MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

DonnaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
It's like a party in here!! Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes.
grouphug2.gif
I'm going to clean myself up and then head out to get my goodies, so I'll report back. Can you believe it's freakin' snowing here?!?! Lame!!! The weather almost never cooperates on my birthday.

happybirthday.gif

sorry about the weather, but how cool to share your B-day with the London launch!!

AudreyNicole

Back from the counter, sopping wet. Stooopid rain.
lol.gif
It never rains here. Today it was like a monsoon. Figures. Anyway, I went to the counter with nothing more than foundation and mascara on so that I could come home and play!!
smiles.gif
I ended up with:

Birds and Berries e/s
Dame's Desire e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Prim and Proper Blush
Shell Pearl BP
Blue India n/p

I passed on GMLOL e/s. NO payoff on me. Boo. Passed on Summer Rose, and passed on all of the lip stuff, and got Boy Bait Cremesheen glass instead.
love.gif

My counter opens at 10am. I got there at 10:30 and they were already sold of out Prim and Proper and Blue India. Thank goodness for preorders!

I tried in Prim and Proper with Shell Pearl and Boy Bait. They are perfect for eachother. Shell Pearl gives exactly the finish I was hoping for. I am going to eat lunch, then pay with the eyeshadows. LOVE this collection.
yes.gif

DollyGirl92

Do you girls think it's worth me getting both beauty powders? I've got nothing similar but I was wondering about if it would look good on my skin? I'm like a neutral tone, but I lean towards cool a bit.
I know I'm going to get Summer Rose but do you think I should get Shell Pearl aswell?
I'm guna get like all the blooming lovely l/s my counter has! I love colours like it!

mariserinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Thank you!!
sweet.png

Does anyone know who's better to order from? Also, I noticed th Stars Makeup site has 28 slot palettes! Anyone know if they're well made??

When I took all my depots to my counter for the Spring Colour Forecast collection, I got totally chastised!
rules.gif
She was like "NO MORE", but luckily accepted the 24 I had!

I'm definitely ordering the pans and trying the old eyeshadow speared in the pan thing. Sneaky sneaky!!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

lol.gif

i just got a couple of 12 pan palette from stars makeup haven. i LOVE them and they are really well made. however, know that it is magnetized the same way as mac pans, so you will have to do what i did, which is push your mac shadow pan into a starsmakeuphaven pan. or you can put magnets on in the inside of the pan too. thats my only issue with it.

mariserinb

just got back from MAC and got all my stuff! SO GORGEOUS. love love love! i hope they don't mind me taking all this lip gloss on the plane....

Yushimi

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARIN!
heart.gif
heart.gif

Someone call me crazy but is Tahitian Sand (Hello Kitty collection) very similar to Shell Pearl?? Lolz I tried searched for this answer. I'm comparing the two with two pictures from KarlaSugar. But they're different lighting. This is killing me...LOLZ I have 2 Tahitian Sand already damn it.

I just might skip Shell Pearl...

Winthrop44

I ended up with

GMLOL e/s
Blooming Lovely l/s (ordered online and may end up swapping)
Ever Hip l/s
Frankly Fresh l/g
Prim and Proper Blush
Shell Pearl BP
Blue India n/p

The packaging is cute. I love the boxes. I got to my counter after 10:30 and I was the only one there. I'm happy to have a slow counter!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Back from the counter, sopping wet. Stooopid rain.
lol.gif
It never rains here. Today it was like a monsoon. Figures. Anyway, I went to the counter with nothing more than foundation and mascara on so that I could come home and play!!
smiles.gif
I ended up with:

Birds and Berries e/s
Dame's Desire e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Prim and Proper Blush
Shell Pearl BP
Blue India n/p

I passed on GMLOL e/s. NO payoff on me. Boo. Passed on Summer Rose, and passed on all of the lip stuff, and got Boy Bait Cremesheen glass instead.
love.gif

My counter opens at 10am. I got there at 10:30 and they were already sold of out Prim and Proper and Blue India. Thank goodness for preorders!

I tried in Prim and Proper with Shell Pearl and Boy Bait. They are perfect for eachother. Shell Pearl gives exactly the finish I was hoping for. I am going to eat lunch, then pay with the eyeshadows. LOVE this collection.
yes.gif

great haul hun! let us know what you think in detail when you have had a play please!
th_kiss.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariserinb
just got back from MAC and got all my stuff! SO GORGEOUS. love love love! i hope they don't mind me taking all this lip gloss on the plane....

Don't forget to put it in your ziplock, or they will mind.
th_wink3.gif

shadowaddict

Audrey and our other lovelies who are back please tell us your thoughts on P&P blush. I really want this but have to be practical if I will use it. How is it for us pasty people? I'm really hoping it isn't too brown.

My store is holding my stuff so I'm going this afternoon. I'm still getting the needed caffine fix to function. Sometimes I think I just need to run it through an IV to hit me quicker.
shockt.gif

jenntoz

Yay, yay, yay! Just got my shipping confirmation from mac/ups & my package is due to be delivered today. Unfortunately UPS never gets here until around 7pm but I'm super excited that my goodies should be here later today
choochoo.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by gachapin_luv
Shadowy Lady- love your new avatar as well. Did you get a haircut

No sweetie I just put it in a bun
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
It's like a party in here!! Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes.
grouphug2.gif
I'm going to clean myself up and then head out to get my goodies, so I'll report back. Can you believe it's freakin' snowing here?!?! Lame!!! The weather almost never cooperates on my birthday.

happy birthday gorgeous lady, hope you buy lotsa MAC despite the snow. I cannot believe u got snow there. Here in Canada it feels like spring. What is this world coming to?

