MAC Illustrated Collection (July 2013)

missmeghan

Slightly shoddy swatches.

In-store lighting

Natural lighting (note: I goofed and mixed up Orb and ATG in this-- ATG is 1, Orb is 3)

Lip bags (pink bag on top, nude on bottom).Glosses melted off in the heat before I got a good photo. :(

MACina

Thank you so much for sharinge these swatches
bouquet.gif

I am interested in both lip bags even though I do already have several items that are included.
Nude Proof looks very pretty and makes me really want the Nude Bag.
The Pink Bag appeals much to me too because I want another BU of Embrace Me l/l and I need Picture Pink gloss
(+ I love GAT).

The l/l should be full size. Swatch will be posted when I get home from work soon!

missmeghan

I like the pink lip bag-- the nude one seems so mediocre to me.

Showstopper probably won't get much use, it seems pretty lame to me lol. Smoked Sepia is gorgeous though, and ATG.

Addict4MAC

Thank you missmeghan! Not sure how I feel about the face kits. BUT I will get both lip bags.
Slightly shoddy swatches.

In-store lighting

Natural lighting (note: I goofed and mixed up Orb and ATG in this-- ATG is 1, Orb is 3)

Lip bags (pink bag on top, nude on bottom).Glosses melted off in the heat before I got a good photo. :(

KMQE716

I'm confused i think.

So Illustrated Collection is up on MAC:
https://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/11312/New-Collections/Illustrated/index.tmpl

but it has none of the stuff you all have posted? so is the Nordstrom one called Illustrated too or something else?

Suhsealeh

I went out on a limb and bought the curly girl makeup bag. I feel totally guilty... but at the same time the art was so tempting... I HAD TO.

Addict4MAC

I'm confused i think.

So Illustrated Collection is up on MAC:
https://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/11312/New-Collections/Illustrated/index.tmpl

but it has none of the stuff you all have posted? so is the Nordstrom one called Illustrated too or something else?
The "collection" is a Nordstrom exclusive, which makes me believe that the makeup is going to be only available there (online/stores). However the designed bags will be available MAC/Nordstroms (online/stores).
th_dunno.gif

ETA: This why they should have used the same designs we've seen (graffiti/girls) on the Nordstrom bags/images to keep things consistent. Now it seems like two separate collections.

brittbby

Hugh I missed my window to get the graffiti bag! Dang it! Will this be available at mac stores and counters or only mac stores?

KaysWays

Still can't justify buying a $36 makeup bag.
I can't believe just the bags sold out, I don't see myself paying $35 for the bag alone. I do agree they should have used the same designs because I love the look of the graffiti bag too. Thanks to missmeghan's swatches I do want the nude lip bag, I already have girl about town but since I love that lippie it may justify me getting the pink lip bag as well. Still want the 5 pc brush set too. I think that's all for now.

missmeghan

OH, I should add that, for anyone not liking that they put shadows and lippies in the same palette, the lippies have a little clear plastic cover so powder can't get in.