MAC - Nail Trend F/W 2010 Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
until you see the swatches and then they shall be back on your list right?!
tong.gif

Pretty much yeah
tong.gif
I may get one or two.... or three
greengrin.gif

Curly1908

I'll just be getting Earthly Harmony as previously planned. :)

Does anybody know a dupe for it before I 100% commit myself to buy?
winks.gif

laylalovesmac

Oooooh.... I am loving the ones Erin is loving! I don't need Concubine anymore, so just Rain of Flowers + Jade Dragon for me.
greengrin.gif
That skip lasted all of a few hours
tong.gif

Thanks again Erin
heart.gif

TeresitaMC

It's funny how the two on my list are the same two that Erin put hearts around
tong.gif
Great minds think alike
winks.gif
lol.

I will have to think about these some more...the $1 increase is making it seem less worth it. I saw a gorgeous nail polish by Gosh that I want and it's only $4.99 (1/3rd of the cost!), so...

lilithsnake6

Thanks Erin, I'm completely sold on Jade Dragon- it's exactly what I want for Fall- deep hunter green... It'll be my 1st MAC nail polish
th_DANCE.gif

Face2Mac

Jennifer Hudson has on Earthly Harmony for the Instyle Makeover mag and that's the only reason why I want it besides it looks awesome on her skin and she quotes "I love this color. It's natural but still makes my nails look done". Sold!!!

I also think it will work for me b/c of the gold flakes in it which warms it up and it is unique to all the cementy/taupey I have seen in the past 2 years.

Rinstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
I'll just be getting Earthly Harmony as previously planned. :)

Does anybody know a dupe for it before I 100% commit myself to buy?
winks.gif

Earthly Harmony reminds me a little of China Glaze Ingrid. They have the same lovely gold shimmer. Earthly Harmony is definitely lighter and more grey. Ingrid is darker and more brown-ish taupe. I'll try to post a pic of Ingrid later.

LittleMaryJane

Earthly Harmony is the only one I really like butttt I'm not sure I like it enough to bother with it.

Thanks for the swatches, Erin. I really wasn't sure about anything in this collection until now.

omgitzstephanie

Concubine looks very close to my favourite nail polish of all time, OPI Smitten With Mittens! I love that polish but I don't need the MAC one
smiles.gif

Rinstar

Here's China Glaze Ingrid. Darker than Earthly Harmony definitely, but same golden shimmer.

Imperial Flower reminds me of CG Orange Marmalade as well. I was planning on getting Imperial Flower, but it might be too similar. I'll try to post Orange Marmalade sometime soon.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinstar
Earthly Harmony reminds me a little of China Glaze Ingrid. They have the same lovely gold shimmer. Earthly Harmony is definitely lighter and more grey. Ingrid is darker and more brown-ish taupe. I'll try to post a pic of Ingrid later.

I have both on my list
winks.gif
These will be great shades for fall.

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinstar
Here's China Glaze Ingrid. Darker than Earthly Harmony definitely, but same golden shimmer.

Imperial Flower reminds me of CG Orange Marmalade as well. I was planning on getting Imperial Flower, but it might be too similar. I'll try to post Orange Marmalade sometime soon.

Nice swatches--TY!
I read in the new Glamour (or Cosmo or one of those) that Greige (gray plus beige) is the new IT color for Fall nails 2010. Either of these colors should fit that bill!
tong.gif