety-100-AUTHENTIC-/260949301552?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item8267b47891

kimibos

i found this blog with pictures of the products, i really wish she had swatches!!
http://www.lavidaentecnicolor.com/2012/02/05/chen-man-para-mac/

Babylard

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395192_10150550693333020_512663019_9098197_540052335_n.jpg

swatches off my fb: top = force of love mid = budding love bottom = viva glam nicki (contains some inaccuracy)

I tried my best with my iphone, but they are more brighter in real life. force of love and nicki has stained my hand.

I thought force of love was actually pretty similar to nicki except force of love is more brighter, darker and neoner. it could have been the weird lighting in the mall. it kept changing how it looked when I went from mall to subway to sushi to walmart (don't judge me, I love food). my hand smeared before i got home so i couldn't compare. the addict in me says all of these are different enough to have them all. LOL "normal people (sisters, bf etc) will say that they are very redundant. they are all so creamy and beautiful though. the matte texture of force of love is on par with iris aphel.

PixieDancer

Ok... So I "NEED" Force of Love! Thanks for the swatches! The Iris mattes were to die for...

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395192_10150550693333020_512663019_9098197_540052335_n.jpg

swatches off my fb: top = force of love mid = budding love bottom = viva glam nicki (contains some inaccuracy)

I tried my best with my iphone, but they are more brighter in real life. force of love and nicki has stained my hand.

I thought force of love was actually pretty similar to nicki except force of love is more brighter, darker and neoner. it could have been the weird lighting in the mall. it kept changing how it looked when I went from mall to subway to sushi to walmart (don't judge me, I love food). my hand smeared before i got home so i couldn't compare. the addict in me says all of these are different enough to have them all. LOL "normal people (sisters, bf etc) will say that they are very redundant. they are all so creamy and beautiful though. the matte texture of force of love is on par with iris aphel.

Richelle83

Thanks! Budding Love looks really light almost Lavender Whip light but with a little more pink to it.

Mac-Guy

Thank you for the swatches!

UrbanSweetheart

looks like I'll be getting Force Of Love! =)

PixieDancer

friends.gif
iagree.gif

looks like I'll be getting Force Of Love! =)

Sappheiros

Force of love is my kind of lip color! Plus, I'm very pleased that its texture isn't dry
blush-anim-cl.gif

Budding love l/s is a ''no'' for me.. but I think the l/g would be interesting!

singer82

Thanks for the swatches! I was hoping Budding Love was not as pink but I'll prob still get it cause its a purple/lavender variation lol That purple mes
jawdrop.gif
!