MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

LMD84

Well, I think Surf Baby was a solid, summery collection and the eye shadows are real stars. And Bloggers' Obsessions actually has some gems. But comparatively, yes, I'd say that it looks like someone at Mac HQ woke up in the midst of planning the Fall collections and decided it was time to get back to work. The Spring collections were pretty disappointing to me, in the summer, things have sort of started to get moving and it looks like Fall will be awesome.
oh yes - i think surf baby was a great collection too, same for semi precious. but for the most part this year has been very passable. :)

BeckyBenett

i loved SB! their eyeshadows were yummy! i have been using the same eyeshadow combo for a few days straight now.. saffron and surf usa... with naked lunch and sometimes paparazz-she! loving the eyeshadows! and hibiscus + strange potion =
heart.gif

SP has also been great thus far! but i agree that the earlier part of the year has been quite blah.. (hmm.. but i did like peacocky! sad i missed out on MC but yup! Those two were great!) I wonder if the prolongwear eyeshadows are like the MMs..

pemily

I really hope to fall in love with this collection!! I like a lot of things but I have to limit myself because we'll soon see another big fall collection... I want to but two or three fluidlines (dark diversion and avenue for sure!!) because I don't have one and almost everyone loves them! the Lady gray quad seems stunning although it's a cool quad and I usually prefer warm tones.. I'm attracted by Runaway red and prince noir...but I don't usually wear vampy lips so maybe I should skip Prince noir.. I love the two CCB and I hope I can afford both^^^ Also the 226 must be mine muahahahah.... on my supermaybe list there is the equilibrium blush...I'm not interest in stunner because from the description it looks like all the other coral blush I have....(I usually say this and end up buying it anyway....)..... I'm not really interested in lipglasses!

i have dark diversion and i love it as a lid color!!!

wishonastar

I love Dark Diversion too, it is really nice when I don't want to wear much colour but don't want just black liner so can use that instead.

xasperadastra

hip hip hurray for fluidlines then! what brush should I use with them? I was thinking about an angled brush such as the 266!

tismama

i want peachstock and one of the blushes or cream color bases. this collection cant come soon enough

xasperadastra

After looking at your swatches, Lou, I really like porcelain pink!!!!! It has a beautiful warm undertone *___* I could easily skip Lightscapade for this! We'll seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

QueenOfSnark

OK, I stand corrected about my comment on the summer collections. ^^; I personally just wasn't as wowed by Surf Baby as I was by To The Beach.

Back on topic though, if this is indeed an August collection I hope we start getting swatches soon. I know this has been said a bajillion times, but while I understand from a business perspective MAC putting a tighter leash on their info, it doesn't help me as a consumer plan my (tiny) budget. <_<

katred

Specktra Bestie
OK, I stand corrected about my comment on the summer collections. ^^; I personally just wasn't as wowed by Surf Baby as I was by To The Beach.

Back on topic though, if this is indeed an August collection I hope we start getting swatches soon. I know this has been said a bajillion times, but while I understand from a business perspective MAC putting a tighter leash on their info, it doesn't help me as a consumer plan my (tiny) budget. <_<
I do agree that To the Beach was the superior collection, for sure. But I don't think that there's a single collection this year that I've liked as much as its equivalent collection last year.

I would hope that we get swatches soon. While I understand that Mac don't want people knocking them off, information is available on pretty much every other competitor's Fall offerings, including photos.

shadowaddict

Quote: Originally Posted by katred
I would hope that we get swatches soon. While I understand that Mac don't want people knocking them off, information is available on pretty much every other competitor's Fall offerings, including photos.

So very true. They need to keep up so people won't plan their $ for another brand because of no info.

Come on MAC step it up.

Latest posts