MAC Primed For Perfection Discussion

LMD84

Lucky you, if you just like it for highlighting I would go with the rose coloured one
smiles.gif
awesome! thanks for the rec!

ShesAFoxyLady

Xsparkage mentioned that she loved the eye primer in her march favourites video :) and i plan on using the pen for concealing. because i'm fortunate i do not really have any under eye bags or anything. i just think it will add a little something for when i am a bit tired and dull looking. i know lots of people say to use this with a concealer but i'd just be using it on it's own :)

This is exactly how I am interested in using the highlighter pen too. I'm just debating whether I should go ahead and buy this or opt for a 'proper' concealer such as the studio fix one instead... decisions decisions! On the other hand, like you, I just want it to brighten under my eyes and I don't have any eye bags, although I do have some slight dark circles atm.

I've just started a new thread about using products on the eye area, as a MA I spoke to yesterday advised that foundation shouldn't be used near the eyes - so now I'm wondering if these highlighter pens will be sufficient coverage if I stop using foundation in that area?

bis

^ I actually asked an MA about this and she told me to not use makeup around the eyes as makeup has a much higher powder content. Like you no bags, but slight blue circles and I am using the Moisturecover concealer under my eyes, all the other MAC concealers were not playing nice with my dry skin. Coverage is okay, but it tends to fade on me and I hope that the primer will help there. Probably it's best for you to give the pen a try compared to a concealer.

ShesAFoxyLady

Well I've been back to MAC to try the pens. I actually tried one yesterday, but it was over the Bobbi Brown corrector/concealer combo that I had been to try earlier that day. It looked okay when I put it on over the concealer, but today when I tried it by itself - I was not convinced at all
ssad.gif

Regardless of the colour pen I used, they looked very noticeable and yet didn't manage to hide any darkness. It's probably best when used on top of a concealer like when I tried it yesterday (it did actually improve the look of the BB concealer which I found creased after a very short time).

I asked the MA about studio fix concealer instead and she said it is way too heavy for under the eyes and she doesn't recommend it
th_confused_new.gif

I've also tried a maybelline highlighter pen while I was at the shops, and I can honestly say - it was better than the MAC one, when used by itself!!

I then went to Benefit and tried the erase paste (the MA recommended this over 'boi-ing' because she said it is more hydrating and generally better for the skin in that area). The benefit one probably looks the best out of the three, with the exception that I think it might crease as it's definately the creamiest texture. The maybelline one is suprisingly good, and at £6 it's a bargain, but at the moment the benefit one is my favourite so far. I'll see how it wears over the next few hours...

Quote:
Probably it's best for you to give the pen a try compared to a concealer.

I don't know why the MA didn't recommend anything else apart from the pens, because I asked a few times about other products that might be suitable. She didn't even mention moisturecover...

She did reiterate never to use foundation near the eyes. Oh, and she said the primer was a miracle worker and swore that she doesn't usually buy the hype of products like that but she recons this one is amazing.... but at £20 I doubt I'll be finding out...

bis

[quote name="ShesAFoxyLady" url="/forum/thread/173296/mac-primed-for-perfection-discussion/90#post_2104366"]

I don't know why the MA didn't recommend anything else apart from the pens, because I asked a few times about other products that might be suitable. She didn't even mention moisturecover...

She did reiterate never to use foundation near the eyes. Oh, and she said the primer was a miracle worker and swore that she doesn't usually buy the hype of products like that but she recons this one is amazing.... but at £20 I doubt I'll be finding out...

[/quote] There were some rumours that MAC plans to d/c Moisturecover, but then I think someone in the d/c thread said that it will stay in Europe. Maybe they'll d/c, maybe she just forgot about it. MC is still on the German MAC site :dunno: Did the MA at least give you a sample of the great eye primer? Sorry that the pen did not work for you. Btw, do you have Catrice in the UK? They make a nice click-pen concealer, as does Clinique.

Leeny

Any NC20s trying out Bright Forecast? I tried a little on my hand and it seemed too dark. I also skipped Light Boost because it was too yellow. I just need something to help with undereye circles. I was thinking of maybe mixing Radiant Rose and Light Boost to make my own light peachy colour corrector, I wonder if it would work. Guess I'll have to make a trip back to the store to play.
th_crazy.gif

mac_aiken

Picked up the pen in Radiant Rose today. Have just played around a bit today and just some quick thoughts.

