MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
For Europe? I think I wouldn't even buy MAC at that price, I would go for MUFE and what not.

Back to topic: The makeup bags are to die for!

I agree with the bolded
thmbup.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Here you go:

[Enkore Depotting Vid]

In my experience the choice of wire cutter is critical. My husband's = disaster, the more delicate one I found in the crafts dept at Walmart = success. Also be really careful with the amount of alcohol you use and the angle of the pot when you insert the alcohol; it can easily travel to the other end of the pan before you know it and get drawn up into the shadow by capillary action. So use as little alcohol as possible or better yet before using any first try just moving your paring knife back and forth under the pan to loosen it without using any alcohol at all. HTH!

I love and use this method!

Sometimes alcohol isn't necessary for me to depot my babies!

th_thdeadea.gif
Also you can use a nail file-they're really thin sometimes and won't necessarily give you the potentially worst puncture wound you've ever had.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Just a quick OT re: depotted empties no longer being accepted at counters... I just did a live chat, and the depots are accepted though the mail in B2M program. A little more hassle, but worth it to me
smiles.gif
I forgot to ask if it could include LE lipsticks. Hmmm...

Anyway, I am super-de-duper excited about this collection. Thursday needs to hurry up and get here!
mac_haul.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaN
I'm sorry, but to clarify....is this counters at stores, like Macy's/Nordstroms, etc or at MAC stores?

sorry if that sounds like a dumb question......
th_dunno.gif

we haven't been told otherwise hun, so we're still accepting them at my counter. we've never been told no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbrittanyt
This may be WAY off but does anyone think ever hip l/s looks like cute-ster from hello kitty? My lips are very pigmented and cute-ster barely shows up on me.

Thanks!

Also, I have on a mission. Is dirty plum close enough to it that I can skip?

like someone else answered earlier, no and no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
What's wrong with Bough Grey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Pigmentation/texture is bad. You have to rub lots to get it to show up just on your finger. It's a pain applying on your eye for the same reason. Also on my eye, It doesn't look blue or green at all.
th_dunno.gif
There's no point in keeping it for me 'cause I know Ill never use it.

i kinda agree with kiss. the colour is gorgeous, but it does take a bit more work than others do to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
Sounds like Violent Trance all over again.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
I ADORE Violet Trance! I have no problem with it whatsoever. That's why I'm so on the fence about Bough Grey.

i'm with you shontay! i LOVE violet trance, and have no problems with it whatsoever!

Quote:
I'm a bit perturbed about the lack of love for A Different Groove.
girl_devil.gif

i love it on darker skin. not so much on caspers like myself.

PS. since the pro/employee discount doesn't apply to this collection :shedevil: (because its a copyright collection), then b2m won't apply either. just an fyi.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
PS. since the pro/employee discount doesn't apply to this collection :shedevil: (because its a copyright collection), then b2m won't apply either. just an fyi.

Ah, so I better get everything and anything I could ever want from this collection now. Gone But Not Forgotten could not get anything from HK and told me it was a licensing thing. I didn't understand. SOB

MAC's going to hell in a hand basket! Is there a new director of a marketing department at Estee!?
New statics person!?

I don't like how they're screwing with good things (palettes, pigments,etc).

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
You're NC45-50 right? Ember Glow did something to tickle your fancy?

NC45. Ember Glow is gorgeous. It can be sheered out or layered to get the color in the tube and it doesn't look jarring at all. It's lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I would like to like it, if MAC had released it in its proper season e.g. FALL/WINTER.
winkiss.gif

I am over that season.

Good thing for me, I pay no mind to seasons when it comes to makeup and clothing colors. I'm a rebel.
dapimp.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

^Agreed. Season means nothing. I'm rocking Faultlessly F/w l/s Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.

Edit: I'll glow while having a dark-heavy cupid's bow!
peace2.gif

erine1881

Quote:
I don't like how they're screwing with good things (palettes, pigments,etc).

werd.gif

Quote:
Good thing for me, I pay no mind to seasons when it comes to makeup and clothing colors. I'm a rebel.
dapimp.gif

dude, i'm the same! season doesn't mean shit to me when it comes to makeup/clothes/shoes. i wear what i want, when i want, how i want!

shontay07108

Quote:
^Agreed. Season means nothing. I'm rocking Faultlessly F/w l/s Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.

