MAC Pro - Chromaline Discussion

jeffreygirl

I was hopin to see some pics here.
th_confused_new.gif

Ruby_Woo

I think these might be limited to Pro only, because the chromacakes and paintsticks are pro only, and this seems like an extention to that. I'll ask.

In other news, I saw them at work today and they are LOVE!! ah! I want them!!

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
I think these might be limited to Pro only, because the chromacakes and paintsticks are pro only, and this seems like an extention to that. I'll ask.

In other news, I saw them at work today and they are LOVE!! ah! I want them!!

but you don't share
nonono.gif

blah.gif

pics please... I'm feelin snubbed. and the public awaits!

Ruby_Woo

The pot looks about the size of a paint pot, maybe a bit bigger, they are very creamy in consistency and have great color payoff.

I'll see if I can get a picture when I go in at work.

The lil baggie said "Chromaline first sample batch" so I dunno when they are to be released.

wifey806

oooh I got to play with these tonight at my local Pro store! They come in the EXACT container as the Paint Pots (just like bartp said above).

I think they'd be PERFECT for face painting, and theatre because once they're one, they DON'T BUDGE! They are a yummy, creamy consistency (not as dry as Paints, or Paint Pots). Actually, they feel a lot like the Fluidliner thingies. I felt like I had time to play, and spread, and mix colors (like a grease paint). More time infact than the Chromacakes. Plus, you don't need to mix it with any medium. Not enough product for full on body coverage, but tattoos, face painting, bases for those dang NEON PRO PIGGIES... it's a go!

ps- not sure if eye safe -- store was too busy to ask.
http://specktra.net/f217/mac-pro-chr...8/#post1396881

darkwater_soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
oooh I got to play with these tonight at my local Pro store! They come in the EXACT container as the Paint Pots (just like bartp said above).

I think they'd be PERFECT for face painting, and theatre because once they're one, they DON'T BUDGE! They are a yummy, creamy consistency (not as dry as Paints, or Paint Pots). Actually, they feel a lot like the Fluidliner thingies. I felt like I had time to play, and spread, and mix colors (like a grease paint). More time infact than the Chromacakes. Plus, you don't need to mix it with any medium. Not enough product for full on body coverage, but tattoos, face painting, bases for those dang NEON PRO PIGGIES... it's a go!

ps- not sure if eye safe -- store was too busy to ask.
http://specktra.net/f217/mac-pro-chr...8/#post1396881

Do you know if these are also water activated?

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Holy crap those swatches are gorgeous!!! Thank you!

you're very welcome! Specktra helped me build my kit, so the least I can do is share some swatches!
th_hug.gif

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwater_soul
Do you know if these are also water activated?

nope! they're ready to use, and dry to a matte finish.

Lizzie

I just got the red one yesterday! They are ALL gorgeous! The consistency is LOVE!

I used it as a base under the red in Dangerzone...fabulous!

For those who were wondering, the insert says primary yellow, genuine orange, basic red, rich purple, and landscape green are not safe for the lip or eye area. (I used it on my eye and it didn't fall out of its socket, but shhh!)

Randy Rose

Bummer the colors are a no-go on the eyes and lips.
ssad.gif
Although the white will be nice for people who've been wishing for a white paint pot, and it will allow for some drag-a-licious two-tone highlights on lips.
smiles.gif