MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

PinkBasset

Oh yeah I know. I should have phrased that better. I meant that I haven't tried the 209 at all compared to the 210, I actually have a real techniques brush which is similar in shape as far as I know so don't need the 209. I still prefer my Bobbi Brown ones though. I have tried angle brushes too but can't get on with them, I do use them sometimes to put eyeshadow along my lower lashes or I use them on the occasion that I use shadow through my brows but normally I use pencil.
How's that Real Techniques brush? :)

EmWyllie

It's very similar in the US, though I see MAC's point as LE l/s will most likely sell out anyway.

Odd. In Canada they allow you to B2M for any lipstick in 'black' packaging. I.E. Anything that's not special packaging. Same goes for stores with Lipglass and Eyeshadow. I was able to get two of the Mickey Contractor shadows with B2M.

GlamQueen21

This collection is what I'm going to wait for. Hope that this will blow Makeup Art Cosmetics and Fabulous Felines out of the water.

panther27

I saw some pics on princess beaudy's blog!
http://princessebeudy.fr/2011/07/mac-make-me-over-collection/

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the link :)

I kinda like the quad, but I expected it to be darker somehow. If Hazy Day was a single eyeshadow, I'd probably buy it.

Ernie

She says she found a bag on the subway with this unreleased Mac stuff in it! crazy

Thanks for the link, I like the neutral palette.

QueenOfSnark

Boo, the Lady Grey quad looks too light for me. I agree with Naynadine, if Hazy Day were single I'd buy it. Unsure about Moleskin now as well, it might go ashy on my skintone. I totally didn't see the Fluidlines on the list before, and now I'm intrigued. Never used a gel/pot eyeliner before...how are the fluidlines as far as staying power goes?

MAChostage

Moleskin's kind of looking like UD's Naked to me, or maybe more like a shade in between it and UD's Buck (from the Naked Palette). I'm wondering how close Delft p/p is to Midnight Blues fluidline.

Mac-Guy

With two repromotes, the quad is rather "meh." Most of us already have All Races and Tendersmoke in our stash... It's still a pretty neutral quad.

katred

Specktra Bestie

Thanks! The quad looks strangely like someone left the Quite Cute quad sitting out in the sun. It's nice, but it's very soft. I can't really imagine doing a look with just those colours. I'd need something to sort of deepen the crease or the corners... That's just me. I'm a little disturbed at how much a couple of the colours look like lustres rather than frosts or Veluxe Pearls.

Although she says it's different, that fluidline looks exactly like Siahi to me.

shadowaddict

Thanks! The quad looks strangely like someone left the Quite Cute quad sitting out in the sun. It's nice, but it's very soft. I can't really imagine doing a look with just those colours. I'd need something to sort of deepen the crease or the corners... That's just me. I'm a little disturbed at how much a couple of the colours look like lustres rather than frosts or Veluxe Pearls.

Although she says it's different, that fluidline looks exactly like Siahi to me.

Me too. I wanted to see more VP's.

I thought the same thing on the fluidline also.

missah

If only my limited french was a bit better... nothing seems tempting though... I will most likely stick with my pre-lim list and cross stuff off when there are swatches.
[h=3]Lipstick[/h]
  • Peachstock Neutral peach (Satin) (Permanent at PRO)
  • Offshoot Mid-tone neutral pink (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
  • Runaway Red Rich red-blue (Satin) (Limited Edition)
[h=3]Lipglass[/h]
  • Illicit Creamy neutral pink (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
or

• Social Light Neutral pink with pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)
or

• The Wee Coquette Naked neutral pink (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
[h=3]Shadesticks[/h]
  • Cakeshop Frosted pewter (Repromote) (Limited Edition)

[h=3]Fluidline[/h]
  • Avenue Charcoal black with gold pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)

[h=3]Blush[/h]
  • Stunner Light coral pink (Satin) (Limited Edition)
[h=3]Brushes[/h]
  • 226 Small Tapered Blending Brush ($TBA) (Limited Edition)