Edit: I'll glow while having a dark-heavy cupid's bow!
peace2.gif

Now you're my kinda chick!
lol.gif
drinks.gif

Since A Different Groove is the bastard child of this collection, I will stan even harder for it and take it in and nurse it along with my beloved Violet Trance.

Behold the sexy of ADG. I had been wearing it all day and I never touched it up, but the sexy remains.

s640x480

s640x480

panther27

Yeah about the licensing thing,the reason being is that with this collection,HK,etc.,it is some kind of contract with the brand that collection can be only out for a certain time,then it has to be pulled off the shelf.Same thing with the posters and displayers at stores and counters,those have to be taken down at a certain date due to the licensing.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Yeah about the licensing thing,the reason being is that with this collection,HK,etc.,it is some kind of contract with the brand that collection can be only out for a certain time,then it has to be pulled off the shelf.Same thing with the posters and displayers at stores and counters,those have to be taken down at a certain date due to the licensing.

Yeah I can imagine they (who has the license) wants to make the most money they can right then and there. Rather than get theirs gradually as the collection becomes older.

Those kind of collections turn on the "impulse" switch for a buyer. Once it's gone, it's gone so I better get it now kinda thing.

panther27

Quote:
Yeah I can imagine they (who has the license) wants to make the most money they can right then and there. Rather than get theirs gradually as the collection becomes older.

Those kind of collections turn on the "impulse" switch for a buyer. Once it's gone, it's gone so I better get it now kinda thing.

I know
thmbdn.gif
Pretty damn sneaky.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
NC45. Ember Glow is gorgeous. It can be sheered out or layered to get the color in the tube and it doesn't look jarring at all. It's lovely.

Wow, that's silly of me. I just realized I have Florabundance l/g and by all means I really shouldn't be afraid.
th_star.gif
th_star.gif
th_star.gif
The things we forgot we bought, tsk, tsk, tsk. lol

Edit: *B2M's for Ember Glow*

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Now you're my kinda chick!
lol.gif
drinks.gif

Since A Different Groove is the bastard child of this collection, I will stan even harder for it and take it in and nurse it along with my beloved Violet Trance.

Behold the sexy of ADG. I had been wearing it all day and I never touched it up, but the sexy remains.

s640x480

s640x480

A Different Groove l/g look stunning on you Shontay! I'm debating if I want to skip Bough Grey e/s as well as both of the Beauty Powders in this collection.

abbyquack

Shontay you are so pretty!
thmbup.gif
And A Different Groove looks soooo tempting! I have been eyeing it a little, I think it would add some fun dimension to any of the new l/s.
drools.gif

kiss

I think the trick with UDDP is to apply a tiny tiny bit. Sometimes I accidently over apply it and it is very hard to blend. I was so happy that Sephora came out so I finally got my hands on this product. It makes shadows last all day.

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Yep, I use the flatiron method and once I've removed the shadow, I press in the new pan, and I'll smush in some eyeshadow so it looks like a used pot. I also remove the sticker, but I may stop doing that if counters are no longer allowed to accept depots.

Can I ask where you buy the new pans??? I have a few pigments that I'd like to press. TIA!

Quote:
s640x480

ADG is stunning on your skintone!!!!!!!!!!
drools.gif
Very pretty!!!!!! I wonder how this would look on NW20??? Does anyone have this that's around my skintone?

If it will look like that on me as it does on Shontay I'm sold!!!
yes.gif

macaddict83

Was going to buy everything online, but decided to wait until Thurs. to make sure that the stuff in my cart will actually look good on me. I did order a medium make-up bag though. Although I have not received a confirmation email. IDK what is going on. Wanted to make sure I got a bag in case the store I go to on Thurs. is sold out by the time I get there.

BTW- I have ordered pans off evilbay before.