MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

OctoberViolet

ladyarwen, you look beautiful!!! Thank you for showing Prince Noir. It looks amazing on you. How did you find putting it on since it's a matte?
I'm about your coloring so I think the shade will suit me just fine. I do wish it had just a tad more purple blue in it, but ... that's MAC for you.
th_dunno.gif

Here he is...Prince Noir! I paired him with my Surf the Ocean stack's gold and dark blue/green on the eyes. I'm itching for Stunner, Mythical and Carbonized to get here so I can do a look with those and Runaway Red.

peachsuns

What a beautiful look, nessafoo! You're so gorgeous!
You're making me want Mythical now.
girlhaha.gif

Agree. Haha!
girlhaha.gif

Guess what. I got my first full sized brushes from MAC today! I'm so excited! I got 226 and 214. My MUA helped me to choose the most tapered 226 from the bunch. She's so sweet! I have a Stila blending brush. It's nice, but bigger and sometimes gets messy. I cannot wait to try the new brushes.
th_DANCE.gif

I still think about Moleskin. It's gorgeous. But I really don't wear browns.
sigh.gif
Any thoughts?

shontay07108

Took a trip to my local Mac store today and I got 3 shadesticks: Cakeshop, Heirloom and Street Cool. I decided I needed Street Cool because it's so similar to Satin Taupe(which I now love because I have learned what to wear with it) and it was so creamy. Heirloom looks exactly the way it does in Karla's swatches and that's what I was hoping for. It's a really interesting "dirty" pink. Cakeshop is a color I have always loved and even though it wasn't as creamy as the other two, I decided I had to have it anyway. I swatched the Lady Grey quad, but I was only impressed with the last shade in the quad. The rest were duds on my skin. Then, I swatched Seaside CCB. It was a pretty color when applied heavy, but when I went to blend it turned into a frosty sheer dud. Take Root CCB was too dark for my liking. Looked like mud on my skin. Didn't care for the shimmer in it either. None of the lipsticks or glosses interested me. The one thing I am thinking of now though, is Mythical shadow. I swatched it and kept it moving only to realize it's pretty gorgeous. I don't usually go for colors like that because I don't think they look good on me, but this one is seriously pretty and seems like it would be more flattering on me. While I was there, the store manager told me I should be receiving an invite for a Sept event showcasing 4 collections. He gave me his card and said to call if I don't receive the invite. I think he said I should get it by the 10th? Well, I'll just call anyway because I need to get in there and see everything. Two of those collections are Matchmaster and Fall Color. Don't recall the other two.

Icecaramellatte

Here of pics of me wearing mythical, carbonized , dark diversion and peachstock. Mythical is AMAZING!! Its like star violet and coppering had a baby. Must have in my opinion!!

Great minds think alike! I was planning to pair Mythical and Carbonized too. I was thinking a 3rd color would be nice but couldn't decide on one. Which gold color did you use for this look? The whole look is wonderful.

BTW - I thought Mythical looked a bit like Brash from the Spiced Chocolate quad. But I swatched them side by side last night and they were in the same family but not the same. Mythical looked almost pink next to Brash. Brash has a orange/copper cast while Mythical has a pink cast to it.

Also, I agree with Elegant (I think it was Elegant) that Center stage has more red in it than Carbonized.

I really wanted to try the Mythical/Carbonized combo today but I was wearing purple clothes so I thought I should try the Lady Grey quad since I haven't used it yet. I put All Races all over, Tendersmoke on the lid and Lady Grey in the crease. Dark Diversion on upper lid applied with 211. Pet Me Blush and Social Light lipglass. I liked the look but I'm definitely not use to light eyes and light lips so I ended up with Chanel Pleasing glossimer over the Social Light. Next time I might just go with Plum Fun instead.

xasperadastra

While I was there, the store manager told me I should be receiving an invite for a Sept event showcasing 4 collections. He gave me his card and said to call if I don't receive the invite. I think he said I should get it by the 10? Well, I'll just call anyway because I need to get in there and see everything. Two of those collections are Matchmaster and Fall Color. Don't recall the other two.
Maybe Posh paradise? *___* or styledriven, art of powder ....

Allura Beauty

Agree. Haha!
girlhaha.gif

Guess what. I got my first full sized brushes from MAC today! I'm so excited! I got 226 and 214. My MUA helped me to choose the most tapered 226 from the bunch. She's so sweet! I have a Stila blending brush. It's nice, but bigger and sometimes gets messy. I cannot wait to try the new brushes.
th_DANCE.gif

I still think about Moleskin. It's gorgeous. But I really don't wear browns.
sigh.gif
Any thoughts?

