MAC for Marilyn

sss215

Saw this on Chic Profile's blog- http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/08/mac-marilyn-monroe-fall-2012-collection-info-photos-prices.html I'm getting really excited about the lipsticks!
I'm sold on the first 3! Can't wait!!! Another cute idea for lipstick packaging would have been like the Playboy collection. Red metal when you take the cap off, and a shiny red Marilyn Monroe signature across the tube. Red metallic Marilyn Monroe signature on the powder products.

Haven

Saw this on Chic Profile's blog- http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/08/mac-marilyn-monroe-fall-2012-collection-info-photos-prices.html
I'm getting really excited about the lipsticks!

Thank you for posting this! I think that I will end up with 4 out of 5 lipsticks if the swatches are great. I will probably pass on Pure Zen from this collection simply because I already bought it for less $$ in regular packaging.

CartoonChic

That's a lot of money for lipglass. Skiiip.

The packaging reminds me of Shrinky-Dinks!
lmao.gif
Talk about a flashback!

CartoonChic

I'm still getting the lipsticks for sure, even Pure Zen now that I've swatched it. But I'm getting it in regular packaging. I would've preferred to have Scarlet Ibis in its regular packaging too when it released with Iris Apfel. I was going to get the beauty powder and dazzleglasses, but now maybe not. I've lost interest in the eye shadows because of the higher cost. I need them to be amazing to make me interested again. I wish they were just the normal veluxe pearl size. I don't know. My excitement for this collection is waning. I may end up only with lipsticks.

duckrodeo

I'm still getting the lipsticks for sure, even Pure Zen now that I've swatched it. But I'm getting it in regular packaging. I would've preferred to have Scarlet Ibis in its regular packaging too when it released with Iris Apfel. I was going to get the beauty powder and dazzleglasses, but now maybe not. I've lost interest in the eye shadows because of the higher cost. I need them to be amazing to make me interested again. I wish they were just the normal veluxe pearl size. I don't know. My excitement for this collection is waning. I may end up only with lipsticks.
I'm feeling the same way. I'm intrigued by the Beauty Powder but I'm not loving the packaging, so unless the product itself is stellar, I don't want to spend the extra money for the packaging. I'm eyeing the three lipsticks that aren't Pure Zen and Scarlet Ibis. I do hope Love Connection is different enough from Moxie to warrant buying.

BriarRose

Saw this on Chic Profile's blog- http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/08/mac-marilyn-monroe-fall-2012-collection-info-photos-prices.html

pompom.gif
Thanks!

Aside from Pure Zen (nudes of any shade look horrid on me; super pale, but with super pigmented lips), they all look beautiful.

Definitely after Scarlet Ibis (I missed all the IA products; no MAC store anywhere near me, and wasn't online at the right time) and Love Goddess. Not sure on Deeply Adored or Charmed I'm Sure. Need to swatch them in person to decide.

Given the prices, I have no interest in the eyeshadows, and the dazzleglasses are blah to me. I want to get either 1 blush or the beauty powder, but need to swatch before I decide which one.

LadyMisfit

Oh boy! The first 3 look beautiful. Hopefully I don't fall for all 3 so I can save some money haha! Can't wait to see some swatches.

Indieprincess

The lipsticks are a must, I plan on getting all of them except for Pure Zen. As much as it pains me, I'm pretty glad I decided to pass on Style Seeker.

Mac-Guy

I'm actually not getting too much from this collection: 2 blushes, b/p, 1 lippie, 2 e/s. Possible BU's of the b/p. Bargain!