MAC - Nail Trend F/W 2010 Discussion

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACwinked
It's interesting to me that some of you guys have already seen the displays for the nail polishes, because I was told today by my MA that MAC had pushed this launch back until October.

Erin, maybe you have insight on this? I told her to hold some for me but she said that they weren't launching until October sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
as far as i know they're still launching this thursday. we've had our displayer and stock in for a couple weeks now. i've been on vaca for the last 10 days, so unless we got a memo in during that time saying they've been pushed back, they're still coming out thursday.

guess we'll find out if they're online (and i go back to work) tmrw.
th_dunno.gif

they are launching this thursday.

laylalovesmac

I think I'm slowly caving... I'll probably get Jade Dragon with my lipsticks on Thursday...
blush-anim-cl.gif
I think I can skip Rain of Flowers, though. At least, I hope so. *crosses fingers*

coachkitten

I know that these are two totally opposite colors but I can't decide between Earthly Harmony & Jade Dragon. I only have budgeted for one.
sigh.gif
I feel that EH would be great for the office but I am way more drawn to Jade Dragon.
th_dunno.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I know that these are two totally opposite colors but I can't decide between Earthly Harmony & Jade Dragon. I only have budgeted for one.
sigh.gif
I feel that EH would be great for the office but I am way more drawn to Jade Dragon.
th_dunno.gif

I would go for the one you are most drawn to.
thmbup.gif

Also, Earthly Harmony seems like it could be duped easier. Then again, I'm probably biased since Jade Dragon is the one I'll be getting.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I would go for the one you are most drawn to.
thmbup.gif

I think that I will!
smiles.gif
I have a feeling if I skipped Jade Dragon I would regret it.

Does anyone know a dupe for EH? TIA!

Susanne

Quote:
sigh.gif
th_dunno.gif

Go for Jade Dragon!

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
So I just picked up a few of the Orly Cosmix FX and was wondering:

- is Orly Out of this World a dupe for Rain of Flowers?
- is Orly Lunar Eclipse a dupe for Ming Blue?

Sorry if these have been answered already. if these are dupes or even remotely similar then I will only get Jade Dragon and Earthly Harmony from the launch

Where did you pick the Orlys up? I am dying for them!

LittleMaryJane

I keep going back to look at EH swatches. But I have come to the "skip" decision enough times now I think. (Finally, ha). EH was the only one I had any interest in so I think it's definitely a no go.

Shadowy Lady

Ok, since it seems like no one knows the answer to my question, I'll take the Orly's with me when I go to MAC and compare in person. If anyone is interested in the comparison, message me and I'll let you know
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Where did you pick the Orlys up? I am dying for them!

I got them from my Sally's. I told them to put t3 of the colours on hold for me when they get the collection and call me. It's a good thing I did put them on hold coz they only got like 3 of each colour
shockt.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Ok, since it seems like no one knows the answer to my question, I'll take the Orly's with me when I go to MAC and compare in person. If anyone is interested in the comparison, message me and I'll let you know
yes.gif

I got them from my Sally's. I told them to put t3 of the colours on hold for me when they get the collection and call me. It's a good thing I did put them on hold coz they only got like 3 of each colour
shockt.gif

wow! that is pretty limited!!
nope.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
^ Damn, I wanted a couple of those Orlys and now it's probably too late. I might check Sally's tomorrow.. No time today
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
wow! that is pretty limited!!
nope.gif

Well, you guys' Sally might be different. Mine just really sucks. They always get super limited stock so I always have to give them the name of polishes I want and have them call me as soon as they get their stuff :/

laylalovesmac

I would say Jade Dragon is a definite for me now. Those new swatches are
heat.gif
I'm getting really excited for this color! Still have to swatch in person, tho.
sigh.gif

purplerinne

The Orly's are also at Ulta. That's where I got mine. I've heard they are now appearing online for half the price (although shipping is really high)

erine1881

Quote:
I think that I will!
smiles.gif
I have a feeling if I skipped Jade Dragon I would regret it.

Does anyone know a dupe for EH? TIA!

ingrid, from CG's vintage vixen collection, is a dupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishingforsn0w
although she says Jade Dragon stains
ssad.gif
anyone know if this is true? *hoping not!

they all stained me except for IF and EH.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
do they stain even when a base coat is used?

If that's the case, I will be skipping.
yes.gif
Too much effort.
nonono.gif