MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder discussion

Prettypackages

oh ok, I should do that too. I used my the other day on my cheeks and it looked like a pretty bronzer. My friend was like your makeup is so pretty, what is that on your face, it looks like a sheen or a glow... Oh and it was still cool.
Is this going to be perm? I would like to get another one.

shadowaddict

Quote:
Yeah, not removing the foil lid and using cotton pads to keep the lid down is essential to keep the powder fresh. I haven't used mine in months as I hate how it feels on the skin. I'll prob try again soon when the weather gets nice so the powdery effect may keep the oilies at bay. I love the wet feeling when you apply.

By foil lid do you mean the cicle you pull up? Sorry this probably doesn't make any sense. I'm confusing myself here. When I opened mine I just pulled that back just a bit and of course the part I did pull up doesn't stay down, maybe put cotton between that part and the actual lid? If you can explain that would be great.

sonia84

Sorry, I hadn't used mine in months and I thought it was foil. Pulled it out the other day and it is the circle plastic lid. When I got mine I pulled it up a tiny bit to uncover the holes. The edge normally rolls back up so try and hold it down with a finger and then put 2 or 3 cotton pads over that and then put the plastic screw lid on. When I pulled mine out this week it was just as fresh as when I bought it so it must be doing something to keep it fresh.

Honey Rose sounds like it should be a pinky-gold and not a silver colour. Sounds like it would be an amazing product for winter to get that etheral glow.

Gorgeous

OoOoo Must try these this time around.. unfortunately funds were low when VV came out so I was forced to skip
ohboy.gif
these sound beautiful and right up my alley. I'm very much a dewy/glowy skin kind of girl.

LMD84

Sorry, I hadn't used mine in months and I thought it was foil. Pulled it out the other day and it is the circle plastic lid. When I got mine I pulled it up a tiny bit to uncover the holes. The edge normally rolls back up so try and hold it down with a finger and then put 2 or 3 cotton pads over that and then put the plastic screw lid on. When I pulled mine out this week it was just as fresh as when I bought it so it must be doing something to keep it fresh.

Honey Rose sounds like it should be a pinky-gold and not a silver colour. Sounds like it would be an amazing product for winter to get that etheral glow.
oh yes i can imagine it will be :)

shadowaddict

Quote:
Thank you. I will try this. I haven't had any problems so far but I have been worried about it not staying as fresh. Thanks for the great idea.

plusluxe

Oops... I posted my message in the quotation!
Here it is again:

Do you think that it wil also work if you put the cotton pads on the powder that already peeped (I believe there is another word for it...but can't remember) out? Because I had little drops in the top when I took it off :(.

sonia84

No, I always have a little bit of product left around the container after every use and it isn't as fresh as the product in the container.

I've been using mine for about a week now over my pressed powder and it works quite well at giving the skin a slight glow..I used to use it over a mineral setting power and it made my skin look really crap. I am finding that i'm getting into the habit that, every day, I tap a little bit more out as the wet feeling is quite addictive. I'm going to have to stop doing that as my skin felt a little chalky today. I don't rate it really as a highlighter only as I prefere the mega glow that I get from CCB's and MSF's. I think this is why it sat unloved for a loooong time.

plusluxe

Ok thanks! Then I will throw it out (So sad, It's quite a bit) and put some cotton pads on it and hope for the best!

LMD84

i have been wearing truth and light as a general face powder for about 2 weeks now and i freaking love it!

chromatrix

It sounds like a more subtle pink glow than using a dusting of pink opal pigment, yes? I didn't get it with VV because I was moving when VV came out but I am curious. Someone pale said it was too dark for them though. I am worried about that. Studio Fix NW5 is the best match for me year round since I get sunburned in less than 3 mins. so I wonder if T&L will be too dark. I guess I will have to make a trip into town to check it out.

Maybe one day they will make an even more pale one with a slight lavendar shimmer. I can dream.

laylalovesmac

It sounds like a more subtle pink glow than using a dusting of pink opal pigment, yes? I didn't get it with VV because I was moving when VV came out but I am curious. Someone pale said it was too dark for them though. I am worried about that. Studio Fix NW5 is the best match for me year round since I get sunburned in less than 3 mins. so I wonder if T&L will be too dark. I guess I will have to make a trip into town to check it out.

Maybe one day they will make an even more pale one with a slight lavendar shimmer. I can dream.
I'd buy a zillion!
yahoo.gif