MAC Pret a Papier Discussion

1 UP Mushrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I don't think Ravishing is close to Dressmaker at all... Dressmaker is closer to Ever Hip.

And even then I think Dressmaker is still very different from Ever Hip. On me Dressmaker is peachy/orange while Ever Hip is very coral/red.

Luiza_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiza_T
Thanks. I had checked it before but: "Shipping: This item cannot be shipped to international addresses."
cry.gif
weeping.gif
At least the US girls can still get it...

th_DANCE.gif
Yay! Nordstrom doesn't ship internationally the item I wanted but I found a friend's friend willing to receive it for me in the US and I will pay for the shipping to Canada. I placed an order tonight, hopefully the order will go through and I'll have Coral Crepe when I come back in mid-July.
th_DANCE.gif

Hypathya

Sorry if this bothers you, but I've been really absent from here lately... Just wanted to answer some stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Enjoy your MAC goodies, hun! If you want the stuff that wasn't available in your country, I'm sure someone here will be glad to do a CP for you!
winks.gif

And yes I agree that it's totally terrible to do things when your heart is not in it, especially not grad school that is no joke at all! My mum has always forced me to do things which she thought were "right" for me, but I wasn't always happy with her choices. I've always wanted to be a professional singer, but my parents were totally against that. I still think they should've given me a little support there, but now I see that it's probably quite an unrealistic dream of mine. Thankfully I discovered psychology in university, and for once I've found something that I love so much I don't mind doing it all my life. The fact that I'm actually good at it is an added bonus. Even though my parents are not keen on me furthering my studies, I think I should go ahead and do what I really want to do for once. I know my mum is always asking me to consider other alternatives, but frankly, I can't think of anything else I'll want to do besides this. Maybe one day, when they see my success, they will feel proud of me for once...

I'm happy to know you're doing something you love, be sure to always do!!

I'm pretty sure your parents are proud of you, it's just you're their little girl and only want the best for you!! Being a parent it's such a great responsibility and sometimes parents are blinded by it.
th_kiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Don't you hate it when the collection comes incomplete! It happened a lot for last year's collections at my counter! Will the missing items shipped later or they will not be coming in at all? Enjoy what you bought! Let me know how you find Gazette Grey.

th_hug.gif
You have gone through difficult time and I'm glad that you are now happy.
smiles.gif
Thanks for sharing your story and your wise words!
th_kiss.gif

Winnie, I hope you can pursue your dreams. I'm a little older than you and I sort of understand what you are going through. I agree that settling down and having a family is part of the formula of "being successful in life" in our country.
th_dunno.gif
Well, I'm still single and figuring out my life.
lol.gif

This collection was released at Robinsons MAC on Friday 7th!

Totally!! It's just so frustrating... you know the collection it's going to arrive and somehow you trust it will arrive complete... you allow yourself to make wishlist, set budget and when you finally solve it all and arrive to your counter...
nope.gif
It's the worst!!!

I haven't touched my Gazette Grey... I've been so busy lately I just pull out what's safe, quick or easier... I've been wearing little make up lately!!

Thanks for your sweet words, my dear.
kissy.gif
kissy.gif
kissy.gif

CajunFille'

Hi ladies! I just found out that my MAC freestanding in Meterie, LA has lots of Instant Chic blush still left. I will be going on Thursday to pick mine up. If anyone would like me to CP for them just PM me. I will also check and see if they have Dressmaker, and Coral Crepe. I'll call in the am to see.

If anyone would be interested in doing a charge send the # is: 504-834-9929

CajunFille'

Sorry, but my freestanding and Dillard's counter are all sold out of Dressmaker, Dressmaker and Coral Crepe PP. I'm still doing the CP for Instant Chic though. PM me if you are interested. The SA said they have a good supply available. Hurry, I'm going tomorrow early in the morning and I won't have access to Specktra once I leave the house.

1 UP Mushrooms

Going back to the previous discussion
tong.gif
I myself was curious to see how Dressmaker & Ever Hip compare so I swatched them up! 2nd pic is definitely more true to colour but they're still more vibrant in person and the colour of the swatch looks close to how they show up on my pigmented lips.

Left - Shy Girl
Middle - Dressmaker Dressmaker
Right - Ever Hip

IMO Ever Hip is coral/pink whereas Dressmaker is almost straight up orange on my NC25 self. I swatched Ravishing at a counter a couple of days ago and from what I remember it is very similar in tone to Dressmaker but it's like twice more vibrant & orangey so I doubt it'll give the same effect. Teresita posted that Rimmel's Crush is a close dupe to Dressmaker and it seem like it when I swatch Crush in store but it has shimmers so the finish is different. That being said, I might just buy Crush and forget about buying a Dressmaker back-up. These days the money I've spent on back-ups is probably more than what I spend on different collection items if you know what I mean.
ssad.gif

marajode

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 UP Mushrooms
Going back to the previous discussion
tong.gif
I myself was curious to see how Dressmaker & Ever Hip compare so I swatched them up! 2nd pic is definitely more true to colour but they're still more vibrant in person and the colour of the swatch looks close to how they show up on my pigmented lips.

