MAC for Chen Man Collection Discussion

pemily

Guess what meeeee got today :) The last fol lippie at our freestanding store!! I also picked up coppering, shale and vex! Any thoughts on those?!

pemily

Quote: Originally Posted by pemily

Guess what meeeee got today :)
The last fol lippie at our freestanding store!!
I also picked up coppering, shale and vex!
Any thoughts on those?!

coppering and shale are staples for me, I don't have vex but have always been curious about it...
Would you like me to post a pic of a look next week?

martiangurll

I often use Shale with either taupes, pinks or purples. I use it in the V of the eye for many of the cool tones. E.g. Pink Freeze on the lid and upper brow, Moleskin in the crease and Shale in the V. Then in the outter third of the lid I blended out with either Hocus Pocus or Howzat. Or I have tried Silver Gull on the lid, a Dior white color (Crystal Avalanche will probably substitute for that) for the brow/tearducts, Shale in the crease and blend that out with Howzat or another smokey grey or taupe color. I can also use Shale in the crease with a dark black in the V (Cloudburst) for a really dark grey smoky eye.

OhSoJaded

I finally got my hands on FOL and I'm KICKING myself for ignoring this collection. I LOVE this color and wish I could find a BU.

PixieDancer

I love Shale for a smokey eye!

I do 3 different variations:
1) Shale on the lid, Print in the outer v and through the crease, Gesso to highlight and blend.
2) Shale on the lid, Copperplate crease, Smut outer v, Vanilla highlight & blend
3) Haux on the lid, Shale crease, Shroom highlight & blend

Yazmin

My Pro store still has two FOL lipglasses from an order that didn't go through. Anyone still want? Speak now or forever hold your peace...well, at least for.the next 35 mins when the store closes.

OhSoJaded

My Pro store still has two FOL lipglasses from an order that didn't go through. Anyone still want? Speak now or forever hold your peace...well, at least for.the next 35 mins when the store closes.
oh noes! i wish i was logged on when you posted this message (and the one about Reel Sexy)

Yazmin

oh noes! i wish i was logged on when you posted this message (and the one about Reel Sexy)
I just called and they still have one Reel Sexy in stock and I asked them to hold it for me until I can pick it up on Monday. Still want it?