MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Yushimi

Popping by to say, "YOU ALL MUST GET BLUE INDIA." *uses enabling powers*

I've enabled Sara to get it on Twitter
graucho.gif
Lolz.

I know you all must want it...lolz heck, I can't believe they even decorated INSIDE of the packaging.

There's no dupe for Blue India
winks.gif
So we'll be fighting with the nail polish lovers out there too for this product
shockt.gif

mac_haul.gif
yea yea?
yes.gif
lol.gif

My MUA booked me the first appointment on the day of the launch..LOLZ first dibs on everything YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
greengrin.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
Can I ask where you buy the new pans??? I have a few pigments that I'd like to press. TIA!

Coastal Scents has empty pans too.
winkiss.gif

kiss

Today I wore Pink opal pigment on eyes with birds and berries in the crease, with prim & proper, shell pearl on top and blooming lovely. I loved the look!

I love how dusky Blue India is. I bought it but didn't wear it yet. The white one looks kinda streaky though.

Honey&LemonGirl

Hmmm, MAC's site has P&P listed as a matte finish, which kind of has me second-guessing myself about buying it. I could have sworn it looked like it had a little bit of a sheen in the swatches.

EDIT:

I decided to hold off on Prim & Proper for now. Having your credit card information saved on the MAC site makes it wayyyy too easy to just click "Purchase". Because that's exactly what I did.
lol.gif

I went ahead and just bought Shell Pearl (which I'm worried is going to sell out first), plus some permanent items, so the damage this time around was:

- Shell Pearl b/p
- Peaches blush
- Pink Swoon blush
- Freckletone l/s
- Lovelorn l/s

Time to start saving up for Art Supplies.
smiles.gif

sailordom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I'm a bit perturbed about the lack of love for A Different Groove.
girl_devil.gif

If I get a lippie from this collection, it will probably be A Different Groove!

I love colors like that, and I don't care that it's March and I'm not "supposed" to be wearing it. It looks great! And I don't have anything like it since I purged all my old lippies. (Many of them were starting to get smelly. Yeah, it's been that long since I bought makeup. And now,
mac_addict.gif
)

I was thinking of possibly getting Ever Hip or Frankly Fresh, but I bought some lippies from Bobbi Brown's coral collection, so it's probably better that I get something that's not anything like what I already have!

I'm now comfortable with my decision to pass on Bough Grey. I don't have many grays, so I think I should just go with perm colors for now. When I'm going to get around to that, I don't know; I've been too busy hauling LE products!

Pinky & Poodle

All this talk about Summer Rose... It makes my doubt weather I should get that instead of Hipness from To the Beach
th_dunno.gif

Any thoughts on that, and maybe a describtion of the differences?

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
OT, but love the new avi, Lou!! You look gawjus!!

iagree.gif
I think that you look very pretty in your new avatar Lou!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
i can't wait to see blush & bp swatches on people's faces! i haven't ordered yet.. still contemplating shell pearl vs summer rose vs none at all.. :p

I feel the same way! I can't decide if I want one or the other of the beauty powders or to just skip them both.
th_dunno.gif
Too many decisions to make!
lol.gif

xoleaxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I feel the same way! I can't decide if I want one or the other of the beauty powders or to just skip them both.
th_dunno.gif
lol.gif

i skipped them! hooray for self-control!

anxiously awaiting my mini haul..
mac_haul.gif
(we need a smilie with a black box!)

LMD84

Quote:

mac_haul.gif

we do! that'd be awesome!

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
th_dunno.gif
lol.gif

I can't decide either, I am sure I don't need Summer Rose since I have it from RR, but I am torn over Shell Pearl because it is getting so much love. I have sooooo many highlight colors that I ever use so my practical side is saying no, but my greeding hoarder side is telling me to grab one before they are sold out. Ugh, I hate when MAC turns me psyco
th_crazy2.gif
th_crazy.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:

mac_haul.gif

Well, we have this one:
mac_boxday.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Ah, so I better get everything and anything I could ever want from this collection now. Gone But Not Forgotten could not get anything from HK and told me it was a licensing thing. I didn't understand. SOB

MAC's going to hell in a hand basket! Is there a new director of a marketing department at Estee!?
New statics person!?

I don't like how they're screwing with good things (palettes, pigments,etc).

It is a bummer but this is how it always was, or for a long time anyway...I was told the same thing a long time ago when I asked for something from either the Raquel Welch or Catherine Deneuve Icon collections, don't remember which now.

Lisianthus

Karen of Makeup and Beauty Blog just posted a gorgeous face of the day using this collection. The only colour she didn't use for her eyes was Bough Grey.

I just can't decide about the eyeshadows in this collection. I'm considering Bough Grey and Birds and Berries but now I want Dame's Desire because it looks so nice with Birds and Berries. Does anyone know how Dame's Desire compares to Fashion Groupie from last year's Starflash?

Here's the link to the Karen's post:
MAC Give Me Liberty of London: Makeup and Beauty Blog: Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and Drugstore Beauty Finds

Shadowy Lady

Hurry up tomorrow, I wanna pick up my goodies
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky & Poodle
All this talk about Summer Rose... It makes my doubt weather I should get that instead of Hipness from To the Beach
th_dunno.gif

Any thoughts on that, and maybe a describtion of the differences?

ummm, they're nothing alike. Summer rose is a sheerer product as it's a beauty powder and the colour is a cool pink. Hipness is more coral and it's much more pigmented. Honestly, I cannot think of one thing they have in common

Must have Shell pearl. I got dirty plum and loving it. I am blending it with sun and moon mineralized blush which i thought was amazing.