MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

xasperadastra

this for USA should launch in late august (september for europe) so we'll probably see swatches in the middle of august... of course I hope they appear soon!!! And I don't know how to the beach was (I wasn't already mad about mac) but this year I've really loved Peacocky, surf baby and MAC me over seems really a star collection to my small eyes XD with Cindy S. I'll be a poor penniless girl

Edelmc

Can anybody shed some light on shadesticks in general?
I haven't tried them before. Are they like using paint pots or aqua creams?

xasperadastra

Can anybody shed some light on shadesticks in general?
I haven't tried them before. Are they like using paint pots or aqua creams?
during my first approach to Mac I really liked them(but never bought one), now I don't really feel the need to have them.. they should be eyeshadow in stick form

Mac-Guy

during my first approach to Mac I really liked them(but never bought one), now I don't really feel the need to have them.. they should be eyeshadow in stick form
I bet they will compete with the new cream e/s, although the sticks are probably easier to apply.

PinkBasset

I love both 209 and 210, those are the best eyeliner brushes for me! :) 210 when I want super thin line, 209 when I want a medium thick to bold with less work.

xasperadastra

I love both 209 and 210, those are the best eyeliner brushes for me! :) 210 when I want super thin line, 209 when I want a medium thick to bold with less work.

mmm so the 209 should be easier to use, shouldn't it? I need something easy to use, because I don't think I'm so good with eyeliner brushes
sneaky.gif

BeckyBenett

i bought peachstock lippie yesterday at the mac counter! LOVING it! and i want to see a proper colour story with images for this collection!

romi79_2008

209 is a no brainer, I barely use 210 ( knowing what I know now wouldn`t buy it) but reach for 209 95% when I use a fluidline
210 is thin and soft, 209 is thicker , just my option
Edit:
Did I mention that I have all Mac brush liners 208-209-210-212-263-266? And yeah 209 is my favorite for gelliners
mmm so the 209 should be easier to use, shouldn't it? I need something easy to use, because I don't think I'm so good with eyeliner brushes
sneaky.gif

wishonastar

sneaky.gif
Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Liner Brush is my favourite. You can do both thick and thin lines and everything in between with it. You can even smudge with it if you want your liner more smokey. I have 4, yes 4 of them! I use them all the time. They are pointed at the tip and thicker at the base yet flat at the same time. You can use it one way for a thick line or twist it around for a thinner line or use the very tip of it for a little flick. You can use eyeshadow on it too if you want a soft line. You can turn the brush so that it points towards your forehead and use the flat side to smudge along the liner. An all round versatile brush. I use it on my waterline too with the gel liner. I have the 210 brush which is great if you want very very precise liner or an extra fine line close to your lashes or a very fine flick. I've not tried the 209. I can't do liner with an angled brush.

PinkBasset

209 is a pointed brush just like 210, only slightly thicker. I don't like angled brushes for eyeliner either, only if I put eyeshadow over liner.

wishonastar

209 is a pointed brush just like 210, only slightly thicker. I don't like angled brushes for eyeliner either, only if I put eyeshadow over liner.
Oh yeah I know. I should have phrased that better. I meant that I haven't tried the 209 at all compared to the 210, I actually have a real techniques brush which is similar in shape as far as I know so don't need the 209. I still prefer my Bobbi Brown ones though. I have tried angle brushes too but can't get on with them, I do use them sometimes to put eyeshadow along my lower lashes or I use them on the occasion that I use shadow through my brows but normally I use pencil.

OctoberViolet

Would anyone have an idea when we will start to see the promotional photos of this collection & when it is expected to be released? I am hoping it will be released near August 22nd. I will be going away the following week and I don't want to miss this collection.