MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

aradhana

sooooo excited.

this is the first time i love the colours, theme and packaging for a holiday collection. i think i pretty much like everything i see, but realistically speaking, the gloss and pigment sets are not very useful to me.

as for the palettes, i like the packaging and the colours, but they all have minimum one shade i already own...so the only one i could see myself getting would be the purple one. (strangely, i've managed to only have acquired a single satin taupe in my collection thus far.)

i want one of the lip sets (leopard print!!!!!)

glamour daze looks superfab....are those ED blushes???? they look awesome. i will probably skip MM blushes in favour of these....

...oh yeah....and anything that is magenta violet...

the one thing i find odd is that there are pastel nail polishes with superbright lipsticks. not complaining, just surprised...

valkolak

Thank you Naynadine for finding swatches! You're amazing!
So far I'm only really excited for the pink lip bag, the green crushed pigments and the fluidlines/whatever is in those pots. I know some people are getting tired of the crushed metals coming out all the time but I love them to death. I just cannot say no to glittery things. My username should have been magpie.

Yazmin

I just sent an e-mail to my SA to just hold one of everything for me while I decide what I'll want and what I can live without.

lovesongx

The green and purple palettes look ok to me, but it really depends on swatches. One chalky or unpigmented shadow will stop me from buying a palette!

Edit: Just saw the swatches (thanks Naynadine!) and I'm not wowed, but will hold out for more swatches!

Copperhead

I'm still super excited about the lip bags. I want them both! I might even get a brush set. I know, I've heard terrible things about the brush sets, but I need a few spares to use and not have to keep all clean and neat like my 'real' brushes.
That's what I was thinking. I never found the brushes that come in sets to be quite up to par with their individual selling counterparts so I swore off of the sets but a few spares should indeed be useful.

aradhana

I'm still super excited about the lip bags. I want them both! I might even get a brush set. I know, I've heard terrible things about the brush sets, but I need a few spares to use and not have to keep all clean and neat like my 'real' brushes.
i bought one of the holiday brush sets a few years ago, and i was also considering getting another.

the handles on a couple of my brushes from that set held up less well than regular brushes, but you know for the price, i didn't really have any complaints. i like that those brushes are very easy to throw in my makeup bag for travel, or just application on the go, when i can't have my 'real' brushes around. the ones i had problems with were the duo fibre brush (187?), which recently (after 4 years) started falling out of the metal collar (just glued it back). and the concealer brush's wood started to peel after a couple of years. mind you, i use soap and water to clean my brushes -- i think if i had been using brush cleaner, they might have held up longer, since the mositure evaporates quicker.

so yeah, there's a brush kit on my list too....

liba

Thank you Naynadine for finding swatches! You're amazing!
So far I'm only really excited for the pink lip bag, the green crushed pigments and the fluidlines/whatever is in those pots. I know some people are getting tired of the crushed metals coming out all the time but I love them to death. I just cannot say no to glittery things. My username should have been magpie.
I love those Crushed Metals too! I love how sheer and opalescent they are. I'm only going to get the green set - that Club-looking one is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
I've got Moss Green x two, from Surf the Ocean and Butterfly Party. The good thing is, it's one of my all-time favorite highlight colors for evenings out. It looks amazing when applied dry and sheer on the brow bone with strong dark smokey looks using lots of black, dark blues or purples. It's just a sheer green opalescence that doesn't over-accentuate. I wore it out last night, as a matter of fact, with Dark Dare on the lids and winged out, with Raving Mad blended into the crease. Sexy!

It sounds gorgeous! I will definitely try it as a highlight the next time I go out :D

liba

Quote:
It sounds gorgeous! I will definitely try it as a highlight the next time I go out :D
I apply it dry with a 217 in one swipe, after I've done all the rest of the eye, then give it a spritz of Fix+ to set. When I think about it, it's one of my most used CMPs. 'Hope you like it!!!

Liz2012

Omg, the Glamour Daze collection looks amazing!
eyelove.gif
Like many already said, i think i want everything lol. The only thing i'm gonna skip for sure is WoG, already bought that with the ED launch. Will probably buy Superb this time, been having remorse over skipping it so i don't mind at all them being repromoted :) I also like the sets ALOT, will be giving my guy a few hints for possible christmas presents
poke.gif
lol. Will still be getting the Marilyn stuff i was planning to get too, i somehow remain excited for that collection as well :)

Jenrbelt

Please help a girl out who has never experienced any extra dimension products :shock: ...what's the big deal about them? Thx!

pemily

Oh my god I will get all the edes thank god they are minis May try a brush bag The blushes, lippies This is going to be at least a $500 haul!!! Thank god Mac is finally bringing something out to wow me!!! Yay

Genn

I am so happy i decided to pass on the mac illustrated brushes. These one are much cuter.