MAC Pro - Chromaline Discussion

bartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayraphat
If we can't use them on eyes and lips, where we can use them? I don't want fuschia nor true red cheeks! Are they really hurt eyes/lips ?

I don't think they will really hurt eyes or lips. At least that's been my experience. It does however mean that you have to be careful with pigments that are as potent as this.

I've been using Wolfe Brothers products for face painting, and they will stain skin too. For that reason I don't use it too close to the eye area, or I make sure I dilute them with other products or use a good base.

When I do face painting with products that stain, I make sure there is some kind of foundation, and I also make sure that skin is really hydrated.

When skin is dry, it will suck emolients and water into the skin, and will drag the pigments with it. That's when you get the stains.

when you have perfectly hydrated skins (like when you do face painting for small children) , you rarely notice any staining.

Krasevayadancer

Shite, freaking post just got deleted... Oh well, I guess I will write it all out again

Alright, so I went to play around with these today, here are my thoughts (swatches will be posted tonight)

First off, I will say I liked these a lot. They are vibrant, intense, and just pretty awesome.

The ma I spoke with told me these are like the hybrid of fluidlines and chromacake. I agree with that assessment
yes.gif

What you get is intense, matte color that glides on effortlessly (since these are gels like fluidlines they are super smooth and require no activation medium).

Think primary colors on crack, intense, rich and covering all ends of the spectrum.

My favs were: Purple (because I am a purple freak), White (because it will instantly make any color intense), and black because you can line with it or use it to morph a smokey eye. Im thinking black with a white duochrome over it would be pretty darned hot
yes.gif

With anything that is that richly pigmented with primary color, it is not quite eyesafe but I don't see lining or using them as an eye base to be a problem, especially if you are smart about it (no waterline lining, use a base prior etc)

These suckers stay put too, once you let it dry on the skin (drying time is the same as it is for fluidlines) they don't budge!

All in all I like these :-D

SakurasamaLover

Seriuously I can't wait to play with those.. and they will be used at the same place then all my Basic red, primary yellow, basic orange, dusty coral pigments : on my eyes !
thmbup.gif

The warning from MAC is what it says a warning. A lot of cometics just dont say their eyeshadow can iritate your eyes but they can, you just have to know yourself and use those properly. *just my opinion*

I would love to get these. im hesitating becuase of the safety of them on the lips and eyes. Either way i never use anything so high in pigment on bare skin unless its maybe the cheeks. I would def use them with a base no matter eye or lip...but i think i'll invest in colors that i would use most commonly. e.i. white, red, and maybe purple. I have landescape green pigment and i think with the right base i can get a similar effect..

TISH1124

I have not read all the posts....But I bought the Pure White and the Marine Ultra (Blue) today!! I love them...I did not know that the Blue, Black & White were the only ones that were considered eye safe...I guess that was probably 4 pages back!! But the colors are fabulous!!

NC45

100_5111.jpg

xpucu

I really like that these are matte finishes - i would get the white for sure it will make every color pop

Sanayhs

I don't care whether or not these are officially eye safe. I'll just layer them over another base. Hey, my risk. And and and... SO PRETTY.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I don't care whether or not these are officially eye safe. I'll just layer them over another base. Hey, my risk. And and and... SO PRETTY.

There are alot of people who don't care...I for one don't...I was just passing on knowledge that I was given for those who do....I say if you like it and buy it ...It's yours to use as you desire...Information is knowledge....

Ruby_Woo

So I used these today to create a purple eye and I LOVE em! so easy to use omg!! My fave is the purple and Ultra Marine
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
So I used these today to create a purple eye and I LOVE em! so easy to use omg!! My fave is the purple and Ultra Marine
smiles.gif

Let us see!!!

Krasevayadancer

Just wanted to say, I used the black for a smokey eye. Super creamy, no smudging and it wore forever! It also came off easily with my cleansing oil which I appreciated
yes.gif

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Just wanted to say, I used the black for a smokey eye. Super creamy, no smudging and it wore forever! It also came off easily with my cleansing oil which I appreciated
yes.gif

drools.gif
I have to ask the pro store when they will be available here soon!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
yes.gif

I was starting to think that we lost you to MUFE! I am glad that you gave MAC a little love!
winks.gif

Asphyxiation

Does anyone know when these will be out in the UK..?
I know someone who lives close to a pro store so I could probably get her to buy them for me..
th_DANCE.gif

I went and bought the white and the red, but i want to go back for the yellow, purple and green. i have neo-orange pigment so im sure i can get creative.