MAC - Mineralize Foundation SPF15 Discussion

notuptoyou

I have to be careful with foundations as I'm allergic to quite a few and MAC has not been kind to me and I ended up with using Clinique as my foundation. But when I took my mum for a girlie trip out and we had our make up done I tried this foundation and fell in love with it.

I was matched to NW20 and as I have dry/very dry skin I was a bit worried but its fine.

I am a bit stumped though, I've used the sponge applicator it came with and it applied well but what brush should I use for application? I need a brush that I can build up coverage as I have very red skin
thmbdn.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by notuptoyou
I have to be careful with foundations as I'm allergic to quite a few and MAC has not been kind to me and I ended up with using Clinique as my foundation. But when I took my mum for a girlie trip out and we had our make up done I tried this foundation and fell in love with it.

I was matched to NW20 and as I have dry/very dry skin I was a bit worried but its fine.

I am a bit stumped though, I've used the sponge applicator it came with and it applied well but what brush should I use for application? I need a brush that I can build up coverage as I have very red skin
thmbdn.gif

i like the 130 brush which this foundation has been teamed up with. however it is smaller so perhaps a brush like the 188 would be better for you? it's a larger stippling brush

Vlcatko

Quote:

thmbdn.gif

My best bet would be MAC #190 or #191 - whichever you have or prefer
yes.gif
I use the #190 and out of the others I have tried with this foundation (187, 188, 109) I like it the most
thmbup.gif

HTH

Karuzela

I will be getting makeup done @ MAC and I am wondering if I can ask the MA to use this specific foundation on me? It`s because I`m interested in it and I want to test it first, getting makeup done at MAC is a good opportunity, right? I might buy it around april.
yes.gif

I have very dry skin and I want to get this natural glow, moisturized look - this foundation would be good for this purpose, right?
Also I want medium coverage, for blemishes I can always use concealer or bb cream as my base. I don`t even use powder now, because even without powder my skin look completely matte and dry :/ I am hoping this could be a nice foundation for me for spring and summer?
001_unsure.gif

Oh and I never used MAC foundation so I really really hope it doesn`t break me out :I

notuptoyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karuzela
I will be getting makeup done @ MAC and I am wondering if I can ask the MA to use this specific foundation on me? It`s because I`m interested in it and I want to test it first, getting makeup done at MAC is a good opportunity, right? I might buy it around april.
yes.gif

I have very dry skin and I want to get this natural glow, moisturized look - this foundation would be good for this purpose, right?
Also I want medium coverage, for blemishes I can always use concealer or bb cream as my base. I don`t even use powder now, because even without powder my skin look completely matte and dry :/ I am hoping this could be a nice foundation for me for spring and summer?
001_unsure.gif

Oh and I never used MAC foundation so I really really hope it doesn`t break me out :I

I also have very dry skin and I actually found this foundation quite calming? I use MSFN on top (as I love that product way too much) and find it holds it on longer and calms down the "glow" and makes it more natural.

I'd highly recommend asking your MA to try it out and I expect they'll be more than happy to help you!

LMD84

Quote:
I also have very dry skin and I actually found this foundation quite calming? I use MSFN on top (as I love that product way too much) and find it holds it on longer and calms down the "glow" and makes it more natural.

I'd highly recommend asking your MA to try it out and I expect they'll be more than happy to help you!

iagree.gif
try and ask for a sample! that is what i did and they were happy to help me out
smiles.gif

dxgirly

I used this foundation for the first time today with the 130 brush and I am IMPRESSED!!! It took a little longer because of the small brush, but nothing excessively long in my opinion. Little circular swirls blend it in perfectly! The coverage is pretty decent too, and I'm used to the coverage of Studio Fix Fluid.

What I can't rave enough about though is how well the NW15 shade matches my skin! My Studio Fix Fluid was waaay too dark compared to this. It definitely runs a lot lighter, at least in the NW15 shade. I actually didn't really have to blend into my neck at all, it just disappeared! So light skinned girls, if you're using SFF right now and it's too dark, DEFINITELY give this a try!
yes.gif

tootwo222

mac mineral fondation spf 15

Has anyone else had problems with this new foundation. I used it and the next morning I looked like I had some kind of allergic reaction.; a rash of tiny bumps all over my forehead. Also various pimples on my face. I never get acne and have never had a problem with any mac foundation in the past.

DigitalRain

Re: mac mineral fondation spf 15

Oil of Olay skincare products do the exact same thing to me. Apparently there's something in that foundation your skin hates.

LMD84

Re: mac mineral fondation spf 15

th_hug.gif
that is a shame
ssad.gif
have you removed the foundation fully before you went to bed? maybe some got left on and blocked up your pores??

shimmergrass

today i tried brush 130 with lillyland blush, i love ittttttttt.. i think i like it better for blush application than foundation, anyone tried it with creme blushes?

chickatthegym

^That's great, I am glad you like it with the blush. I haven't used it yet for blush, but as for foundation, I think it takes awhile. I like the result, but it just takes longer since the brush is so small. It is nice for areas around the eyes, nose, etc. but if anyone is on the fence about getting the brush, I really don't think it's a "must have".

LMD84

^ i agree. not a msut have brush... but it's certaintly nice to have it
smiles.gif
but not an everyday staple for me... my 182 kabuki takes that title!
love.gif

TeresitaMC

would you guys say it is a must have in terms of the lilyland creme blushes?
smiles.gif

That's what I want to get it for
smiles.gif

Door

I just bought the 130 brush yesterday and the foundation (NC15) a week ago. I was surprised to notice how small the brush was. I was expecting something like 109 but with duo fiber. I love the way this is more dense than the other stippling brushes I have. I haven't noticed any shredding so far (fingers crossed).

After I got the brush I decided to test also the foundation. So far I've used the foundation twice. I have to say I'm quite impressed of the dewy finish. I have combination skin and so far the the foundation hasn't turned into a oil slick. Tomorrow I'll put the foundation to test and wear it at work. The only thing I'm not so impressed of is how long it takes to apply this foundation with 130 brush.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Door
I just bought the 130 brush yesterday and the foundation (NC15) a week ago. I was surprised to notice how small the brush was. I was expecting something like 109 but with duo fiber. I love the way this is more dense than the other stippling brushes I have. I haven't noticed any shredding so far (fingers crossed).

After I got the brush I decided to test also the foundation. So far I've used the foundation twice. I have to say I'm quite impressed of the dewy finish. I have combination skin and so far the the foundation hasn't turned into a oil slick. Tomorrow I'll put the foundation to test and wear it at work. The only thing I'm not so impressed of is how long it takes to apply this foundation with 130 brush.

yes, it's certaintly not one to use when in a rush in the morning! fingers work well for rushing days!

PinkBasset

Door - are you NC15 in other Mac foundations too? Did this run darker? I sure hope the lightest shade isn't too dark because I would like to try this. Maybe this could be the first Mac foundation that I like?
smiles.gif

abbyquack

Well I'm really glad you ladies are liking this foundation, but I got a couple samples of this foundation, and so far I've not had a good experience with it. I first tried it with my 168 brush (it was the best thing I had on hand at the time), but it was so hard to spread and blend. It looked ok but nothing too impressive. Then I tried the 109, and it spread better and blended but it looks dry and sort of cakey in places. I used my MSFN on top to help it out, but it was still kinda yuck- definitely nothing to write home about. I'm guessing the 130 would help a little in applying the foundation but I'm still skeptical if this is worth the $38 for the brush and another $30 for the foundation.
th_dunno.gif