MAC - Mineralize Foundation SPF15 Discussion

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
would you guys say it is a must have in terms of the lilyland creme blushes?
smiles.gif

That's what I want to get it for
smiles.gif

I would say the 188 or 187 work better with the creme blushes
smiles.gif

Vlcatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
I first tried it with my 168 brush (it was the best thing I had on hand at the time), but it was so hard to spread and blend. It looked ok but nothing too impressive. Then I tried the 109, and it spread better and blended but it looks dry and sort of cakey in places. I used my MSFN on top to help it out, but it was still kinda yuck- definitely nothing to write home about. I'm guessing the 130 would help a little in applying the foundation but I'm still skeptical if this is worth the $38 for the brush and another $30 for the foundation.
th_dunno.gif

I really really prefer my 190 for this. If you have it (or any similar "regular" foundation brush) I strongly suggest you try it before deciding about the 130/not getting the foundation
winks.gif
yes.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlcatko
I really really prefer my 190 for this. If you have it (or any similar "regular" foundation brush) I strongly suggest you try it before deciding about the 130/not getting the foundation
winks.gif
yes.gif

i have the 190 brush and never use it! must try it with this foundtion now!

Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Door - are you NC15 in other Mac foundations too? Did this run darker? I sure hope the lightest shade isn't too dark because I would like to try this. Maybe this could be the first Mac foundation that I like?
smiles.gif

I hope NC15 matches your skin. I currently have only Studio Sculpt and this, both in NC15. This runs a little darker than Studio Sculpt and it's not even close to Studio Fix Fluid (which is way too dark when swatched on the back of my hand).

bumblebees24

I am probably the only lone wolf on this collection. The foundation looked terrible on me..cakey and emphasized on all the dry patches. The brush was ok but I found 187 was better for stippling. This one was too darn small and took too long to apply.

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
I bought the 130 brush this weekend and I've come to realize that I don't prefer using the 130 as my foundation brush as it is too small. (I like way bigger brushes for foundation) My fave is Dior's powder brush
drools.gif
. Don't know why it's being discontinued
ssad.gif
, but anyway, I really do like the 130 brush for applying foundation around the nose area and for applying concealer. I just REALLY LOVE how it applies foundation around the nose
thmbup.gif
. Is this a good enough reason to keep such an expensive brush?????
th_dunno.gif
lololol

For those of you that have the brush- does yours shed????? MINE SHEDS LIKE CRAZYYYYYY
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
My Dior powder foundation brush does, too
ssad.gif
, but the results are flawless so I really don't care
lol.gif
. But for the 130 brush, bein that it's such a small brush, some of the hairs are so small I can't even grab it with my nail- I have to use a tweezer. I don't recall anyone else complaining about this. Did I maybe get a defected one?????

So sorry about your brush!! :sad:

To me 130 is pure heaven!!! Just what I needed... my skin it's really uneven so I needed something to work it out. 130 brush does the job flawlessly. I adore it, it's now my everyday foundation brush.
love.gif
Mine doesn't shed, maybe 1 or 2 hairs the very first time I washed it, but not anymore. You should return it if the problem continues.
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
I kind of have the same problem with the 130 and the foundation. So no, you are not the only one having a very expensive concealer brush
winks.gif

Normally I also use MSFN and love it.
When I apply the foundation with the 187 or the SS197, I love the results. Also with the 190 it is ok, just not with the 130
th_dunno.gif

And no, my brush is not shedding.

I said it and I stand by it, little circular blending motions.
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxgirly
I used this foundation for the first time today with the 130 brush and I am IMPRESSED!!! It took a little longer because of the small brush, but nothing excessively long in my opinion. Little circular swirls blend it in perfectly! The coverage is pretty decent too, and I'm used to the coverage of Studio Fix Fluid.

iagree.gif

LMD84

so moving on about a month since i got this foundation i am still loving it! i think it's going to be good for the summer because i tend to need lighter coverage then
smiles.gif
i get no more oily than i do with my colour stay foundation - and oil wipe things work well for my t zone anyways
smiles.gif
i have to say though, i have been lazy recently and have been using my fingers to apply the foundation!
tong.gif
i've been using the 130 for highlight
smiles.gif

CoralBlast

well i know it's been a while but i have been very very sick !two weeks now and i can't get rid of this cold !
as for the foundation this is my review:
Good points -i think it feels very good on, when i touch my face (to check )it's very smooth and i like that. it doesn't have enough coverage at least not on me i still need concealer for my red spots but that is expected. it doesn't make me oily nor do i look oily it looks fresh.
Bad points this foundation needs primer otherwise it settles into my pores and even with primer it doesn't last more than six hours on me so i do need to touch up which is a hassle.
the brush is good for this foundation as long as you have those five minutes required to blend it in. i noticed that when i dabed and swirled the foundation did streak but after a minute or two it blended well.
i tried the brush with my dior nude and it did a good job because of it's thin consistancy but with with my double wear it was a no no, it dried fast so i couldn't blend at all.
the funny part is my dior foundation is my summer one and i did my test before going out with friends i wore a blouse which left my neck area very exposed so when i looked in the mirror i was shocked i looked like i had a fake tan accident. i wore a large scarf and intructed my friends to sit at a table with very little lighting so noone could tell LOL!

i tried the brush with cream blush it picks up too much color so it's very easy to end up looking like a clown so no i don't recommend it.
thank you for reading my rambling!

jbshinyfuzzy

I think someone said earlier that they tried this foundation with the ss197, I've been thinking about getting that brush and this foundation, and I was wondering if other people have tried it out/how that brush is with this foundation?

lilibat

I hit pan on this today. That seems really fast to me. I don't wear it EVERY day, but I have a couple times a week since I got it. My studio fix lasts MUCH longer than this stuff does.

lilibat

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe one of my cats is using it when I'm not looking but I totally hit pan. I don't *that* much I don't think. I mean I just pat the compact with the sponge and pat it on my face then swirl with the 130 to blend it.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
Yeah, I don't know. Maybe one of my cats is using it when I'm not looking but I totally hit pan. I don't *that* much I don't think. I mean I just pat the compact with the sponge and pat it on my face then swirl with the 130 to blend it.

hee hee! this brought up a funny image in my mind!
smiles.gif
hee hee!

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
hee hee! this brought up a funny image in my mind!
smiles.gif
hee hee!

Now that you mention it...
th_LMAO.gif

LMD84

to be fair if i left my mke up out my cat dylan would run off and eat it! he's grabbed my brushes before!! not cool!

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
To me 130 is pure heaven!!! 130 brush does the job flawlessly. I adore it, it's now my everyday foundation brush.
love.gif
Mine doesn't shed, maybe 1 or 2 hairs the very first time I washed it, but not anymore. You should return it if the problem continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxgirly
I used this foundation for the first time today with the 130 brush and I am IMPRESSED!!! It took a little longer because of the small brush, but nothing excessively long in my opinion. Little circular swirls blend it in perfectly! The coverage is pretty decent too, and I'm used to the coverage of Studio Fix Fluid.

I couldn't agree more. I love it. My sister even noticed that my foundation flows seamlessly on my skin. I did change foundations from Revlon Colorstay to Studio fluid but I think the 130 just lets me beat my face to a flawless pulp without the bruising.
tong.gif

And I do believe that I haven't lost one hair on the brush. I will getting another one with the the To the beach collection.