MAC - Nail Trend F/W 2010 Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Great swatches and review at ALU!

MAC Nail Trend F/W 2010 Swatches & Review | All Lacquered Up

Earthly Harmony is awesome...can't wait to get that one!
heart.gif

iagree.gif
And I LOVE Jade Dragon! And now Rain of Flowers again....
eeksign.gif

laylalovesmac

Damn. Those swatches are making me want Rain of Flowers and Jade Dragon again.... And I was going to happily skip.
ssad.gif
Guess I'll make my decisions at the counter on Thursday.... Though, she did say Rain of Flowers was hard to work with...
hmm.gif
Maybe I will just get Jade Dragon.
greengrin.gif

mac_aiken

Saw these yesterday. Gorgeous. Will definitely get Jade Dragon and possibly Concubine. Shontay you have Earthly Harmony. Do you think it would work well on NW15 pale as ghosts girls like me?

LMD84

guys the purple with blue flecks looks alot like a nubar polish that i recently got - passionate purple. it looks like a very dark purple with blue and pink flecks of glitter. very pretty
smiles.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
Saw these yesterday. Gorgeous. Will definitely get Jade Dragon and possibly Concubine. Shontay you have Earthly Harmony. Do you think it would work well on NW15 pale as ghosts girls like me?

I think it will look great on you. Actually, I like it best on your complexion. The promo pic at my pro store had a fair model wearing it and that made me reach for it. The subtle, frosty, red shimmer in it keeps it from being flat and nasty looking. Give it a shot.

Shadowy Lady

I'm actually more excited about these than FF. I think I'm just gonna skip FF and get:

- Jade Dragon
- Ming Blue
- Earthly Harmony

I haven't been to a MAC counter in moons since none of the last 4-5 months collections have interested me. But I'm making an exception for these nail polishes
smiles.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Damn. Those swatches are making me want Rain of Flowers and Jade Dragon again.... And I was going to happily skip.
ssad.gif
Guess I'll make my decisions at the counter on Thursday.... Though, she did say Rain of Flowers was hard to work with...
hmm.gif
Maybe I will just get Jade Dragon.
greengrin.gif

Rain of Flowers is pretty, but I really found it looked more like a dark blue than a purple (which is pretty much what ALU said). It reminded me a lot of OPI's Russian Navy, which I already have. Jade Dragon, on the other hand, just blew my mind. Incredibly, incredibly beautiful. Made me annoyed that I just redid my nails before going out yesterday. I'm going to make the new polishes wait their turn...

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Rain of Flowers is pretty, but I really found it looked more like a dark blue than a purple (which is pretty much what ALU said). It reminded me a lot of OPI's Russian Navy, which I already have. Jade Dragon, on the other hand, just blew my mind. Incredibly, incredibly beautiful. Made me annoyed that I just redid my nails before going out yesterday. I'm going to make the new polishes wait their turn...

Yeah- I think Jade Dragon will be the one I get.
yes.gif
These seems SO much better than last year's!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Yeah- I think Jade Dragon will be the one I get.
yes.gif
These seems SO much better than last year's!

sooo much better! jade dragon and rain of flowers for me for sure!!! maybe earthly harmony.
th_dunno.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Erin, do you like the finish of Rain of Flowers?? Is it more purple or more blue?

One coat was more purple, 2 coats was more blue but had purple duochrome with multicoloured flecks. Its gorgeous and I'm definately getting it!

Susanne

Thanks Erin! I just want to get two of them - so far I have Jade Dragon and Earthly Harmony on my list.

MACwinked

It's interesting to me that some of you guys have already seen the displays for the nail polishes, because I was told today by my MA that MAC had pushed this launch back until October.

Erin, maybe you have insight on this? I told her to hold some for me but she said that they weren't launching until October sometime.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACwinked
It's interesting to me that some of you guys have already seen the displays for the nail polishes, because I was told today by my MA that MAC had pushed this launch back until October.

Erin, maybe you have insight on this? I told her to hold some for me but she said that they weren't launching until October sometime.

as far as i know they're still launching this thursday. we've had our displayer and stock in for a couple weeks now. i've been on vaca for the last 10 days, so unless we got a memo in during that time saying they've been pushed back, they're still coming out thursday.

guess we'll find out if they're online (and i go back to work) tmrw.
th_dunno.gif

laylalovesmac

I'm still not saying I'm going to skip 100% This will be one of the things I have to see in person. I could walk away skipping, I could walk away with two.
graucho.gif

Shadowy Lady

So I just picked up a few of the Orly Cosmix FX and was wondering:

- is Orly Out of this World a dupe for Rain of Flowers?
- is Orly Lunar Eclipse a dupe for Ming Blue?

Sorry if these have been answered already. if these are dupes or even remotely similar then I will only get Jade Dragon and Earthly Harmony from the launch

shontay07108

I was going to use Earthly Harmony today, but I went to Sally's beauty supply with a friend and found For Audrey by China Glaze. I LOVE it! I also got Secret Peri-Wink-Le, also by China Glaze. I think EH will have to wait until some time next month. It'll be a bit more fitting then, anyway.