MAC Illustrated Collection (July 2013)

Odelia

I was reading comments on T's site and someone mentioned that the Indie 184 #2 (black) bag looks like it has butts all over it. Haha, I hadn't even noticed!
The bag has been tainted now...
lmao.gif

Serenityy

I just saw the pictures on T's site, I must say I really like the Anja Kroencke Bag #2. I may just buy it!
smiles.gif

IHughes

They are gorgeous!! But I've noticed on Temtalia's site that the 184 isn't as bright as the promo photo, it seemed more colourful and in her photos it's darker!

jennyap

Quote:Originally Posted by IHughes

They are gorgeous!! But I've noticed on Temtalia's site that the 184 isn't as bright as the promo photo, it seemed more colourful and in her photos it's darker!

I noticed that too, I wonder if she got a duff one, because if you look a the lining of the other Indie 184 bag (which is the same print) it looks way better there, more like the image we'd already seen. Based on her pics, I think I might get the graffiti print one now.

IHughes

I preferred the black one with rounded mac pictures, but I don't like it in Temptalia's photos, I prefer the graffiti one.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I love the graffitti one, but I don't think I'll buy it. The one with the woman with mascara running down is creeping me out. Looks like something out of a ghost horror movie, lol.

allthingsmakeup

Well I see that a lot of people like the graffiti one (me too) but the problem I have with makeupbags is, that they always have so little space...

KaysWays

OK guys so I've never dealt with one of these bag collections. How does this work? I am intrigued by both the brown and plum face kits. Do you get to pick which bag comes with the kit?

Also I've heard complaints about the SE blushes not being as good as the regular brushes. Do you guys find this to be the case? I'm interested in both brush kits. I passed on the Archie brush set because of the complaints I heard about them. Wondering if I should do the same here.

Lastly, I want to see how the nudes will be for us WOC. I prefer more of a pinky nude tone like Snob or Haute Altitude

Love the look of that graffiti bag though

martiangurll

OK guys so I've never dealt with one of these bag collections. How does this work? I am intrigued by both the brown and plum face kits. Do you get to pick which bag comes with the kit?

Also I've heard complaints about the SE blushes not being as good as the regular brushes. Do you guys find this to be the case? I'm interested in both brush kits. I passed on the Archie brush set because of the complaints I heard about them. Wondering if I should do the same here.

Lastly, I want to see how the nudes will be for us WOC. I prefer more of a pinky nude tone like Snob or Haute Altitude

Love the look of that graffiti bag though
the illustrated bags are purchased separately. the make up kits come with a bag, but it probably isn't one with a design on it, although the Julie Verthoven ones last year had a caricature face on them. the kits are usually a good value, but most often have at least one permanent or repromoted item, so unless you love it or want a back up, you have to check your stash to see if you are duplicating s/t. then, they usually have a new or harder to find item, and you have to decide if you want to buy the dupe and/or the whole set, just to get the HTF item! So, they're a mixed bag, pardon the pun. if the bags come with brushes, then the brushes are machine made, and the quality isn't as good, but usually a fair deal for the price and they usually have cute handles. I think really for collectors or those who really like the design IMHO.

I should add this is speculation until we get the full color story and promo pictures but this is what I think based on the JV Illustrated collexn last year. Also, it is probably Nordies exclusive??

I like the bag with the "butts" on it but I like the deeper pink bag with graffitti/street art design better, so I will probably snatch it up.

KaysWays

the illustrated bags are purchased separately.  the make up kits come with a bag, but it probably isn't one with a design on it, although the Julie Verthoven ones last year had a caricature face on them.  the kits are usually a good value, but most often have at least one permanent or repromoted item, so unless you love it or want a back up, you have to check your stash to see if you are duplicating s/t.  then, they usually have a new or harder to find item, and you have to decide if you want to buy the dupe and/or the whole set, just to get the HTF item!  So, they're a mixed bag, pardon the pun.  if the bags come with brushes, then the brushes are machine made, and the quality isn't as good, but usually a fair deal for the price and they usually have cute handles.  I think really for collectors or those who really like the design IMHO. I should add this is speculation until we get the full color story and promo pictures but this is what I think based on the JV Illustrated collexn last year.  Also, it is probably Nordies exclusive?? I like the bag with the "butts" on it but I like the deeper pink bag with graffitti/street art design better, so I will probably snatch it up.
Thanks so much for all the info!!! The graffiti bag caught my eye but as a newbie both the blushes in the face bags I wanted and think it'll be a good value. Also I just love brushes period so that's why I was interested in the brush kits.

martiangurll

Thanks so much for all the info!!! The graffiti bag caught my eye but as a newbie both the blushes in the face bags I wanted and think it'll be a good value. Also I just love brushes period so that's why I was interested in the brush kits.
As a newbie, they are a great way to build up the stash for less than the products would cost individually. and yeah, the bags are so cute and IMO good quality. I know most real brush afficienados don't love the SE brushes, but for the most part mine work just fine, maybe shed more than the full size ones, but they are usually a good deal, a good way to get a brush collection started and to test out if you want to get a full size one later.

xasperadastra

I like the one with the curly girl!! but I'd like to see a version of it with some products inside, so I can justify the purchase!

Latest posts