I like this more as a highlighter/"refresher" type product than a traditional concealer. What I love about RR is it makes me look awake and refreshed. To me it gives a similar effect to PIP BP.

elegant-one

^I agree April. I also used it today at my cupids bow & outer corners of my mouth - really blended out though. Don't want to look like I just ate a powdered cream puff or something ;)

cody

Prep & Prime Vibrancy is nice. Very smooth and even a little creamy. When I pump it on my hand it looks faintly pink but it blends out mostly transparent with just a hint of shimmer. It did slightly even out the tone of my eyelids though as I have thin blue-green veins that are faintly visible on my eyelids and it made them less noticeable. I was wearing shadows from the Cutie quad today over top and definitely got a full eight hours of wear without fading while I was using it, although the colors are pretty soft so I don't know how darker colors would last with it. I'd imagine pretty well. I'm not sure if it's a holy grail product for me yet but I'm going to keep using it and also blending it under my eyes. I find sometimes if my eyelids are a tiny bit dry that paint pots don't go on super smoothly whereas this was really easy to apply and a bit moisturizing without being greasy or heavy.

If there's anything else anyone wants to know about it, I can play around and experiment some more then offer my feedback.

LMD84

Prep & Prime Vibrancy is nice. Very smooth and even a little creamy. When I pump it on my hand it looks faintly pink but it blends out mostly transparent with just a hint of shimmer. It did slightly even out the tone of my eyelids though as I have thin blue-green veins that are faintly visible on my eyelids and it made them less noticeable. I was wearing shadows from the Cutie quad today over top and definitely got a full eight hours of wear without fading while I was using it, although the colors are pretty soft so I don't know how darker colors would last with it. I'd imagine pretty well. I'm not sure if it's a holy grail product for me yet but I'm going to keep using it and also blending it under my eyes. I find sometimes if my eyelids are a tiny bit dry that paint pots don't go on super smoothly whereas this was really easy to apply and a bit moisturizing without being greasy or heavy.

If there's anything else anyone wants to know about it, I can play around and experiment some more then offer my feedback.
you're making me wonder f i should get the pen highlighter or this baby instead!

Winthrop44

Is anyone using Vibrancy Eye under their under eye concealer? It doesn't seem to do anything for me but make my concealer drag as I try to blend it. Is anyone else having better luck with it? I kind of like the ingredient list.

chromatrix

I have the Vibrancy eye. Mostly it seems to do a better job than the UD eyeprimer of keeping my shadow from settling into creases under my eye.I always do a smokey thing under my eye to help hide the fine lines and this stuff is better at keeping that looking good. I will be getting it again.

LMD84

I have the Vibrancy eye. Mostly it seems to do a better job than the UD eyeprimer of keeping my shadow from settling into creases under my eye.I always do a smokey thing under my eye to help hide the fine lines and this stuff is better at keeping that looking good. I will be getting it again.

good to know! thanks!

ansimi

I'm not particularly impressed with the pens. I don't think the colours are great. They have quite a bit of colour so they'll work as a nice corrector if they make one the right shade for you. They're all much darker and more colourful than my skin they're not highlighters on me. The finish is nice but the colours mean I would only be using a little amount so I would actually prefer more luminousity/glow since I'm using so little. I don't really think their at all like the YSL ones in terms of coverage, texture, or finish. The staff at my store seemed to know very little about them. They just have so many new collections coming out all the time that they can't keep up.

A major plus is that the lasting power seems surprisingly good so I think they have some great technology that we might get to see in other products from MAC or other companies.

I got a sample of the eye cream and I'm very impressed! I don't really have puffiness and just normal dark circles so I can't really attest to it's effectiveness for that. I use it as a day eye cream on the lid and under-eye area and it works really well for me. I'm 37 with fine lines and still have oily skin around my eyes. Thick primers like UDPP are terrible on me and so are heavy eye creams. I'm very picky about texture and finish for anything around my eye these days and this is a winner for me.

Latest posts