MAC - Mineralize Foundation SPF15 Discussion

Flaminbird

Thanks purplerinne and good luck with your new job. It is amazing to think that we'd still be sitting here a year later with no job huh? I fully expected to have gotten a job like within 2-3 months of being laid off. I have an interview at FedEx on Friday so I hope it goes well. It's not something I really want to do but I have no choice now like you too. Good thing about Fedex is they don't lay people off and the benefits and pay are pretty good. I am on Tier 2 of my UE and it runs out in the next couple weeks then I would go on Tier 3. I don't believe there's a Tier 4 for VA though.

Also good luck TeresitaMC. I hope you find a job as well soon. On another note I went to Macy's this afternoon and asked for the nice lady to try EL Double wear and so far it's the best I've ever seen my skin look with foundation. I hope it works out for me
smiles.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
grouphug2.gif
th_hug.gif
th_hug.gif

I am almost at that long of a time frame purplerinne. Congratulations to you and good luck!
smiles.gif

The quick use of this foundation is reminding me of my Eve Pearl salmon concealer which I got end of Nov/early Dec for half off. I dont use it very much at all (being unemp./home a lot!) and I've already hit pan and fear running out. Sigh. I would've loved to try this one out but will have to pass at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
Thanks purplerinne and good luck with your new job. It is amazing to think that we'd still be sitting here a year later with no job huh? I fully expected to have gotten a job like within 2-3 months of being laid off. I have an interview at FedEx on Friday so I hope it goes well. It's not something I really want to do but I have no choice now like you too. Good thing about Fedex is they don't lay people off and the benefits and pay are pretty good. I am on Tier 2 of my UE and it runs out in the next couple weeks then I would go on Tier 3. I don't believe there's a Tier 4 for VA though.

Also good luck TeresitaMC. I hope you find a job as well soon. On another note I went to Macy's this afternoon and asked for the nice lady to try EL Double wear and so far it's the best I've ever seen my skin look with foundation. I hope it works out for me
smiles.gif

I know being unemployed it's hard. Try to see things from a different point of view... you have time now and there are lots of awesome things you could use it to!! I always say things happen for a very good reason. You two are going to find a wonderful job that's going to make you happy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
I feel ya on the unemployment...it took me a year and a half to find a job. Just started last week so hopefully you will find one soon.

And I did the same thing too...whatever i wasn't using I sold to buy new makeup...you are definately not alone

Congratulations on your new job!!!
th_thstars.gif

Michelle:
How did you feel the EL DW? Does it controls oils really well? I've been thinking to give the DW light a try...

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
Thank you! It is a long term contract job but at this point I will take anything. I don't know about Canada but here in CA I had sooo many extensions on my unemployment checks. I almost ran out! How long does yours run?

You're welcome! I know, I want anything right now
smiles.gif
I like my house and don't want to leave
ssad.gif
Mine was like 35 weeks or so...but I missed 5 weeks of it as I started it late
ssad.gif
It ended in January. I heard something about a 5 week extension here but can't find info on it so far! I just want/NEED something nowwwwwwwww
tong.gif
Can I join you?
tong.gif
lol

EDIT: Flaminbird: GOOD LUCK FRIDAY!!!
yahoo.gif
That's excellent!!! I hope you get something soon!
smiles.gif
Thank you for your well wishes, you & Hypathya
smiles.gif
*waves a magic wand*
tong.gif

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
my revlon colour stay usually lasts about 3 months. so this lasting about 2 on average doesn't seem tooo bad.
smiles.gif
it's worth it!

Wow
smiles.gif
It's a great one isn't it?
smiles.gif
I've had mine since July or so but like I said, I am never going anywhere
lol.gif
But I only use it on special days/nights or long days like mall browsing, get-togethers, etc. And last month I spilt some...on carpet!
ssad.gif

So this mineralize one would last me awhile, but there is stuff that would last even longer. Now I need a dupe for my EP
tong.gif

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya

Michelle:[/b] How did you feel the EL DW? Does it controls oils really well? I've been thinking to give the DW light a try...

It felt pretty good but I didn't have enough time to evaluate how it's going to control oil yet because I had just gotten it done around 4:30pm here. Tomorrow I'll have all day to see and will let you know. I did have some oilyness by like 8 but she also used a couple different moisturizers on me then I use....a little bit heavier. I also don't think it had enough time to seep in before she applied the foundation.

