MAC Mineralize Glass, Mineralize Rich Lipstick Collection ( March 6, 2014)

elegant-one

Yep, I ordered it yesterday. Couldn't resist another beautiful pink-purple!
girlhaha.gif
Can't wait to hear what you think of it in person.

lilinah

Has no one tried Be Fabulous yet? It looks like a good MLBB nude for me, but i'm not sure... I'd love to see a swatch. I'm on a low-buy and trying to keep out of the shops to keep away from temptation. Summer is coming and that's when my lips get wrecked by long driving trips.

In fact my lips just recovered from a 3-day trip to the high desert. Sooo dry! Normally my thin head of hair takes a couple hours to air dry fully, but it was all dry in about 45 min. My lips looked like a bad road after a long winter, and felt worse. On the way home I was breakfasting in a diner. Feeling a bit desperate, I poured a little sugar into my hand, dipped my finger tip into some butter, and rubbed my lips, then wiped them with my napkin; i did this several times! It helped a lot, although the edges were still very rough. Then i applied Dreaminess, the only Mineralize lipstick i have from the first release; i wanted Luxe Naturale, too, but since they were supposedly permanent, i snoozed and loozed
crybaby.gif
. By the next morning my lips were almost normal. Then all week i've been starting my day with Sweet Tooth Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm from last year's Baking Beauties collection before i do my morning skin care. That stuff's really good, pretty much makes it through my first morning latte.

I'd like one or two lipsticks from this collection, but i'm not a fan of brights - a warm pale pink or a cool pale beige work for my neutral skin tone, which is why i'm asking about Be Fabulous. And how do the Mineralize Glosses feel? I'm on a low-buy and not much of a gloss wearer, so i'm trying to buy no glosses this year, unless they are really unusual. But if these feel a treat, i might get one...

liba

Has no one tried Be Fabulous yet? It looks like a good MLBB nude for me, but i'm not sure... I'd love to see a swatch. I'm on a low-buy and trying to keep out of the shops to keep away from temptation. Summer is coming and that's when my lips get wrecked by long driving trips.

In fact my lips just recovered from a 3-day trip to the high desert. Sooo dry! Normally my thin head of hair takes a couple hours to air dry fully, but it was all dry in about 45 min. My lips looked like a bad road after a long winter, and felt worse. On the way home I was breakfasting in a diner. Feeling a bit desperate, I poured a little sugar into my hand, dipped my finger tip into some butter, and rubbed my lips, then wiped them with my napkin; i did this several times! It helped a lot, although the edges were still very rough. Then i applied Dreaminess, the only Mineralize lipstick i have from the first release; i wanted Luxe Naturale, too, but since they were supposedly permanent, i snoozed and loozed
crybaby.gif
. By the next morning my lips were almost normal. Then all week i've been starting my day with Sweet Tooth Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm from last year's Baking Beauties collection before i do my morning skin care. That stuff's really good, pretty much makes it through my first morning latte.

I'd like one or two lipsticks from this collection, but i'm not a fan of brights - a warm pale pink or a cool pale beige work for my neutral skin tone, which is why i'm asking about Be Fabulous. And how do the Mineralize Glosses feel? I'm on a low-buy and not much of a gloss wearer, so i'm trying to buy no glosses this year, unless they are really unusual. But if these feel a treat, i might get one...
I've got Be Fabulous - it's a very soft pretty pale pink- it's got a little pastel oomph in it too, but not overwhelmingly cutsie-poo. I can't always wear these pale pinks, but BF was perfect.

Also, don't feel bad about Luxe Naturale. I wanted that one but kept passing it over because there was something not quite right about it. Now we have Pure Pout instead and I'm so glad I waited. It's so much better and easier than LN. Just a soft nude that blends in with your skin tone but does't look washed out (LN was a little too milky comparatively). These new colors are very flatteringly mixed for older skin tones, in my opinion.

The glosses are really good too - they feel like a combination of the Mineralize Lip Balms mixed with CSG. The staying power isn't super high on all of them, but some are quite good. I've been wearing Tender, and that one is a little lower durability than the others, but I depend on pale pink gloss like that and it's replacing my finished tube of Fashion Scoop. Very similar color and effect, but it's definitely more moisturizing than CSG. My lips were thrashed this week from a cold and they were doing much better after just a day with Tender and a day of Stay Warm MLB.

Edit: Tomorrow I'll try to make a point of it to take some snaps with Pure Pout and Be Fabulous for you!
flower.gif

JulieDiva

I've got Be Fabulous - it's a very soft pretty pale pink- it's got a little pastel oomph in it too, but not overwhelmingly cutsie-poo. I can't always wear these pale pinks, but BF was perfect.

Also, don't feel bad about Luxe Naturale. I wanted that one but kept passing it over because there was something not quite right about it. Now we have Pure Pout instead and I'm so glad I waited. It's so much better and easier than LN. Just a soft nude that blends in with your skin tone but does't look washed out (LN was a little too milky comparatively). These new colors are very flatteringly mixed for older skin tones, in my opinion.

The glosses are really good too - they feel like a combination of the Mineralize Lip Balms mixed with CSG. The staying power isn't super high on all of them, but some are quite good. I've been wearing Tender, and that one is a little lower durability than the others, but I depend on pale pink gloss like that and it's replacing my finished tube of Fashion Scoop. Very similar color and effect, but it's definitely more moisturizing than CSG. My lips were thrashed this week from a cold and they were doing much better after just a day with Tender and a day of Stay Warm MLB.

Edit: Tomorrow I'll try to make a point of it to take some snaps with Pure Pout and Be Fabulous for you!
flower.gif
thank you for your comments!!! I feel the same way about Luxe naturale..it was too beige and I didn't buy it. Pure Pout is WAY better imho...and I love it. I am also older...42...and I agree the new shades are more flattering. I would love pics of \be fabulous...I do not do barbie pinks or milky pinks...

miss0annette

I just came in here to say that I absolutely need Be A Lady! I went to mac today to pick up some concealer and the new studio sculpt lash mascara. I swatched be a lady and fell in love! Good thing they're perm. I also swatched some other things. Top to bottom Dreaming Dahlia, all fired up, be a lady, and phlox garden.
908241d7_image.jpeg

kittykitkat

So sorry to be posting this again but could could someone please swatch Pure Pout with some other MAC nudes that are similar? :) I'm not looking for dupes, I'd just like a comparison for reference...I can't easily get to a MAC store and swatch them myself unfortunately!