MAC Primed For Perfection Discussion

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I posted pics of the Highlighter in the swatch thread. I have played with it a little bit, but can't say much about wear time or if it settles in the lines, because I only got it today. I quite like it, the texture is a tiny bit creamier/thicker than the Moisturecover Concealer. The coverage is the same. It blends well into my skin, not as good as the Moisturecover Concealer though. Colourwise it matches my skintone, I'm NW 15. (my hands are paler than my face, that's why it looks darker than my skin on the swatch photos I posted) It does make the skin look even and brighter. I'm not sure about using it directly under my eyes, I still like Moisturecover best for that, I think I will use it on my cheeks because I always have red spots there, and under the brows. But it doesn't do anything more than a regular concealer, so if you already have found one that works for you, I don't think you need to get this one IMHO.

LMD84

I posted pics of the Highlighter in the swatch thread. I have played with it a little bit, but can't say much about wear time or if it settles in the lines, because I only got it today. I quite like it, the texture is a tiny bit creamier/thicker than the Moisturecover Concealer. The coverage is the same. It blends well into my skin, not as good as the Moisturecover Concealer though. Colourwise it matches my skintone, I'm NW 15. (my hands are paler than my face, that's why it looks darker than my skin on the swatch photos I posted) It does make the skin look even and brighter. I'm not sure about using it directly under my eyes, I still like Moisturecover best for that, I think I will use it on my cheeks because I always have red spots there, and under the brows. But it doesn't do anything more than a regular concealer, so if you already have found one that works for you, I don't think you need to get this one IMHO.
oh awesome! thanks for the swatch and thank you for the review. perhaps i shall wait it out before i buy one because i don't actually use concealer anyways!

Alty

Hello lovely ladies, I really need your advice here!

I'd like to try one of these highlighters but I'm unsure about which one. I have brownish (hyperpigmented) circles and they get worse when I'm tired or around my period.
I never understood which color is best to conceal them. Most concealers just make them look greyish. I tried yellow-based and pink-based concealers and I can't see much difference on the long term..in a couple hours I just get greyish undereyes that make me look like Uncle Fester
crybaby.gif

Pale pink (shimmery) eyeshadows usually make me look more awake and conceal the hyperpigmentation on my upper lid, but if I use pale pink powders (like benefit powderflage) over concealer it seems to make it worse…maybe it's because of the transulcency of the powder, but I can't use a frosty/shimmery eyeshadow on my lower lids, can I?
girlhaha.gif

Right now I'm using MAC prolongwear concealer in NC20 which is my foundation shade (well I'm more in between NC15 and NC20 but NC15 concealer would be way too light)…I'd really like to try these but I'm so confused...

The MAs haven't been much helpful in picking the right concealer, they seem to have different opinions so every time I go to the counter I come home with a different shade, I've had: NC30 (too dark for my skin but effective if only used on the darker areas), NW25 and NW20 (too orangey for me, it's ok with artificial lights but in daylight it definitely looks "wrong"). Maybe it's because of the horrible light in the store...

What do you think? which highlighter might be best? You can see my eyes pre and post concealer here.

Cheers
flower.gif

nunu

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/173296/mac-primed-for-perfection-discussion/60#post_2099889"] this collection went on the uk site yesterday however i've not bought anything yet! i want the pen thing but not sure what colour to get. when more reviews start coming out then i will buy one. i didn't want to spend £17 on something that could potentially be rubbish!
[/quote] Oh wow! I didn't know it was out already... Thanks!

PinkBasset

Hello lovely ladies, I really need your advice here!

I'd like to try one of these highlighters but I'm unsure about which one. I have brownish (hyperpigmented) circles and they get worse when I'm tired or around my period.
I never understood which color is best to conceal them. Most concealers just make them look greyish. I tried yellow-based and pink-based concealers and I can't see much difference on the long term..in a couple hours I just get greyish undereyes that make me look like Uncle Fester
crybaby.gif

Pale pink (shimmery) eyeshadows usually make me look more awake and conceal the hyperpigmentation on my upper lid, but if I use pale pink powders (like benefit powderflage) over concealer it seems to make it worse…maybe it's because of the transulcency of the powder, but I can't use a frosty/shimmery eyeshadow on my lower lids, can I?
girlhaha.gif

Right now I'm using MAC prolongwear concealer in NC20 which is my foundation shade (well I'm more in between NC15 and NC20 but NC15 concealer would be way too light)…I'd really like to try these but I'm so confused...

The MAs haven't been much helpful in picking the right concealer, they seem to have different opinions so every time I go to the counter I come home with a different shade, I've had: NC30 (too dark for my skin but effective if only used on the darker areas), NW25 and NW20 (too orangey for me, it's ok with artificial lights but in daylight it definitely looks "wrong"). Maybe it's because of the horrible light in the store...

What do you think? which highlighter might be best? You can see my eyes pre and post concealer here.