Hypathya

Quote:
smiles.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
It ended in January. I heard something about a 5 week extension here but can't find info on it so far! I just want/NEED something nowwwwwwwww
tong.gif
Can I join you?
tong.gif
lol

yahoo.gif
smiles.gif
smiles.gif
*waves a magic wand*
tong.gif

Everything will be fine, believe me. Try going out more and taking a class on anything. You'll get to know new people and gain new skills. Tell them you're looking for a job, often people gets a job that way. Above all be confident and keep the faith.
kissy.gif

Quote:
It felt pretty good but I didn't have enough time to evaluate how it's going to control oil yet because I had just gotten it done around 4:30pm here. Tomorrow I'll have all day to see and will let you know. I did have some oilyness by like 8 but she also used a couple different moisturizers on me then I use....a little bit heavier. I also don't think it had enough time to seep in before she applied the foundation.

Thanks so much Michelle!! Good luck on your interview!!!
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif

purplerinne

Quote:

smiles.gif

I think it depends state by state on how far an extension will go. I know in CA we had to meet a certain percentage to get another extension (which we did)....

Fed Ex is a good company to work for....good luck!!! I will send good vibes your way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
I know being unemployed it's hard. Try to see things from a different point of view... you have time now and there are lots of awesome things you could use it to!! I always say things happen for a very good reason. You two are going to find a wonderful job that's going to make you happy!!

Congratulations on your new job!!!
th_thstars.gif

Thank you!!! When I was unemployed and didn't have much spending money I would do projects I pushed aside bc I never had time...like reorganizing my shoes and taking pics and printing them and putting them in a photo album LOL that album now helps me find shoes in the morning hahahaha

Quote:
smiles.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
tong.gif
Can I join you?
tong.gif
lol

yahoo.gif
smiles.gif
smiles.gif
*waves a magic wand*
tong.gif

Come on over!!!! hahahaah

bumblebees24

Quote:
my revlon colour stay usually lasts about 3 months. so this lasting about 2 on average doesn't seem tooo bad.
smiles.gif
it's worth it!

I bought it but had to return both that and the brush. I found it underwhelming and didn't have very good coverage. How was your experiece with Revlon Colour Stay? I was thinking about trying that out next.

lilibat

The revlon colour stay has such light coverage there was no point to it for me. Not sure why people like it so much.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebees24
I bought it but had to return both that and the brush. I found it underwhelming and didn't have very good coverage. How was your experiece with Revlon Colour Stay? I was thinking about trying that out next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
The revlon colour stay has such light coverage there was no point to it for me. Not sure why people like it so much.

so i find that colourstay has quite heavy coverage! which is why i like it
smiles.gif
the only thing i dislike is that it sets quite quickly so you have to work quickly with it! oh and it does have a weird paint like smell which is odd.

bumblebees24

Quote:
so i find that colourstay has quite heavy coverage! which is why i like it
smiles.gif
the only thing i dislike is that it sets quite quickly so you have to work quickly with it! oh and it does have a weird paint like smell which is odd.

Thanks!! Are you using the regular one of the new SoftFlex? I've heard Softflex is not as good.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebees24
Thanks!! Are you using the regular one of the new SoftFlex? I've heard Softflex is not as good.

the newer one with softflex. i nevertried the older version!
smiles.gif

purplerinne

Just tried F&B with this foundation...I reallly like the finish and coverage. I'll be picking up F&B soon hahaha

meToo

I am really liking this foundation. I find that it takes just the teeniest bit to give a nice coverage. I think it will last me a long time.

jbshinyfuzzy

how does this foundation do in warm weather? Do you think it will be ok to use in the summer, or should I wait and try it in the fall?

Karuzela

I got mine yesterday and I used it for the first time today!
I will mostly be home, cleaning for guest coming over for Easter, so it`s a good chance to try it out. I think it has medium coverage and it definitely won`t cover red blemishes of beauty marks, but if you want to you can layer it and ot covers more or you could just use concealer. I think NC20 was my best match, but I actually wanted something darker, anticipating getting some more color from spring sun, so I got NC25 and I like it, it still looks very natural.
greengrin.gif

I think I will post my first FOTD today to show the result :O

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshinyfuzzy
how does this foundation do in warm weather? Do you think it will be ok to use in the summer, or should I wait and try it in the fall?

Erine who works for mac said that it can be worn all year around
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Erine who works for mac said that it can be worn all year around
smiles.gif

exactly!

all foundations work in all weather. it just depends on how your skin reacts in warmer weather.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
exactly!

all foundations work in all weather. it just depends on how your skin reacts in warmer weather.

yep. in my case i prefer creams in the summer because they're lighter on my skin
smiles.gif