MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

lmcmullen

I got part 2 of my haul in today - the Lady Grey quad, Avenue fluidline, and the Cakeshop shade stick.

My feelings about them:

Lady Grey quad - love it. I use colors like that for everyday looks for work, and I know I will get a lot of use out of it. I LOVE the gray-green color of Lady Grey, it matches my eye color.
Avenue fluid line - another love, though I need practice applying it.
Cakeshop - Meh. By itself it goes on somehow sheer and glittery at the same time, very odd. But as a base for Lady Grey it's great, so that's how I'll probably get the most use out of it.

I don't think I'd buy another Shadestick though, if they're all like that.

foxxylatina07

I think that pic makes you live up to the Foxxy title for sure! Beautiful
Oh, look it matches hubs shirt
girlhaha.gif
how cute is that

Aww thank you Elegant that means alot. About hubby well it wasn't even planned it just happend lol

beckyjo

I have never used Fluidlines before, but I swatched Avenue and was so taken by it, that I had to purchase it. I bought the 211 as well.

OMG. I AM FREAKING HOOKED! The color is amazing, and and the brush/gel liner worked perfectly. I am a huge fan of liquid liner, so it was fairly easy for me to play around with this type. The shimmer is beautiful and the color looks like a nice dark olivey golden brownish black. :) I am now thinking about Dark Diversion and maybe even the regular ol' black one!!

OBSESSED!!

lmcmullen

Ugh, I think I'm going to send Cakeshop back. I can't seem to make it work. It's tough, dry, and is dropping glitter all over my face.

I'll tackle it once more in the AM and if it's still this ornery off to the post office it goes.

madeinbrklyn

Surprisingly I bought some stuff from this collection, and I'm liking all of it.

3 fluidlines (Dark Envy, Midnight Blues, and Avenue)
2 shadesticks (Cakeshop and Street Cool)
Quiet Time Nail Lacquer
2 lipglasses (Curvaceous and Wee Coquette)

aradhana

i feel like it's a bit too warm around here for me to really feel ready to wear most of this collection, but i love everything i bought...and was surprised by some items i had discounted at first because i assumed they'd be unsuitable to my skintone!

Icecaramellatte

i wore mythical with carbonized and waterproof mascara and it survived the pool...I love velux pearls... and ya it's true coppering and starviolet had a baby. Did the swatching and damn so true.. thats why i doubt id get a backup. Soooooo similar.

Carbonized though its weird they dont have a perm "dupe' for it, cos it seems to be a very basic deep brown with a bit of shine that NEEDs to be perm.... any ideas?
I went through my single brown shades and I thought Buckwheat was pretty close to Carbonized when I swatched it on my hand. I think they might have been different finishes as well. But I'm pretty sure Buckwheat was limited edition. I didn't check my quad shadows though.

GlamQueen21

I went to see this collection in person yesterday and ended up with:

Mythical e/s
Carbonized e/s
226 brush
Offshoot l/s

I swatched the Lady Grey Quad and it swatched pretty good but didn't interest me at all since I'm waiting for the swatches of both Angel Flame and Parlor Smoke Quads for the Fall Color Collection. I swatched Runaway Red and it looked so amazing! Thinking about getting it but not sure yet. I also swatched Dark Envy fluidline and also thinking about getting it. I even ordered Moleskin e/s online since I have to have it and will compare it with UD Naked. I also swatched Secret Lover and it was too pale for my skintone and it was originally on my list but decided to skip it. Overall, this collection was okay to me and I might place an order on Social Light lipglass if it's still online by next week. Thanks to Piarpreet, I'm going to try Mythical and Carbonized together for a fall smokey eye look!

ladyarwen

It applied just fine, no tugging or pulling. However, it is dryyyyyyy. My lips are begging for some balm right now. I'll need to remember to apply some whenever I wear it from now on. Great staying power, also. Hasn't faded at all from six hours of running around at work.

YODEE

So I got my 226 from Nordstrom shipped to my house today. (Yay!!) Unbelievably whoever packed my brushes taped down the end of the plastic sleeve but in doing so they bent the bristles almost in half. Why in the world would anyone do this? I cannot believe anyone would lack so much common sense. Ugh!!! Anyone else have this problem? I called customer service and they offered to exchange it but since they are sold out that's not an option. She did give me permission to wash it and if that doesn't work I'd still be allowed to return it. Does anyone know if the bristles will straighten out on its own or should I just return it?

LMD84

oh dear! yes mac have done something different with this brush bcause it looks nothing like my original either!