MAC - Lightfully Bright Discussion

laylalovesmac

Damn! I was hoping to be able to resist a CP, but now that they're available here, I may have to pick up a few. We'll see if I can skip.

vintageroses

Sorry I'm slow on this, i can't use specktra at home :/ So I guess you girls won't be needing a CP right? :) If you still do just PM me!

JennsJewelz

I almost got Atmospheric, but decided to splurge another Peacocky lipcolour instead. I did, however, pick up the Lightful Deep Moisture, Lotion and Essence because I am about a week away from finishing my everyday serum and moisturizers - I've been curious about these for a while now, so it was the perfect opportunity! :)

singer82

Crap! lol I'm loving all these. I was gonna go crazy on the Jeanius lippies.
mac_atemywallet.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
OK, so I'm an idiot... I ended up ordering all four...

I did find this link, which has one opinion on dupes:

http://www.usamakeupsamples.com/mac-lightfully-bright-collection-swatches/

I have to say that when I saw "Palatial" listed as a dupe, my heart beat harder. Palatial is my all-time favourite pink gloss and I want to cry every time I think of the fact that I'll never be able to buy it again. Of course, this new one lacks the green shimmer that makes Palatial so special, but still...

Of the other ones she mentions, I don't have Snowscene or Utterly Discrete (although I've kicked myself over the latter) and, while I do own Best of Breed... the number of blue lip products I own is really dwarfed by, say, the red ones... So having one more shouldn't be a big deal, right?

LMD84

OMG I hope that the UK get the lipglasses online at least too! I have had my eyse on Ethereal and Astro Cool from day 1!!!
we best be getting them! i think we shall perhaps get them along with peacocky next month. which is great because i love the glosses and need all of them!

laylalovesmac

The more I think about these, the more I think I may splurge and get all four of them. Just hope they don't sell out right away because I can't order until this weekend.

laylalovesmac

I've been really into both matte lips and sheer-ish lips lately, so these will be even hard to pass up if they are the latter!

katred

Specktra Bestie
They look like they'll be really sheer.
I'm prepared for that... I won't mind too much if I can just wear them as a light wash of colour. My other trick with sheer colour is to pat just a little bit of concealer on my lips and then use a pale gloss. Makes the colour a bit more pronounced and it's great for what I call a "snow queen" look.

LMD84

oh yeah i dont care if they are sheer. i can imagine doing a nice etherial look with the glosses and having super sheer and shiney eyes in pale colours to go with them :)

laylalovesmac

^Lou, you just sold me on them!
heart.gif

Now to figure out how to afford something I wasn't at all planning for. Looks like I'll be skipping WW, which I'm actually more than okay with.

2browneyes

I think I just jumped on the bandwagon too thanks to Katred's idea with the concealer and Lou's idea as well. Wonder if I can B2M for these...