MAC - Nail Trend F/W 2010 Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
i love jade! jade nails would be yummy! the orange is callign meeeeeeeee

orange is gorgeous, but I can rarely pull it off.
ssad.gif
My UD Magic Bus should be enough for me. I bought it cuz of the name, but I actually love it.
thmbup.gif

Visi

I do like the sound of Earthly Harmony Muted taupe with copper shimmer (Frost) (Limited Edition), I wonder how similar it is to $OPI Under My Trenchcoat? It looks very similar in the promo photo.

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by blusherie
I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but Temptalia put up promo images for this collection today! I can't buy anymore crazy colored nail polish because I won't be allowed to wear it in medical school, but these colors look really pretty!!
tong.gif

That sucks... I hate when schools/jobs put arbitrary restrictions on clothes and things like that.

As for this collection--I think I need to either see it in person or just see better pictures b/c so far it's not appealing to me very much.

Shadowy Lady

These colours sure sound yummy. I hope I can find some cheaper dupes in ChG or OPI for them. If not, I will get:

- Rain of Flowers
- Imperial Flower
- Jade Dragon

jungleland

OPI nail polishes are more expensive here than Mac's!

I'll probably get
Jade Dragon
Eartly harmony
Ming Blue
I like also the descriptions of the other colours as well, though!

LittleMaryJane

I like both of the blue-ish colors but... I don't know that they are so special I must have them. I think this collection will be a pass for me.

laylalovesmac

I was just looking at some of the pics for the Leopard Luxe part of FF, and if Imperial Flower is what she is wearing on her nails, I want it!!!!!
drools.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I was just looking at some of the pics for the Leopard Luxe part of FF, and if Imperial Flower is what she is wearing on her nails, I want it!!!!!
drools.gif

PP-vintage vamp

LL-shirelle

BB-jade dragon & ming blue (mixed)

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
PP-vintage vamp

LL-shirelle

BB-jade dragon & ming blue (mixed)

Huh.... I was pretty off. The color on my computer has been going lately....
angry.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Personally, I'm loving this collection. I may end up with all of them.
sneaky.gif
Much better than last year's IMO.
yes.gif

iagree.gif
lasts years i wasn't interested in. but these babies are beautiful! eek!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
iagree.gif
lasts years i wasn't interested in. but these babies are beautiful! eek!

Exactly! I skipped last year's, and I don't even wear nail polish that often, but I do like all of these. Except, maybe the blue. But, I'll probably end up with it anyway.
lol.gif

User38

I am going to try a few of the colors but I have not had great luck with MAC nailpolishes - they either chip off or flake off in about a day
ssad.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was looking at the photos and it occurred to me that Ming Blue is there twice and Concubine isn't there at all... Looks like someone at MAC fell asleep at their Photoshop station.
tong.gif

Doesn't matter. I feel in my bones that I'm going to want Concubine. In fact, the pictures may have doomed me. Only one I'm waffling on is the dark purple, because I think I'd rather get the purple from VV instead.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I was looking at the photos and it occurred to me that Ming Blue is there twice and Concubine isn't there at all... Looks like someone at MAC fell asleep at their Photoshop station.
tong.gif

Doesn't matter. I feel in my bones that I'm going to want Concubine. In fact, the pictures may have doomed me. Only one I'm waffling on is the dark purple, because I think I'd rather get the purple from VV instead.

I'll be getting both
tong.gif

And yes, I noticed that Concubine doesn't look present.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
I am going to try a few of the colors but I have not had great luck with MAC nailpolishes - they either chip off or flake off in about a day
ssad.gif

Konad top coat via ocnailart.com. it keeps cheap drugstore nail polish from chipping and works great with MAC too!

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Only one I'm waffling on is the dark purple, because I think I'd rather get the purple from VV instead.

Orly is doing a color for fall that looks very similar to the one in the VV promo pix. In fact, the purplish one might be a stand in for the violet one here:

ORLY Cosmix Collection for Fall 2010

Latest posts