Cheers
flower.gif

I just bought one of these highlighter pens in Radiant Rose. I'm NC15, and this one was very pretty on my skintone. It lights up my face and makes me look very fresh and alive. The other two looked like they wouldn't work on me, one was very yellow and the other was quite dark orange. These have more highlighting properties, just what they're meant to do, so I wouldn't skip concealer. What I would suggest to you, is to cover the circles with your normal under eye concealer and then layer this on top where you want some extra highlighting (under eyes and inner corners, brow bone, cheekbones, chin, forehead, down the bridge of your nose etc.). I hope that was somewhat helpful! :)

LMD84

I just bought one of these highlighter pens in Radiant Rose. I'm NC15, and this one was very pretty on my skintone. It lights up my face and makes me look very fresh and alive. The other two looked like they wouldn't work on me, one was very yellow and the other was quite dark orange. These have more highlighting properties, just what they're meant to do, so I wouldn't skip concealer. What I would suggest to you, is to cover the circles with your normal under eye concealer and then layer this on top where you want some extra highlighting (under eyes and inner corners, brow bone, cheekbones, chin, forehead, down the bridge of your nose etc.). I hope that was somewhat helpful! :)
oh thanks very much for your input! :) very helpful!

shontay07108

I bought Bright Forecast(a peachy coral). I really like it so far. It definitely brightens and less is more. It's surprisingly opaque. It's great under the brow! I already had on foundation and powder, so it didn't work it's full potential under my eyes, but I was still impressed with what I could see. It also highlighted the bridge of my nose and the top of my lip nicely. I won't get the other 2 because I don't see how they would work for me. Also, anyone notice that pens are shimmery? The packaging and the box they come in, actually. Nice touch.

elegant-one

I bought the Rose color today - perfect (I'm a light NW15) I used it over my concealer, inner eye, browbone, outer corners of eyes & lips, high on cheekbones. I think that the Chanel Rose is more luminous & has a softer look & feel, but it is double the price. The yellow one seemed a bit too yellow on my skin.

Alty

Thanks! I'm going to my counter tomorrow for the wonder woman event (I have an appointment for the makeup, yay!) and I think I'll come back with a clicky pen :)

elegant-one

Also, anyone notice that pens are shimmery? The packaging and the box they come in, actually. Nice touch.
I did notice that as it was sitting on my bathroom counter
sigh.gif
I thought the peachy one was better than the yellow on me too.

Oh, & I agree - the promo pic is really pretty

LMD84

i still need to get one of these! however i think it will be best if i buy one when i'm a mac counter so that i get the right colour for my skin. hopefully 'm going to mac at the end of the month so fingers crossed!

laylalovesmac

i still need to get one of these! however i think it will be best if i buy one when i'm a mac counter so that i get the right colour for my skin. hopefully 'm going to mac at the end of the month so fingers crossed!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Lou! I'm not letting myself near a MAC until May. Not the website either. Then I'll go crazy! lol jk. I wish!

I'm actually interested in these pens now, too. Probably the rose one. I always love elegant's recommendations since we're the same skin tone. (Okay- I'll admit it. The glittery box REALLY swayed me.
girlhaha.gif
)

LMD84

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Lou! I'm not letting myself near a MAC until May. Not the website either. Then I'll go crazy! lol jk. I wish!
I'm actually interested in these pens now, too. Probably the rose one. I always love elegant's recommendations since we're the same skin tone. (Okay- I'll admit it. The glittery box REALLY swayed me.
girlhaha.gif
)
thanks! both me and nick get paid at the end of the month which is why i would be able to afford to go to mac. we're going shopping for the day for his birthday and where we are going happens to have a mac store! whoopie!

bis

Anyone tried the eye primer yet? I am seriously hoping that this primer is what keeps my concealer on my skin. Lou, what do you plan to use the pen for? General highlighting or concealing?

LMD84

Lou, what do you plan to use the pen for? General highlighting or concealing?
Xsparkage mentioned that she loved the eye primer in her march favourites video :) and i plan on using the pen for concealing. because i'm fortunate i do not really have any under eye bags or anything. i just think it will add a little something for when i am a bit tired and dull looking. i know lots of people say to use this with a concealer but i'd just be using it on it's own :)

bis

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/173296/mac-primed-for-perfection-discussion/90#post_2104312"]

Xsparkage mentioned that she loved the eye primer in her march favourites video :) and i plan on using the pen for concealing. because i'm fortunate i do not really have any under eye bags or anything. i just think it will add a little something for when i am a bit tired and dull looking. i know lots of people say to use this with a concealer but i'd just be using it on it's own :)

[/quote] Thanks for the tip. I ordered the primer and cannot wait for it to arrive. Lucky you, if you just like it for highlighting I would go with the rose coloured one :)

ShesAFoxyLady

I can't decide whether to buy the rose pen from this collection or one of MACs concealers for my under eye circles. I don't really have any bags but I would like to lighten the area under my eye. What would you ladies suggest?

Also, anyone know if these contain any spf? I'd like something with spf and also something which is not going to be too heavy or dry for the eye area...

BeckyBenett

hw are the reviews on this? is it better than ysl? its quite pricey for a mac item so if its not as good, ill just try out ysl..

shontay07108

^it's not as good as ysl, in my opinion. Ysl is creamier and the shades are more natural/flattering. I do like this highlighter, though.

Latest posts