Left - Shy Girl
Middle - Dressmaker Dressmaker
Right - Ever Hip

IMO Ever Hip is coral/pink whereas Dressmaker is almost straight up orange on my NC25 self. I swatched Ravishing at a counter a couple of days ago and from what I remember it is very similar in tone to Dressmaker but it's like twice more vibrant & orangey so I doubt it'll give the same effect. Teresita posted that Rimmel's Crush is a close dupe to Dressmaker and it seem like it when I swatch Crush in store but it has shimmers so the finish is different. That being said, I might just buy Crush and forget about buying a Dressmaker back-up. These days the money I've spent on back-ups is probably more than what I spend on different collection items if you know what I mean.
ssad.gif

OH, thank you for the swatches. I have had some lemmings for Dressmaker 2, but I think I'm happier with what I have.
Good comparison!

Face2Mac

I am kinda obsessed with Coral Crepe. I have used Mytholothy, Hey, Perky, Firecracker, HotHotHot, Honesty, anything with a peach or a coral.

In addition, I obsess over Made for Love and Made to Order as my lippies with the new Revlon coral lipgloss.

I really haven't touched my other makeup sping/summer and when I do, I longingly look at CC b/c I want to use it. I should stick a ring on it and confirm death do us part.

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I am kinda obsessed with Coral Crepe. I have used Mytholothy, Hey, Perky, Firecracker, HotHotHot, Honesty, anything with a peach or a coral.

In addition, I obsess over Made for Love and Made to Order as my lippies with the new Revlon coral lipgloss.

I really haven't touched my other makeup sping/summer and when I do, I longingly look at CC b/c I want to use it. I should stick a ring on it and confirm death do us part.

It deserves the love. I haven't used it enough, but i used it today
smiles.gif
Samoa Silk looks really nice on top, because it doesn't change the colour of CC too much. In the crease i used Amber Lights and the outer crease Carbon. Under my eyes a little bit of Amber Lights and Blanc Type as a highlight.

nursie

late to this party, but this was one of those collections i didn't care anything about, but one by one added a few things from it to my stash and i LOVE them: coral crepe pp, gazette grey es, dressmaker dressmaker ls. for a coral/peach/orange lover and neutral eye lover it was a collection i should have been waiting for!

1 UP Mushrooms

I swatched Rimmel's Crush l/s again today but because I wasn't expecting to go to the store until I was on the road I didn't bring Dressmaker to compare.
ssad.gif
With that said Rimmel's Crush is more of a true peach (has a touch of pink) whereas Dressmaker is very orangey in comparison so they're not dupes of each other after all. I must say though Crush is a very yummy colour
th_drool.gif
so Teresita, thank you for bringing this lipstick to our attention!
th_wink3.gif
I'll pick it up when I'm in the mood to spend more money.

Lambie_mac

I have rimmel's crush! I love that lipstick, wear it often! It is a very pretty color! And it smells really good! lol.

So, I only have a few things from this collection, and I haven't used any of them. The only thing I did use is the coral crepe pp. And that was only like 3 times if that =/

Anneri

I can't get a hang on wearing a PP alone - and I'm always dissapointed when I layer other shadows on it, because CC is such a pretty colour! How do you use it when you wear it alone? I always think that it looks odd using a highlighter above it, somehow.
th_dunno.gif

HOTasFCUK

If anyone's interested, the Canadian company bombshellbargains.com is closing up their site and doing a hige clearance sale. All MAC is $10 and they have a bunch of Pret-a-Papier items like Coral Crepe p/p, Garb blush, and the Chromographic pencil NC15/NW20 but for some reason they are showing up as N/A so i'm hoping they aren't sold out, just stock hasn't been added yet. They also have the Stacked pigment from SCF and some LoL items.

martiangurll

Just grabbed a Coral Crepe PP from the Nordies site--could not believe they still had some in stock. Also, I got the Pret-a-Papier lipglass and it is beautiful!

Made to Order is a maybe--too much pink in the coral? I am on the fence...

Luiza_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
Just grabbed a Coral Crepe PP from the Nordies site--could not believe they still had some in stock.

I was surprised too... I was also surprised - and happy - they still had/have Birds & Berries eyeshadow, from GMLOL collection. Could get two items that I wanted at one time. In Cape Town too they still had Coral Crepe at the store I went to.