It's a great crease color, even if you don't wear it as the main color on the lids.

nessafoo

Great minds think alike! I was planning to pair Mythical and Carbonized too. I was thinking a 3rd color would be nice but couldn't decide on one. Which gold color did you use for this look? The whole look is wonderful.
BTW - I thought Mythical looked a bit like Brash from the Spiced Chocolate quad. But I swatched them side by side last night and they were in the same family but not the same. Mythical looked almost pink next to Brash. Brash has a orange/copper cast while Mythical has a pink cast to it.

Also, I agree with Elegant (I think it was Elegant) that Center stage has more red in it than Carbonized.

I really wanted to try the Mythical/Carbonized combo today but I was wearing purple clothes so I thought I should try the Lady Grey quad since I haven't used it yet. I put All Races all over, Tendersmoke on the lid and Lady Grey in the crease. Dark Diversion on upper lid applied with 211. Pet Me Blush and Social Light lipglass. I liked the look but I'm definitely not use to light eyes and light lips so I ended up with Chanel Pleasing glossimer over the Social Light. Next time I might just go with Plum Fun instead.

Thank you! I was going to use Outre in the crease but I havent gotten my package of it yet. I swatched it last night at the mac counter and really like it. I had ordered it online when the collection launched because I didnt want to sleep on it and miss out. I back 2 mac'd for both mythical and carbonized and was not dissapointed! I was worried carbonized would be similar to Glamour check , darkhorse , hustle and mulch , but it is completely different. It is very smoothe and while other dark browns can tend to turn black once blended , carbonized stayed that pretty brown color. I was very happy with it. The color on my tear duct is gold mine from mac.
Thank you everyone for the sweet comments. I am really loving my purchases! I hope you all have fun with your goodies!!

nessafoo

Wow! Very pretty nessafoo! You've probably just sold a few women who were deciding on whether or not to get Mythical or Carbonized. LOL!

Thank you!! And yes go get them ladies! I was on the fence but they are definately unique enough to have for all you mac collectors!!

nessafoo

Nessafoo the look is gorgeous! I can't wait til my carbonized comes today! I didn't get mythical but I want to try this look substituting mythical with cranberry eyeshadow
Thank you! You will love it! Mythical is very similar to cranberry , just lighter and more pink then red. If you have mythology I found them very similar as well. Cranberry and Carbonized sound like an awesome combo!!

Icecaramellatte

Thank you! I was going to use Outre in the crease but I havent gotten my package of it yet. I swatched it last night at the mac counter and really like it. I had ordered it online when the collection launched because I didnt want to sleep on it and miss out. I back 2 mac'd for both mythical and carbonized and was not dissapointed! I was worried carbonized would be similar to Glamour check , darkhorse , hustle and mulch , but it is completely different. It is very smoothe and while other dark browns can tend to turn black once blended , carbonized stayed that pretty brown color. I was very happy with it. The color on my tear duct is gold mine from mac. Thank you everyone for the sweet comments. I am really loving my purchases! I hope you all have fun with your goodies!!
Ah Goldmine, of course! One of the only golds I don't own. I don't know why I have dragged my heels on that one. I think Mac often has a gold in its limited edition collections so I always go with that. I really need to revisit the permanent collection.

Copperhead

Thank you!! And yes go get them ladies! I was on the fence but they are definately unique enough to have for all you mac collectors!!
I hadn't intended on getting Mythical until the MA got me to take a closer look at it. LOL! Glad she did. I knew going in that I would want Carbonized but totally didn't anticipate getting Mythical.

hoshiakari_

I tried on Smoked Purple earlier and it did not feel dry or tug on my lips, I love the color!
I'm probably going to be a bit shy when I wear it out, but I'll be rocking it... once the weather cools down. ;D

Rinstar

I'm wearing Mythical today with Solar White as a highlight and Spectacle of Yourself in the crease. Mythical is amazing, if you have green eyes, you NEED it! I have green eyes and i just dyed my hair a deep red. This look is REALLY flattering on me, I'm thinking of backing up Mythical!

Piarpreet

i wore mythical with carbonized and waterproof mascara and it survived the pool...I love velux pearls... and ya it's true coppering and starviolet had a baby. Did the swatching and damn so true.. thats why i doubt id get a backup. Soooooo similar.

Carbonized though its weird they dont have a perm "dupe' for it, cos it seems to be a very basic deep brown with a bit of shine that NEEDs to be perm.... any ideas?

OctoberViolet

yahoo.gif
Tx hoshiakari!!!!! I'm looking forward to my Smoked Purple lipstick now. Fingers crossed I get it tonight.

I tried on Smoked Purple earlier and it did not feel dry or tug on my lips, I love the color!
I'm probably going to be a bit shy when I wear it out, but I'll be rocking it... once the weather cools down. ;D

peachsuns

It's a great crease color, even if you don't wear it as the main color on the lids.

Thanks! I guess I'll make another trip to my counter tomorrow.
lol.gif

Allura, which one is your favorite from your collection?
cutey.gif

Any thoughts on Stunner, everyone? How did you like it?