MAC - In the Groove Discussion

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
Okay after 2 failed thread searches, I am gonna ask & hope this isn't a repeat but has anyone compared Go For It to Lavender whip? What's the story glory?

th_confused_new.gif

Hope this is helpful:
1740755.PNG

I guess I'm the only one here who's weird enough to own two purple lipsticks!
lol.gif

Umm, I also own Violetta, come to think of it!
blush-anim-cl.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
Hope this is helpful:
1740755.PNG

lol.gif

blush-anim-cl.gif

thank you. it looks to me like LW would be more wearable, but I think I need both (and Violetta too!)

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
it looks to me like LW would be more wearable, but I think I need both (and Violetta too!)

Yeah, if you like purply lipsticks, you need both, and you definitely need Violetta!
Shoot!
That reminds me, I'd intended to swatch Violetta, too, in that photo, but I forgot!
th_wallbash.gif

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Hope this is helpful:
1740755.PNG

lol.gif

blush-anim-cl.gif

Your not alone! I have Fashion Mews, Go For It, Up the Amp, and Lavender Whip
greengrin.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Your not alone! I have Fashion Mews, Go For It, Up the Amp, and Lavender Whip
greengrin.gif

Oh, my! You're about to overtake me, in the purple lipstick department!
icon_eek.gif

BUT, it occurs to me that, in addition to Go For It, Lavender Whip, and Violetta, I also own Night Violet, Odyssey, and Orchidazzle, and Makeup For Ever's Rouge Artist Intense #15 is in the mail to me from Sephora.
So I'm still the weirdest, by a small margin!
lol.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
icon_eek.gif

BUT, it occurs to me that, in addition to Go For It, Lavender Whip, and Violetta, I also own Night Violet, Odyssey, and Orchidazzle, and Makeup For Ever's Rouge Artist Intense #15 is in the mail to me from Sephora.
lol.gif

Purple lipsticks, you say?

Up the Amp, Blooming Lovely, Violetta, Go For It, Lavender Whip, Purple Rite, Hellraiser, High Top, Night Violet, Kirsch, Sin, Cyber, Faultlessly F/W

That's not counting mauve or plum colours, either... Nor is it counting glosses.

mac_addict.gif
team_purple.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred

Up the Amp, Blooming Lovely, Violetta, Go For It, Lavender Whip, Purple Rite, Hellraiser, High Top, Night Violet, Kirsch, Sin, Cyber, Faultlessly F/W

That's not counting mauve or plum colours, either... Nor is it counting glosses.

mac_addict.gif
team_purple.gif

I'm thoroughly humbled.
th_worship.gif

I'll report on my impressions of Makeup For Ever Rouge Artist Intense #15, maybe in the "Purple" thread.

LittleMaryJane

I want to get Violetta when it comes out with VV. As much as I don't like the special packaging, I want it in the special packaging. Hahaha. I'm Captain Logical.

Face2Mac

Quote:
icon_eek.gif

lol.gif

How does Go For it compare to Orchidazzle or Purple Rite, if you have PR. I wanted Go For it but I have Orchidazzle, Purple Rite, Violetta, Blooming Lovely, all special in their own way and didn't want a dupe.

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
How does Go For it compare to Orchidazzle or Purple Rite, if you have PR. I wanted Go For it but I have Orchidazzle, Purple Rite, Violetta, Blooming Lovely, all special in their own way and didn't want a dupe.

GFI is very different from Purple Rite, it is much cooler and really violet in colour, where PR is more magenta and rosey purple, less strong/bright colour and also sheerer than GFI.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac

I have three of those and GFI is easily distinguishable from them all. It's probably most similar to Violetta, but it's considerably more subdued, has a glossier finish (Cremesheen vs. Amplified Cream) and is leans noticeably cooler (bluer).

It's darker and more purple than BL and it's almost entirely different from PR (deeper purple, creamier, no frost).

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I want to get Violetta when it comes out with VV. As much as I don't like the special packaging, I want it in the special packaging. Hahaha. I'm Captain Logical.

I'm hardly in a position to criticize.
I already own Violetta, but I want a backup in the special packaging, so it will stand out in my sea of black MAC bullets.
Nobody who owns that many lipsticks could be accused of being "logical!"
lol.gif

And it may seem kind of goofy to back up a product that's permanent, but MAC's practice of abruptly discontuing even "permanent" products unnerves me, and Violetta is my dream purple lipstick.
love.gif

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
icon_eek.gif

lol.gif

Oh yeah I have Night Violet also I forgot about that...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred

mac_addict.gif
team_purple.gif

OHHHHHHH nice! That reminds me again that I also have Purple Rite, Blooming Lovely, Hellraiser, and Night Violet. I just put all my lippies and glosses in a shoe box plastic bin thing but I haven't organized them yet! I may have more for all I know
shockt.gif
th_wink3.gif

liba

Quote:
I'm thoroughly humbled.
th_worship.gif

I'll report on my impressions of Makeup For Ever Rouge Artist Intense #15, maybe in the "Purple" thread.

please do - that color looks
shockt.gif
amazing and insane!

As HerGreyness has mentioned, there's lots of purple on the way for 2011 - including a true purple with a new formula that's very sheer - she wasn't sure if it's actually for MAC or another company, though.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
please do - that color looks
shockt.gif
amazing and insane!

Okay, here's Makeup For Ever's Rouge Artist Intense #15, along with various MAC purple lipsticks, including Violetta and Go For It side by side:

1742516.PNG

PinkBasset

I have to say I'm impressed with these new MES. They are in a totally different league comparing to the old formula.
smiles.gif
I used Soften the Mood today with the dark brown from Love To Love, pretty and simple neutral look.

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I have to say I'm impressed with these new MES. They are in a totally different league comparing to the old formula.
smiles.gif
I used Soften the Mood today with the dark brown from Love To Love, pretty and simple neutral look.

ITA! I used Togetherness yesterday and I even used the shadows dry, no wetting required and they were gorgeous! I did use them over a cream color base but they were way more pigmented than I thought they'd be! Yeah MAC

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
smiles.gif

YAY! I'm so glad you tried them and agree.

I actually use my MES from this collection...it's amazing!
lol.gif