MAC - Mineralize Foundation SPF15 Discussion

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I couldn't agree more. I love it. My sister even noticed that my foundation flows seamlessly on my skin. I did change foundations from Revlon Colorstay to Studio fluid but I think the 130 just lets me beat my face to a flawless pulp without the bruising.
tong.gif

And I do believe that I haven't lost one hair on the brush. I will getting another one with the the To the beach collection.

Me too!!! I'm totally getting a BU of that bad boy!!!

Flaminbird

Welp after using this off and on now for the last few weeks I need to take it back
ssad.gif
. I used the skin refined zone treatment under it and very light moisturizer and it isnt lasting now for some reason. After a few hours it settles into the lines and has faded. Also I notice I can't get even coverage and I'm using the 130.

lilibat

As much as I love the way this stuff finishes and wears I think I won't be getting another because even with using lighter powder over it it is STILL too dark for me. Last night I realized it just looked like I actually had a bit of a tan when I put it on, plus no matter how much I blend you can tell my neck is lighter. I wish they'd make an NC/NW/N 5 that would probably be perfect. So sad. I really loved this stuff otherwise.

lilibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by melzie2121
I hit pan on this really quick! Don't think I'll repurchase although I do love the finish
ssad.gif

Oh good, I don't feel like such a freak for hitting pan fast. I have many better reasons to feel like a freak.

I have to say though if they make lighter shades I would get it again. I am seriously bummed about it being too dark.

purplerinne

I hit pan on mine!!! I mean, I still have ways to go before it's done...I have a huge dip but that's bc I always put my brush there (smack dab in the middle). I bought this when it first came out (january?) so it's not too bad since it's now the end of March. I'm thinking I have until May so that's pretty good for a foundation =) I think i love this more each day and need a backup of the 130 brush so I wash it more frequently.

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
I hit pan on mine!!! I mean, I still have ways to go before it's done...I have a huge dip but that's bc I always put my brush there (smack dab in the middle). I bought this when it first came out (january?) so it's not too bad since it's now the end of March. I'm thinking I have until May so that's pretty good for a foundation =) I think i love this more each day and need a backup of the 130 brush so I wash it more frequently.

I believe it came out February 19th or around there. The day I went to MAC and bought mine it had just come out and I was there 2/19. I took mine back this Sunday though. Too bad it didnt work for me afterall
ssad.gif

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
I believe it came out February 19th or around there. The day I went to MAC and bought mine it had just come out and I was there 2/19. I took mine back this Sunday though. Too bad it didnt work for me afterall
ssad.gif

If my prediction is right then I should be completely done in 2 months. Still not so bad i guess LOL i never finished a foundation before...I always switch....hopefully I will stick with this...although now I'm eyeing Face & Body.

Sorry it didn't work out for ya

Flaminbird

Quote:
If my prediction is right then I should be completely done in 2 months. Still not so bad i guess LOL i never finished a foundation before...I always switch....hopefully I will stick with this...although now I'm eyeing Face & Body.

Yeah not too bad then. I'm not sure how long my lasts either because I like you switch. I actually finished a Lancome foundation but then became unemployed and couldnt afford to spend it again so went looking for something cheaper. That was last early summer and I'm in the same boat but was able to sell some makeup and clothes to buy the mineralize. I guess now I'll give the Estee Double Wear a try.

purplerinne

Quote:
Yeah not too bad then. I'm not sure how long my lasts either because I like you switch. I actually finished a Lancome foundation but then became unemployed and couldnt afford to spend it again so went looking for something cheaper. That was last early summer and I'm in the same boat but was able to sell some makeup and clothes to buy the mineralize. I guess now I'll give the Estee Double Wear a try.

I feel ya on the unemployment...it took me a year and a half to find a job. Just started last week so hopefully you will find one soon.

And I did the same thing too...whatever i wasn't using I sold to buy new makeup...you are definately not alone

TeresitaMC

Quote:

Quote:
I feel ya on the unemployment...it took me a year and a half to find a job. Just started last week so hopefully you will find one soon.

And I did the same thing too...whatever i wasn't using I sold to buy new makeup...you are definately not alone

grouphug2.gif
th_hug.gif
th_hug.gif

I am almost at that long of a time frame purplerinne. Congratulations to you and good luck!
smiles.gif

The quick use of this foundation is reminding me of my Eve Pearl salmon concealer which I got end of Nov/early Dec for half off. I dont use it very much at all (being unemp./home a lot!) and I've already hit pan and fear running out. Sigh. I would've loved to try this one out but will have to pass at this time.

meToo

Quote:

yeah, i don't think that's too bad for a creme product with everyday use. the only thing i ever hit pan on is foundation anyway, so like someone else said, more for B2M!

mac_aiken

Quote:

I have 3 foundations in constant rotation. I don't use anything else. This one, F&B and EL Maximum Coverage. Of the 3 F&B is my favorite with this one being a close second.

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
grouphug2.gif
th_hug.gif
th_hug.gif

I am almost at that long of a time frame purplerinne. Congratulations to you and good luck!
smiles.gif

The quick use of this foundation is reminding me of my Eve Pearl salmon concealer which I got end of Nov/early Dec for half off. I dont use it very much at all (being unemp./home a lot!) and I've already hit pan and fear running out. Sigh. I would've loved to try this one out but will have to pass at this time.

Thank you! It is a long term contract job but at this point I will take anything. I don't know about Canada but here in CA I had sooo many extensions on my unemployment checks. I almost ran out! How long does yours run?

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
I have 3 foundations in constant rotation. I don't use anything else. This one, F&B and EL Maximum Coverage. Of the 3 F&B is my favorite with this one being a close second.

I'll have to grab a sample of F&B when I go to the store.

LMD84

my revlon colour stay usually lasts about 3 months. so this lasting about 2 on average doesn't seem tooo bad.
smiles.gif
it's worth it!

meToo

i am really liking this foundation so far. it's creamy but not smeary and goes on with a lightweight feel and i like how it looks throughout the day.