MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

dude, i'm the same! season doesn't mean shit to me when it comes to makeup/clothes/shoes. i wear what i want, when i want, how i want!

^
icon_eek.gif

I am EXACTLY the same way
yes.gif
greengrin.gif

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I'm a bit perturbed about the lack of love for A Different Groove.
girl_devil.gif

I want to see this in person- It looks intriguing to me- the first thing I thought about it was how gorg it would look on dark skinned people. I can not wait to see it on some people!
smiles.gif
yahoo.gif

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Ok so...I am having buyers remorse for this collection and I haven't bought anything yet!!
lol.gif
But basically I am debating if I should just skip Bough Grey e/s and Dirty Plum. I think BG is a unique color but I don't wear gray very much, so I feel like it will sit in a drawer if I get it. Dirty Plum is also awesome looking but is it wearable? That is the question. Bc Vintage Grape has been hard to pull off, so would DP be the same situation? And I know for now I'm skipping both BPs-- $25 is just a tad steep. It was worth it for the ombrés but I was stoked for those whereas these are cute but not exceptional IMO.

I thought Vintage Grape would be hard to pull off, but when I use it as a contour with the 187 brush and Azalea Blossom on the upper cheeks, it is gorgeous- looks on the pink side on me. I was totally shocked about it. When I labeled the photo, I forgot the name of Vintage Grape. LOL

The lighting was not quite strong enough for my camera, but the photo is still good enough to show the blush despite the blotchy look of it (my camera freaks out in subdued light and makes reds look weird on skin)

MACAzaleaBlossomandGrapefotdforspec.jpg

Anyone know if there are comparison photos of the *peacock* lipstick with Show Orchid?

And for whatever its worth- I am seriously considering the Summer Rose and Ever Hip and I WAS on a no buy. LOL

InspiredBlue

Here are the comparison swatches Erin did a while back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
img08001.jpg

PHS, sock hop

img08011.jpg

petals & peacocks, GAT, lickable, show orchid

img08021.jpg

i was at work when i did these, so i don't LW swatched here, but you can see BL (left) compared to UTA (right).

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Here are the comparison swatches Erin did a while back:

PERFECT! That was FAST!

yahoo.gif

I am sure that I will love that color then- I love Show Orchid, but this one has a bit more of - well, almost Fun N Sexy in it.

Speaking of which Fun N Sexy is the lipstick version of Electric Fuchsia from the Spring Forecast Collex. They look amazing together.

I bet EF will look great over Petals and Peacocks too.

Thanks!!!

mac_aiken

I get to pick up my goodies from Nordies today.
yahoo.gif

Plus I am going to get a little makeover from my favorite MUA. It's a good day.
My final list ended up this:

Birds & Berries
Prim & Proper
Shell Pearl
Summer Rose

Anyone care to guess what sells out first and/or fastest? My guesses (from reading the lists and posts here) are:

Birds & Berries
Prim & Proper
Shell Pearl

OMG this was great help with the swatches. I was so undecisive on the blooming lovely.

Question! why is liberty of london not allowing me to use my discount for this collection???

jenntoz

mac_aiken;1895899 Anyone care to guess what sells out first and/or fastest? My guesses (from reading the lists and posts here) are: Birds & Berries Prim & Proper Shell Pearl[/quote said:
my guesses...
Shell Pearl
Blue India
Ever Hip
I also think Summer Rose & Blooming Lovely will go quick

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
Can I ask where you buy the new pans??? I have a few pigments that I'd like to press. TIA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Coastal Scents has empty pans too.
winkiss.gif

Yep, I got mine from Coastal Scents. I also got blush pans for the rare occasion when I depot a blush.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3773519
OMG this was great help with the swatches. I was so undecisive on the blooming lovely.

Question! why is liberty of london not allowing me to use my discount for this collection???

No pro discount on this collection
thmbdn.gif
th_dunno.gif
ssad.gif

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken

Anyone care to guess what sells out first and/or fastest? My guesses (from reading the lists and posts here) are:

Birds & Berries
Prim & Proper
Shell Pearl

Hmmm.

I would say:

Ever Hip
Summer Rose
Shell Pearl
Possibly Peacocks and Petals

Yushimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken

Birds & Berries
Prim & Proper
Shell Pearl

My turn!
lol.gif

Blooming Lovely
Shell Pearl
Prim & Proper
Blue India

drools.gif

Oddly, I just can't see the eyeshadows selling out...call me crazy lolz.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Target has a short little video on their facebook featuring the LOL collection. I can't wait to get my hands on some of it!
smiles.gif

I have been seeing the ads on TV for that- I wonder if that is what is on their facebook page.

Looks like fun-I was tempted to go look too.

Pinky & Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Hurry up tomorrow, I wanna pick up my goodies
choochoo.gif

ummm, they're nothing alike. Summer rose is a sheerer product as it's a beauty powder and the colour is a cool pink. Hipness is more coral and it's much more pigmented. Honestly, I cannot think of one thing they have in common

Thank you sweetie, I'm not really sure where I was going with this question
ssad.gif

If I think about it, I have sooo many cool toned pinks, since warm just doesn't work for me.
(I can't even get Jest e/s to work
th_dunno.gif
)

So, maybe I should skip them both and get Dirty Plum instead
greengrin.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky & Poodle
Thank you sweetie, I'm not really sure where I was going with this question
ssad.gif

If I think about it, I have sooo many cool toned pinks, since warm just doesn't work for me.
(I can't even get Jest e/s to work
th_dunno.gif
)

So, maybe I should skip them both and get Dirty Plum instead
greengrin.gif

You can always try warmer blushes with a lighter hand and then they should be ok
winkiss.gif
I also mostly wear pinks but I love my peaches and corals in spring and summer

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi
Popping by to say, "YOU ALL MUST GET BLUE INDIA." *uses enabling powers*

There's no dupe for Blue India
winks.gif
So we'll be fighting with the nail polish lovers out there too for this product
shockt.gif

I totally agree. It is the perfect mix of dusty blue, teal and gray. I have been trying to get this color forever.

This will be second MAC polish, so nothing has thrilled about their polish since Whirlwind NP.

Sidenote: Should I be offended about all this wear anything/anywhere stuff, a response to my post? I just wanna know.