Ok, so I bought my stuff too
yahoo.gif
. I ended up with:

- P&P blush - this is a neutral peachy shade on me (NW25) awesome colour and texture. I like that it's not very shimmery
- Shell Pearl bp - my MA put this one on top of P&P and the combo was so pretty I couldn't pass it up. I have a feeling I found my go to blush combo
- PHS l/g - a pinker version of Sock Hop, perfect! I cannot wait to pair it with Fresh Salmon and Nars Niagara
- Blue India n/p - OMFG, yummmmy! It's a dusky blue with some green undertones mixed in. I was surprised at a n/p this dark for spring but hey, it's unique and gorgeous! Def check this one out.
- Naked l/l - I snatched the last one, I couldn't resist. I love my Myth l/s and this is it's liner sister

I also tried on A Different Groove (for you Shontay) but sorry it was a no go! My MA didn't like it on me either. I actually like dark lips but more red and purple type shades and this one has some browns in it. I would say it's a no for fair to light skins. It'll prob look great on medium to dark skins. I wanted to check out Dirty Plum as well but I was even scared of looking at it, it's that dark
shockt.gif
My MA also recommended against it. She said that's another one for deeper toned ladies.

Here's a pic of the haul:
IMG_0936.jpg

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
Audrey and our other lovelies who are back please tell us your thoughts on P&P blush. I really want this but have to be practical if I will use it. How is it for us pasty people? I'm really hoping it isn't too brown.

My store is holding my stuff so I'm going this afternoon. I'm still getting the needed caffine fix to function. Sometimes I think I just need to run it through an IV to hit me quicker.
shockt.gif

I am NW15, and honestly, IMO, it is a very practical shade. Actually more practical than most of my blushes
lol.gif
It will go well with any eye/lip combination. It is very neutral, not too brown, and slightly more peach than Blushbaby. It is a little more obvious on fair skin than Personal Style from All Races. I have really been into the neutral cheeks and nude lips with lots of color on the eyes, so this is a perfect blush for those occasions. I really like it. I wasn't too impressed when I swatched it on my hand, but on my cheeks, it's really nice. Try it on if you can, because it looks quite boring in the pan. HTH!
smiles.gif

soveryfabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Today I wore Pink opal pigment on eyes with birds and berries in the crease, with prim & proper, shell pearl on top and blooming lovely. I loved the look!

I love how dusky Blue India is. I bought it but didn't wear it yet. The white one looks kinda streaky though.

Wow, that sounds like a gorgeous combo! The things you mentioned are on my list to get already, so I may just have to try that look out. Thanks!
smiles.gif

soveryfabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
It is a bummer but this is how it always was, or for a long time anyway...I was told the same thing a long time ago when I asked for something from either the Raquel Welch or Catherine Deneuve Icon collections, don't remember which now.

I guess it must really vary because I was able to B2M for a lipstick from Catherine Deneuve, and something from Fafi too.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by soveryfabulous
I guess it must really vary because I was able to B2M for a lipstick from Catherine Deneuve, and something from Fafi too.

No...I was referring to asking Gone But Not Forgotten for lipsticks from those Icon collections...they refused and told me it's a licensing problem.

But B2M...that seems to vary from counter to counter, store to store, and even by who's taking care of you at a given place!

Yushimi

Rushed to my MAC counter. I was waiting for them to open. I ended up picking up:

Blue India
Blooming Lovely
Boy Bait (lolz I had to get another one)

my regular MUA had something to do so I'm going back tomorrow again lolz. She put on hold for me:

Blue India (again)
Blooming Lovely (again)
Prim & Proper
Shell Pearl
Maybe the purple gloss from the collection. (I'm currently wearing it over Blooming Lovely. It's so HOT OMG)

I'm currently wearing Prim & Proper with Shell Pearl. If you buy Prim & Proper and you're a NC25 it will look peachy with a touch of bronze. If you add some sort of highlight over it, you'll fall in love
winks.gif

I had to pass on the makeup bag! It saddens me how poorly made it is
ssad.gif

the outside is gorgeous! But the inside isn't lined. So it looks rather cheap-ish. Sigh.

AudreyNicole

Just got done playing with my goodies... I used everything except Dame's Desire. I'll give her a test drive tomorrow
greengrin.gif

I am wearing Vanilla e/s on the lid from lashes to brow, Bough Grey in the crease (I had no problem with the payoff on this one, and I love the color), Birds and Berries in the outer V, with Minted e/k to line (
drools.gif
got this today too!) and then a little B&B over Minted to set it, Prim and Proper, Shell Pearl and Boy Bait. So far, I love everything. Now, if Dame's Desire floats my boat tomorrow, I can call this a 100% successful haul!
smiles.gif

I will play a little more later, and compare the shadows to other stuff...